ICS XE on normal sensation doesn't work

Search This thread

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
My sensation in s-off,and I installed GB XE rom on it,all works very good.Now I try to upgrade to XE ICS without success:I try ota update metod,ruu metod,and extract rom.zip too,but after installation phone reboot constantly at htc logo.Hboot became 1.27,luckily my phone remain s-off so I came back to old GB and recovery my phone.
Now I have original ICS for normal sensation,it has 1.27 hboot like Xe rom.So,what's the problem?Why can't I upgrade to original xe rom?

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
The problem is that the updater-script in the OTA reads the phone model number and yours is sensation model number, not XE model number so it will reject the update

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
wrong firmware.you should flash fw 3.32
I flashed it
I use that metod too,as I wrote,and it doesn't works for ICS,only for GB.The only difference is that my phone isn't rooted

The problem is that the updater-script in the OTA reads the phone model number and yours is sensation model number, not XE model number so it will reject the update
I can install update bypassing model id,the problem is after install ICS phone reboot al htc logo

Gho57

Dec 12, 2008
Scaricati una rom ICS decente, controlla l'md5sum, assicurati di avere l'ultimo firmware e radio, installati la 4ext, wipa tutto da questa ( formatta tutte le partizioni ecceto la sd ) e solo poi installa la rom.

Se non hai i permessi di root fra le guide trovi lo zip da installare in recovery.

Short english version:

Try with 4 ext and wipe all partition first (lol)

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
grazie per la risposta,ma più semplicemente sai dirmi perchè con lo stesso hboot la rom normale funzia e quella del XE no?Alcuni hanno risolto con l'enghboot,ma per me non funziona.Sai se può c'entrare qualcosa il super cid o il root,cioè se sono indispensabili?
In passato mi son fermato al s-off perchè è bastato per la rom GB del xe

Gho57

Dec 12, 2008
Devi wipare tutto prima di installare altre rom, altrimenti vai in loop.

Parla in inglese che qui ci cazziano...asd

English version:

Try with a complete wipe!

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
nothing to do,after installing hboot 1.27,phone reboot everytime compare htc logo....

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005

what software do you use to change android-info.txt?With winrar or 7zip I can change it but not save it(damage archives)

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
I see now that processor clock is 1.2 and not 1.5.Thats only for me or normal?With GB i had 1,5 clock

hunter890

Dec 11, 2010
If you are using stock kernel, I think the processor speed should be 1.2GHz if you have a normal Sensation, regardless of whether you're using a XE ROM or normal Sensation ROM (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't used an XE ROM in forever). You can try either SebastianFM's kernel, bricked kernel or faux kernel. All 3 should be fine. Just download the kernel file, make a backup and flash like a ROM.

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
If you are using stock kernel, I think the processor speed should be 1.2GHz if you have a normal Sensation, regardless of whether you're using a XE ROM or normal Sensation ROM (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't used an XE ROM in forever). You can try either SebastianFM's kernel, bricked kernel or faux kernel. All 3 should be fine. Just download the kernel file, make a backup and flash like a ROM.

should be problem using thats kernel,like brick the phone?

hunter890

Dec 11, 2010
should be problem using thats kernel,like brick the phone?

It's very unlikely that you will brick your phone by flashing a kernel. As long as you're downloading the right kernel (i.e. if you're using a Sense ROM, then make sure you're downloading a HTC Sensation Sense kernel) and check the md5sum before flashing you should be fine.

Top Liked Posts