30 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By joplin48, Junior Member on 6th April 2012, 12:22 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
To: joplin_gl
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:21 AM
Subject: RE: Transformer Prime Concerns Case #1654881

Dear Gregory,
I just received an update regarding the Prime’s GPS functionality.
We will be releasing a dongle shortly that will address the GPS function and be a fully usable GPS that will lock onto many satellites and keep their lock with wi-fi active.
If you choose to purchase another Prime unit we will send a the GPS dongle to you to address the GPS locks.
This is to keep you informed on making your purchase decision on picking up another Prime. I do hope we can keep you as a customer.
Thanks,
Hai Trat
JR. Technical Product Manager

Inspiring Innovation.Persistent Perfection

To: joplin_gl@yahoo.ca
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:36 AM

Dear Gregory,
Also to update the wi-fi.* I have been testing our newer versions of our Primes over the last week and they are getting better signal strength with the wi-fi.* Wifi will vary depending on routers being used and the router settings.* I can tell you there is a definite improvement in wifi transfers and speed on the newer batches that I have.* I have been doing side by side comparisons with the TF101 and Prime with my RT-N13U router.* They are very close in performance now and I could not distinguish difference albeit very minor ones in transfer rates on both the units.* So this area has also been improved with our newer release Primes.*
Let me know if you have any more questions as I can be your direct contact for communication on making your new Prime purchase a good one.
Thanks,
Hai Trat
JR. Technical Product Manager

NEW NEWS

To: joplin_gl
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:42 PM

Dear Gregory,

GPS dongle will be provided for free when it arrives. ETA is mid April for this and we are setting up a process for it. We will inform you once the process is complete and the dongles here.

It will look similar to the hinge from the dock. Where it will be a flush fit on the bottom of the unit if held in landscape matching the color of your Prime chassis.

For the Wfi,

I don’t have much info on Staples distribution process. I will have to see if the new ones will still be arriving at a Staples store with the sales team. I will check on this to see what information I can find out for you.

If you however do find a new batch of TF201 Primes. Please look for C3… version or higher. For instance serial number will be displayed on a label outside the box such as C3OKAS123456. These are improved on the wifi from the ones we have tested. This should be universal on all of the skus. Meaning 32GB or 64GB will have the update already since it is newer iterations of the units.

RIGHT ON
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joplin48 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joplin48 Ad-Free

6th April 2012, 12:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Uh oh, somebody stole the thunder from GK's big announcement.. Heads must roll...

Hey, this isn't a sneaky April Fools, right...
6th April 2012, 12:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So the gps single will require the spare USB port?

Does he not mention what the model number is on the "later models"?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
6th April 2012, 12:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
I guess I should wait to purchase a Prime then.
6th April 2012, 12:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Sooo an exchange program or not?
6th April 2012, 12:40 AM |#6  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,691

Donate to Me
More
GPS dongle...? Meh.
6th April 2012, 12:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 885

More
>So the gps single will require the spare USB port?

Doubt it. That would require the dock. Am assuming this uses the proprietary connector, hence the "testing" needed, as else you can just grab any off-the-shelf USB GPS dongle instead.
6th April 2012, 12:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
If this is the big news i'm going to super disappointed
FIX THE WIFI not the GPS.
Fools
The Following User Says Thank You to David522d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift David522d Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 12:47 AM |#9  
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,047

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.mote

Uh oh, somebody stole the thunder from GK's big announcement.. Heads must roll...

Hey, this isn't a sneaky April Fools, right...

well the cat is out of the bag now. I can confirm this also. was supposed to be a secret..lmfao

I'm one of the people Asus has testing it out I told people I knew what the announcement was but couldn't reveal it because I was asked not to reveal it. well seems like someone posted an email. they have to be careful though. once Gary sees this thread, he will confront the person who leaked info and there go any more detailed info coming out. op or anyone should just post info without where it came from. that person could get in trouble over this as its not even official yet. testing still going on and the results determine whether its approved or not.

The dongle is very cool though. very minimalistic and made to look like part of the prime.
6th April 2012, 12:50 AM |#10  
Flag Epsom
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David522d

If this is the big news i'm going to super disappointed
FIX THE WIFI not the GPS.
Fools

I'd be more disappointed if the big news is Ubuntu.
Be quite happy with this if it were a freebie for registered owners. Not so much if we're expected to pay for it!

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium
6th April 2012, 12:53 AM |#11  
Flag Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 19

More
If this becomes official they better send it to every body at no cost.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread