Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power button not working suddenly

Tip us?

Shift2win
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Power button not working suddenly

Last night while using my phone it suddenly rebooted itself, and when it came back on the power button no longer worked. I could use the volume buttons to wake the phone, but even that stopped working after a while. I went to sleep and let it charge overnight, and when I woke up, all was working normally. Its been normal all day until a few min ago, the phone rebooted and now once again the power button wont work. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions, besides take it to Sprint, which I will do if it continues?

Shift2win
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Well I took it to a Sprint store and the tech said the button is physically fine, and worked when doing a hard reset but once the phone came back on it went back to not working again. So he thinks it's a software issue and ordered me a replacement. And my E4GT is completely stock, never rooted. Just decided to let u guys know just in case anyone else happens to have the same problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Shift2win For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
just wondering how long you have had your phone before this bug, any other issues before this.
Pp.

sent from my microwave ala XDA premium.
Sent from my Ginger infused Asus G73.

rbtrucking
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift2win View Post
Well I took it to a Sprint store and the tech said the button is physically fine, and worked when doing a hard reset but once the phone came back on it went back to not working again. So he thinks it's a software issue and ordered me a replacement. And my E4GT is completely stock, never rooted. Just decided to let u guys know just in case anyone else happens to have the same problem.

If it is a software problem which it sounds like to me I would root that thing and throw a rom on there and see if that works. Preferably Phantom Hackers Blazer rom 4.1 Pure win!

Shift2win
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
just wondering how long you have had your phone before this bug, any other issues before this.
Pp.

sent from my microwave ala XDA premium.
I bought the phone brand new in October, and no i havent had ANY issues before this. This just came out of the blue

latoso
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have almost the same issue, mine will reboot and the battery will drop from 90% to 50 or 40% once i had 59% rebooted and drop to only 6% i changed different batts, changed roms back to stock and the same, i will take to sprint

kingcaliyone
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift2win View Post
Last night while using my phone it suddenly rebooted itself, and when it came back on the power button no longer worked. I could use the volume buttons to wake the phone, but even that stopped working after a while. I went to sleep and let it charge overnight, and when I woke up, all was working normally. Its been normal all day until a few min ago, the phone rebooted and now once again the power button wont work. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions, besides take it to Sprint, which I will do if it continues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtrucking View Post
If it is a software problem which it sounds like to me I would root that thing and throw a rom on there and see if that works. Preferably Phantom Hackers Blazer rom 4.1 Pure win!
my phone did the same thing i rooted it an put caulk rom an it worked again...been working ever since

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoso View Post
I have almost the same issue, mine will reboot and the battery will drop from 90% to 50 or 40% once i had 59% rebooted and drop to only 6% i changed different batts, changed roms back to stock and the same, i will take to sprint
if u are rooted u might wanna wipe the battery stats first an see if that helps.go into recovery an look for wipe its the last one ..mite save u a trip to sprint
The Following User Says Thank You to kingcaliyone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

That Future
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtrucking View Post
I have this problem right now it came out of no where and was working fine till now. When I flashed a new rom my power button still wont work.
The Following User Says Thank You to That Future For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IA-32e
Old
Thanks Meter 36
My power button isn't working either. My phone randomly reboots and isn't usable. My buddy gave me his old Samsung Moment to use It's like I'm back in the stone age with this thing. No insurance on my E4GT either FML.
SamSprint Epic 4G Touch
CyanogenMod 10.1 Unofficial
FL24 Modem

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,318

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-32e View Post
My power button isn't working either. My phone randomly reboots and isn't usable. My buddy gave me his old Samsung Moment to use It's like I'm back in the stone age with this thing. No insurance on my E4GT either FML.
It's still under a year old isn't it? Take it in and spend the $35.00 for Sprint to troubleshoot and replace it under warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]