Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

OP CallMeAria

17th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #141  
Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeAria

So far no fix for 4g other than reverting the flex.xml.

What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.
17th April 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #142  
hackedout's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Editting the flex xml has done numerous things to my phone. On most roms, in my experience it will cause the contact's to force close, the keyboard fails in landscape(but only on home screens; it works in the browser.), in the bio rom changing to the wrong xml causes the bluetooth crash. It will however put an H+ at the top of your screen; but I get the same speeds nomatter what my notification bar says. Do some speed tests, if your willing to sacrifice the stableility of your phone you can get an H+ at the top of your phone.
17th April 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcleve

What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.

I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?


EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner
Last edited by metalgod862; 17th April 2012 at 08:44 AM.
17th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #144  
Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod862

I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?


EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner

Have you done a speed test to see if speeds changed? I'm about to flash but don't want to loose any 4g speed I have now. If it is just cosmetics with the icon, I'm OK with that.
17th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #145  
hackedout's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.
17th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #146  
Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackedout

Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.

Thanks, but I think I will wait on Aria to fix 4g or someone give an update on 4g speed test with this ROM before installing. Can't Wait!!!!
17th April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #147  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that
17th April 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #148  
WattB006's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 51
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I just switched it back to USA from US in the flex.xml file. I didn't notice and significant increase in data speed and was getting tired of seeing FC every now and again. Still an excellent ROM and cant wait to see whats next.
17th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #149  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrptsenate

This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that


Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?
17th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #150  
JReeher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavo

Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?

HSPA+ I believe its different than LTE

Sent from my LG Thrill dripping AcidHAZARD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes