[ROOT]For TELUS Note (i717D) - No Flash Counter
Thanks to braway
braway gave most of the instructions, and Blue1k provided the system.img file.
All I did was testing and uploading.
I'm not responsible for anything that will happen to your device;
I tried it and it worked without ANY problem:
My flash counter is still at 0, I have TELUS Stock system/kernel etc. and I have ROOT.
Download these files:
TELUS system backup from a TELUS Note Rooted by Da_G
(Sorry for part files, mirrors will be appreciated.)
Test the archive file before you flash, make sure it's not corrupted!
Instructions (copied from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1518962
, Thanks to roloracer
1. Turn off your phone and uplug it. Take the battery out of your phone, put it back in, and hold the volume down button and power button at the same time. Keep them held down until the phone starts buzzing and you see the Samsung name.
2. At this point you are either in download mode or the phone will tell you to hit volume up, at which point you'll be ready.
3. Run Odin on your PC -- right click and choose "Run as Administrator" just to be safe.
4. Plug your phone into your PC.
5. In the Odin screen, wait until one of the top boxes turns yellow and displays some numbers.
6. UNCHECK all the boxes except for Auto Reboot.
7. Unzip the file that you downloaded.
8. Hit the PDA button and navigate to telus-rooted-system.tar
9. Hit start
10. wait until your phone reboots.
11. If it didn't work, try rebooting and starting from scratch.
12. Install Superuser app from Play Store: Superuser