Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

Tip us?
 
litetaker
Old
#11  
litetaker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 584
Posts: 1,586
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandso9 View Post
4s lol I'm pretty sure i told you this in the irc the other night didn't i?
LOL!!!! XD XD !!

I keep forgetting!! D'oh! I had a funny feeling I asked you this already. Well now I know!!!

Well, Sandso9, I promise I will remember it this time!

Can't Wait till Monday! But I won't be home on Monday! Hope I can make FedEx leave it at a neighbor's location...
=== <<< @ >>> ===
__________________________________
Thank me, if my post helped you, made you smile, laugh, LOL or ROFL!!!
_______________



Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)
 
Sandso9
Old
#12  
Sandso9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 365
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
LOL!!!! XD XD !!

I keep forgetting!! D'oh! I had a funny feeling I asked you this already. Well now I know!!!

Well, Sandso9, I promise I will remember it this time!

Can't Wait till Monday! But I won't be home on Monday! Hope I can make FedEx leave it at a neighbor's location...
Good luck man your going to love that phone its so nice to escape the x2!
Vzw Moto X Rooted 4.2.2
Vzw iPhone 4S - iOS 7 GM
Motorola Droid X2 - CM9 Alpha 5
Motorola Droid - CM9
Vzw Motorola Xoom - Cyanogenmod 10 Jelly Bean!
 
y0himba
Old
#13  
y0himba's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 394
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a house.

 
DONATE TO ME
I was offered the Droid Incredible 2 as well, but sent it back. Rooting is complex, and S-Off? What is that? I read the sticky threads, and found out that you actually need to downgrade the phone to root it.

The phone is slow in comparison to the DX2, the stock launcher/homescreens are not customizable, no Bluetooth auto-answer, and I would not be able to tether it without paying another $30 for data that I am already grandfathered in for unlimited.

My phone was fine until I paired my Bluetooth headset, then all the issues started. I need a phone that can handle heavy Bluetooth usage and Bluetooth music listening.

I guess I will wait until August for my upgrade date.
My Web Site: http://www.y0himba.net
Last 5 Songs Played:
 
Elite49
Old
#14  
Elite49's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 700
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
I was offered the Droid Incredible 2 as well, but sent it back. Rooting is complex, and S-Off? What is that? I read the sticky threads, and found out that you actually need to downgrade the phone to root it.

The phone is slow in comparison to the DX2, the stock launcher/homescreens are not customizable, no Bluetooth auto-answer, and I would not be able to tether it without paying another $30 for data that I am already grandfathered in for unlimited.

My phone was fine until I paired my Bluetooth headset, then all the issues started. I need a phone that can handle heavy Bluetooth usage and Bluetooth music listening.

I guess I will wait until August for my upgrade date.
Yea If I'm only offered that I think I'll tell them to try harder, a lot harder. As if I'm going to take a device that has a smaller screen and was less money then what I bought my phone for.
XDA the land of try hards, trolls and the occasional Android Gurus!
I "thank" for anything. Including tacos.
Current Phone: WHITE SGS3 w/BoneStock JB Fauxafied v26
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2
 
antp121
Old
(Last edited by antp121; 7th April 2012 at 09:44 PM.) Reason: typos :)
#15  
antp121's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2062
Posts: 6,027
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up YAY!

after much bitching and crying to VZW, the lady offered me an early upgrade. not much to be excited for bc my contract was up june 18 but this weekend... the rezound is 50$. ordered and on its way! i told her all my problems with the phone, she asked her supervisor if i could get a different replacement. after she said no, (never had a replacement before) i asked if i could get an early upgrade. she said she had to ask her supervisor and 15 mins later she said i could! i then asked of i could have a free rezound she said no but i decided to spring because, well, I HATE THIS PHONE !! should be here by Tuesday if all goes well AND... i have off this week so a LOT of time to tinker. 50 bucks for one of the best vzw phones NOT made by CRAPorola? sign me up anyday. i guess this is goodbye dx2 family thanks to all the great devs we have (DZK, Ace, Nitro) the modders (motcher, MoonShadow, skwoodwiva) the themers (hedwig ) and the all around good people in this forum (Ash, Litetaker, BreatheALittle) ill pop back in every once in a while just to see if moto shapes up Good Luck in all your endeavors and hope you all are able to move past this phone

PS: Breathe i hope you do get the Rezound, that way we can fight, i mean share our passion for hockey some more lol

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
LG G2(VS980)
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to antp121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
litetaker
Old
#16  
litetaker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 584
Posts: 1,586
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121 View Post
after much bitching and crying to VZW, the lady offered me an early upgrade. not much to be excited for bc my contract was up june 18 but this weekend... the rezound is 50$. ordered and on its way! i told her all my problems with the phone, she asked her supervisor if i could get a different replacement. after she said no, (never had a replacement before) i asked if i could get an early upgrade. she said she had to ask her supervisor and 15 mins later she said i could! i then asked of i could have a free rezound she said no but i decided to spring because, well, I HATE THIS PHONE !! should be here by Tuesday if all goes well AND... i have off this week so a LOT of time to tinker. 50 bucks for one of the best vzw phones NOT made by CRAPorola? sign me up anyday. i guess this is goodbye dx2 family thanks to all the great devs we have (DZK, Ace, Nitro) the modders (motcher, MoonShadow, skwoodwiva) the themers (hedwig ) and the all around good people in this forum (Ash, Litetaker, BreatheALittle) ill pop back in every once in a while just to see if moto shapes up Good Luck in all your endeavors and hope you all are able to move past this phone

PS: Breathe i hope you do get the Rezound, that way we can fight, i mean share our passion for hockey some more lol
Good for you mate! I couldn't have gotten an early upgrade as my upgrade is April next year! Will thank you tomorrow as I ran out of thanks for today!
=== <<< @ >>> ===
__________________________________
Thank me, if my post helped you, made you smile, laugh, LOL or ROFL!!!
_______________



Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to litetaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antp121
Old
#17  
antp121's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2062
Posts: 6,027
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
Good for you mate! I couldn't have gotten an early upgrade as my upgrade is April next year! Will thank you tomorrow as I ran out of thanks for today!
haha thanks man i guess ill see you around... i was planing on getting the dinc2 but she wouldnt give me one. so much for that l lol the rezound is a little thick for my liking but hey its got a hd screen, dual core, 4-****ing-G, gig o ram and to top it all off UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!! WOOT.

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
LG G2(VS980)
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB
 
ashclepdia
Old
#18  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1521
Posts: 4,383
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
UPDATE: My phone is being shipped! Overnight! But there is a god damn weekend in the middle, so I must wait till Monday!!! :/

Oh, CAN'T WAIT!!!

I picture MoonShadow-NM saying: "Patience, little grasshopper"!!!

By the way, all the time I was talking to the customer rep and then she said she can send me a different model device, my hand was shaking and I was giddy with excitement!!!
Dude I had the EXACT same feeling when the person I bought my nexus from told me they put it on eBay with buy it now at 350(I am doing a split payment on it, so he put the nexus on for 350buy it now and extended bat for 100 that I pay for next week) and after he told me I refreshed the page and it wasn't showing up at first I was like seriously if someone got it in that 15seconds since he notified me it was ready I would have flipped lol

But for the whole two hours I was conversing with the guy my adrenaline was flowing for sure lmfao


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
 
ashclepdia
Old
#19  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1521
Posts: 4,383
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
I was offered the Droid Incredible 2 as well, but sent it back. Rooting is complex, and S-Off? What is that? I read the sticky threads, and found out that you actually need to downgrade the phone to root it.

The phone is slow in comparison to the DX2, the stock launcher/homescreens are not customizable, no Bluetooth auto-answer, and I would not be able to tether it without paying another $30 for data that I am already grandfathered in for unlimited.

My phone was fine until I paired my Bluetooth headset, then all the issues started. I need a phone that can handle heavy Bluetooth usage and Bluetooth music listening.

I guess I will wait until August for my upgrade date.
The downgrade to root and s-off is a one time deal
Once u have s-off u root easily any build u want usually
That's how it was with my buddies incredible
It was actually a LOT easier than I expected it to be lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gaad0701
Old
#20  
gaad0701's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
UPDATE: My phone is being shipped! Overnight! But there is a god damn weekend in the middle, so I must wait till Monday!!! :/

Oh, CAN'T WAIT!!!

I picture MoonShadow-NM saying: "Patience, little grasshopper"!!!

By the way, all the time I was talking to the customer rep and then she said she can send me a different model device, my hand was shaking and I was giddy with excitement!!!
I will be doing this on Tuesday when my replacement comes. I think I was too nice to them when I yelled at them on Thursday.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
GAAD0701

Motorola OG Droid
Motorola Droid X2
Verizon Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes