5,600,725 Members 38,164 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

Tip us?

litetaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Hehe I am now replying from my newly acquired Droid incredible 2 as can be seen from the signature below...

Must get used to typing on a slightly smaller screen with a different keyboard. Will give detailed impressions later!!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA
======
Thank me, if my post helped you, made you smile, laugh, LOL or ROFL!!!

litetaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
Hehe I am now replying from my newly acquired Droid incredible 2 as can be seen from the signature below...

Must get used to typing on a slightly smaller screen with a different keyboard. Will give detailed impressions later!!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA
FFFFFFuuuu**k!! This phone booted up in literally 8-10 seconds!

Bows to HTC!
======

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
FFFFFFuuuu**k!! This phone booted up in literally 8-10 seconds!

Bows to HTC!
haha like it better then the x2 by any chance? lol btw, did you install any roms/kernals/recoverys/roots/etc?

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
Motorola RAZR M
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to antp121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pixelation
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Happy HappY Clap Clap
Congrats, and farewell

I warranty alternatived my X2 in June to the Inc 2(toooo small, and battery was poor) then called up one night after HTC/Verizon's push of 2.3.3 to the Inc2 and it removed the alarm clock from the phone, I was just calling for a simple fix, nothing more...LOL...REALLY
The PTA (tier 2 rep) said "how about a Droid Charge?", I said I'm sorry I cant afford a $299.99 upgrade right now, he said "No, for free" I accepted and the rep remarked my account so I could go to a store of my location to set up the LTE account, I did so, and at my VZW store they did the account and handed me a brand new Droid Charge, which I was amazed at.
The PTA did say, "well, you've been a customer since 2001, never missed a payment and we value that, to ensure our customers are happily satisfied!!!"

I thought the dude was drunk for sure, maybe a dinner conference and one to many drinks...IDK

But, after calling 3 more times about that phone I went back to the X2, 4G is wicked fast, but the phone didnt keep up, so after a back and a battery they sent me another X2. It's been 3 more replacements since that Charge to X2 transactions, I spent 2 hours a week ago pleading with them offering money for a Bionic over a Droid 3(which had been pulled from VZW after 3 months of sales) and the Inc 2 although snappy and nice, was just to small for me.... I'm getting up there in age and my eyes love the larger screens , so my next option in calling VZW back is def getting my Upgrade, not another Warranty Replacement Alternative... VZW says "We cannot replace a 3G device with 4G device, which is fu__ing BS, I then say "Look at my remarks around July, YOU and OR YOUR EMPLOYER VZW gave me one, so stop pissing me off with your "policies" LOL

Best of luck to ya man, enjoy your phone.

PS next time have them remark ur account that you are entitled to a replacment alternative and go to your VZW store then tell them ur account is remarked, they will give you the phone, and no mailing

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121 View Post
haha like it better then the x2 by any chance? lol btw, did you install any roms/kernals/recoverys/roots/etc?
Question, I take it your not a fan of Moto? Seems that way with your Avatar

DROID DOES.....
Apple DID, like I can't remember

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
Happy HappY Clap Clap
Congrats, and farewell

I warranty alternatived my X2 in June to the Inc 2(toooo small, and battery was poor) then called up one night after HTC/Verizon's push of 2.3.3 to the Inc2 and it removed the alarm clock from the phone, I was just calling for a simple fix, nothing more...LOL...REALLY
The PTA (tier 2 rep) said "how about a Droid Charge?", I said I'm sorry I cant afford a $299.99 upgrade right now, he said "No, for free" I accepted and the rep remarked my account so I could go to a store of my location to set up the LTE account, I did so, and at my VZW store they did the account and handed me a brand new Droid Charge, which I was amazed at.
The PTA did say, "well, you've been a customer since 2001, never missed a payment and we value that, to ensure our customers are happily satisfied!!!"

I thought the dude was drunk for sure, maybe a dinner conference and one to many drinks...IDK

But, after calling 3 more times about that phone I went back to the X2, 4G is wicked fast, but the phone didnt keep up, so after a back and a battery they sent me another X2. It's been 3 more replacements since that Charge to X2 transactions, I spent 2 hours a week ago pleading with them offering money for a Bionic over a Droid 3(which had been pulled from VZW after 3 months of sales) and the Inc 2 although snappy and nice, was just to small for me.... I'm getting up there in age and my eyes love the larger screens , so my next option in calling VZW back is def getting my Upgrade, not another Warranty Replacement Alternative... VZW says "We cannot replace a 3G device with 4G device, which is fu__ing BS, I then say "Look at my remarks around July, YOU and OR YOUR EMPLOYER VZW gave me one, so stop pissing me off with your "policies" LOL

Best of luck to ya man, enjoy your phone.

PS next time have them remark ur account that you are entitled to a replacment alternative and go to your VZW store then tell them ur account is remarked, they will give you the phone, and no mailing

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Question, I take it your not a fan of Moto? Seems that way with your Avatar
bahaha yeah when i get my reZound tomorrow ill record me smashing my dx2 against a wall

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
Motorola RAZR M
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antp121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BreatheALittle
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
bahaha yeah when i get my reZound tomorrow ill record me smashing my dx2 against a wall
Mine should be here either tomorrow or Thursday!! I ARE EXCITE!

Speaking of what to do with our old phones... I am going to sell my iPhone 4 and X2. I'm planning on putting them up in the Marketplace and eBay, but if you guys (or any friends/family/etc) may want either of them, please let me know. I'd much rather send them off to my first XDA family.

I'm going to be sad to leave this forum!

Jayydude_SGP
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheALittle View Post

Speaking of what to do with our old phones... I am going to sell my iPhone 4 and X2. I'm planning on putting them up in the Marketplace and eBay, but if you guys (or any friends/family/etc) may want either of them, please let me know. I'd much rather send them off to my first XDA family.

How much for the iPhone my friend?

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Premium App

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheALittle View Post

I've been reading up for like a week lol I'm pretty pumped

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
Motorola RAZR M
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB

litetaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Quote:
Aren't you supposed to return the Droid X2???

Oh noes! That is gonna cost you a LOT!!! but probably worth it!!!
======

Jayydude_SGP
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Well they're sending me a "REFURBISHED" Droid X2 I know it'll have prollems if not I'll find some so whemvthey replace that one I'll get a completely NEW phoneeee!!!!

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Premium App