Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 51,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle Fire 6.3 google play crashes

Tip us?
 
Firmwire
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Lightbulb [Q] Kindle Fire 6.3 google play crashes

Hello all.

I successfully rooted the kindle fire with Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.5.
I have also been able to install various apk files.
But the problem I am having is that I cannot get Google Play to successfully download an app.
I have been able to get it to install. and log in. I can even browse all the apps but as soon as I go to download/install it crashes.
I can recover by clearing the apps cache etc, but the initial problem still occurs.
I have searched and have not been able to find a solution.
Some have mentioned flashing the lastest gapps. I am not entirely sure how to do that but I was able to download the zip file and locate the apk files with in it.
Still didn't help, but there is probably something else I need to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I noticed several other people a having similar issue so I know it is a valid problem.

Thanks in advance.
 
Firmwire
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmwire View Post
Hello all.

I successfully rooted the kindle fire with Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.5.
I have also been able to install various apk files.
But the problem I am having is that I cannot get Google Play to successfully download an app.
I have been able to get it to install. and log in. I can even browse all the apps but as soon as I go to download/install it crashes.
I can recover by clearing the apps cache etc, but the initial problem still occurs.
I have searched and have not been able to find a solution.
Some have mentioned flashing the lastest gapps. I am not entirely sure how to do that but I was able to download the zip file and locate the apk files with in it.
Still didn't help, but there is probably something else I need to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I noticed several other people a having similar issue so I know it is a valid problem.

Thanks in advance.
Fixed. I wasn't copying the files with read/write permissions. Once I figured that out it works like a champ!
 
arges86
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2012
just out of curiosity, what did you do to flash the latest google apps?
 
x ll DetoX ll x
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Question Help please!!!!

Umm if you could please help, I had the same issue that you had only I don't understand the read/write permissions? What is that? Just so you know I am a n00b and today I got a kindle fire, didn't like it so decided to root it.
 
shyamjptpm
Old
#5  
shyamjptpm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 191
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by x ll DetoX ll x View Post
Umm if you could please help, I had the same issue that you had only I don't understand the read/write permissions? What is that? Just so you know I am a n00b and today I got a kindle fire, didn't like it so decided to root it.
goto the cwm
advanced>> fix permission
select app and fix the permission for read and write
click thanks if it helps..
xperian8->welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to shyamjptpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CJ456
Old
(Last edited by CJ456; 11th April 2012 at 06:39 PM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Question what is "cwm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamjptpm View Post
goto the cwm
advanced>> fix permission
select app and fix the permission for read and write
could you be a bit more detailed please, as I don't know what is the "cwm", and I have been having this issue for a while now.
I have tried using the Kindle fire utility and allow the read-write permissions, but it hasn't seemed to work
 
rubenusf
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
How do you get into the clockwork mod? i've installed it from the kindle fire utility but not sure how to access it. Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more