Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]Beats Audio for all apps

Tip us?

kkeller87
Old
Thanks Meter 17
So, before I flash I just wanted to ask this question. People seem to be confused with it being on or off. Does it not show the little 'b' in the notification bar? Even with the stock app?

And forgive me if I'm asking a silly question. What is " A/Bd" from the OP?

lucas.scott
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 231
It will with the stock app still , but nowhere else .
Twitter: @_lukasskott_
Instagram: _lukasskott_

LexusBrian400
Old
Thanks Meter 140
I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..
Beesley on IRC

Follow me on Twitter - TheRealBeesley

stoffelck
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.scott View Post
I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever

Take care guys .
First off dude, I like the cut of your gib. Flash it bash it whatever. Love it.

I flashed it. Awesome. Clutch got all up in my ears loud and clear over BT. Made a huge difference.
Thanks for posting this dude. Righteous find.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stoffelck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucas.scott
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusBrian400 View Post
I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..
Yeah man let me know. it tested fine on my nexus Running the newest bamf paragim rom.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

lucas.scott
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffelck View Post
First off dude, I like the cut of your gib. Flash it bash it whatever. Love it.

I flashed it. Awesome. Clutch got all up in my ears loud and clear over BT. Made a huge difference.
Thanks for posting this dude. Righteous find.
Haha yeah you never know how people will react around here

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas.scott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

It IS Lupus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So I rooted shortly after getting this phone and haven't really used the stock music app. Is there an audible difference?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

derickmc
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Does this work with Pandora is it it just for music apps that read from storage?

Current Device(s):
HTC Rezound (Unlocked, S-OFF, Perm Root)
ROM: RezRom S4 v2.5 (Android 4.0.4, Sense 4.0)
Recovery: Amon-Ra v3.15

Backup Device:
Motorola Droid 2 Global (Stock)

Retired Device(s):
HTC Droid Incredible 2
HTC Droid Incredible
Blackberry Storm (Worst phone EVER!)
Samsung Alias

There's the Thanks Button. USE IT --------->

dyetheskin
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickmc View Post
Does this work with Pandora is it it just for music apps that read from storage?

have you read the thread title? it's for all

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!
"Takes A Freak To Please A Freak"

derickmc
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetheskin View Post
have you read the thread title? it's for all

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!
Yes but the following description and comments suggested otherwise... Was just wondering if anyone had confirmed that it works with internet radio....

Current Device(s):
HTC Rezound (Unlocked, S-OFF, Perm Root)
ROM: RezRom S4 v2.5 (Android 4.0.4, Sense 4.0)
Recovery: Amon-Ra v3.15

Backup Device:
Motorola Droid 2 Global (Stock)

Retired Device(s):
HTC Droid Incredible 2
HTC Droid Incredible
Blackberry Storm (Worst phone EVER!)
Samsung Alias

There's the Thanks Button. USE IT --------->