FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[MOD]Beats Audio for all apps

1,122 posts
Thanks Meter: 244
 
By lucas.scott, Senior Member on 7th April 2012, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th April 2012, 05:00 AM |#21  
kkeller87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester, MN
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
So, before I flash I just wanted to ask this question. People seem to be confused with it being on or off. Does it not show the little 'b' in the notification bar? Even with the stock app?

And forgive me if I'm asking a silly question. What is " A/Bd" from the OP?
 
 
8th April 2012, 06:13 AM |#22  
lucas.scott's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
It will with the stock app still , but nowhere else .
8th April 2012, 06:19 AM |#23  
LexusBrian400's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..
8th April 2012, 12:52 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.scott

I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever

Take care guys .

First off dude, I like the cut of your gib. Flash it bash it whatever. Love it.

I flashed it. Awesome. Clutch got all up in my ears loud and clear over BT. Made a huge difference.
Thanks for posting this dude. Righteous find.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stoffelck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 04:03 PM |#25  
lucas.scott's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusBrian400

I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..

Yeah man let me know. it tested fine on my nexus Running the newest bamf paragim rom.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
8th April 2012, 04:04 PM |#26  
lucas.scott's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffelck

First off dude, I like the cut of your gib. Flash it bash it whatever. Love it.

I flashed it. Awesome. Clutch got all up in my ears loud and clear over BT. Made a huge difference.
Thanks for posting this dude. Righteous find.

Haha yeah you never know how people will react around here

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lucas.scott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 06:14 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
So I rooted shortly after getting this phone and haven't really used the stock music app. Is there an audible difference?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
8th April 2012, 07:37 PM |#28  
derickmc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Does this work with Pandora is it it just for music apps that read from storage?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
8th April 2012, 07:41 PM |#29  
dyetheskin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag bensalem, pa
Thanks Meter: 229
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickmc

Does this work with Pandora is it it just for music apps that read from storage?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

have you read the thread title? it's for all

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!
8th April 2012, 07:42 PM |#30  
derickmc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetheskin

have you read the thread title? it's for all

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!

Yes but the following description and comments suggested otherwise... Was just wondering if anyone had confirmed that it works with internet radio....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
8th April 2012, 07:43 PM |#31  
lucas.scott's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
It should add the effect to all audio that passes through the headphone jack. My testing did not include pandora, but when I was A/Bing between stock and Google Music... The Google Music was being streamed so I don't see why pandora would be different.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lucas.scott For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes