DEV ONLY - NAND access + Full Unlock for Lumia 710 & 800

Tip us?

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKringel View Post
Are you sure about that? I guess that this code is stored on a diffrent partition… If ist stored on the NAND it would mean that flashing a ROM using NCS or some other "official" Tools does something else than copying it to the NAND like we do...
Maybe a silly question but where else would you store it?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

X3n0n
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Maybe in one of the eight other partitions ?

Given that for now, we just apply the file to the ninth partition.
Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow
Nokia Lumia 800 Black
HP Pré 3 - webOS 2.2
HTC Touch HD BlackStone T8282 | Topix 2.5 Blue | Radio 1.13.25.24
HTC Touch Elf P3450 | ROM Onyx 4.2

biktor_gj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKringel View Post
No, there is currently no way to flash the bootloader used in order to gain Qualcomm mode.

Are you sure about that? I guess that this code is stored on a diffrent partition… If ist stored on the NAND it would mean that flashing a ROM using NCS or some other "official" Tools does something else than copying it to the NAND like we do...
I think the problem with Windows Live is in fact the Interop Unlock. It happens on both Lumia 710 and 800. I think the issue is with these keys:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=dword:0
"PortalUrlInit"=dword:0
If it can't register the device with microsoft, two things happen:
1. They can't remove your interop unlock
2. They can't get your device registered, so you can't link your WL ID to it without calling them.

I can't confirm it since I don't have access to any other Windows Phone. Can anyone check if I'm wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to biktor_gj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0n View Post
Maybe in one of the eight other partitions ?

Given that for now, we just apply the file to the ninth partition.
Oops, I thought NAND was actually all partitions together and not one specific partition
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

pdukanac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This was issue with htc hd2, thats what i remember

imo ChrisKringel is right, since first hd2 roms were not interop/full unlocked, i even had to do chewron unlock myself and yet that activation key was needed.

real problem is that key is unique per device and that brings me back to ChrisKringel assumptions
HD2 Leo | Android ICS
Iphone 5 32GB
Nokia Lumia 800 Black
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Bph&co
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by biktor_gj View Post
UPDATE:

Now time to play with bootloaders and try to get this to work for everyone!
Hi,

Ok, after talking about the weater and my underwear, i can post here.

First, great work and great find !

I read the whole thread and it seems the first loader at 0x04500000 is not
checked runtime for a correct signature. This can only explain being stored in
the second partition without matching certificate.

I know it is risky, but can you maybe modify a string inside, to see if the phone
will boot ? There is a recovery procedure in the Nokia bootloader, to restore
via command from some backup location if there is a problem, not sure if the
Qcom loader has this.

Also can you dump the actual bootrom of the chip (the one that calls the osbl
loader) ? Via custom app, or modding a dll, etc ?

BR
The Following User Says Thank You to Bph&co For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

voluptuary
Old
(Last edited by voluptuary; 14th April 2012 at 09:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Ok, the reason people are having issue with the Product Activation Key is because normally when you FLASH a firmware the key is pulled on the first boot from where it is stored on another part of the phone. When you simply copy over the NAND with new data and don't do a normal flash this first boot process never happens and as such your phones key is never entered into registry. This is also why people are having other issues, the first boot process does some important stuff. We need to figure out how to trigger this process manually.

The interop registry keys have nothing to do with the Product Activation Key the registry value for that is as follows:

Code:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\GwpCPC]
  "ActivationCode"="*****-*****-*****-*****-*****"

On another note I got my hands on two new direct from Nokia Lumia 800's (unlocked/unbranded) both HW version 2.3 both with firmware 11451 and both with Nokia DLOAD. Some things I noticed that are different about these two from my original Qualcomm bootloader Lumia is that on the lable on the outside of the box where the IMEI number and such info is my original Qualcomm says "Nokia World 2011" in the upper right part of the lable where as the other two don't, also the UPC is different 6 438158 405332 for the unlocked one and 6 438158 373808 for the two locked ones. Another thing is they have different 'MATERIAL' numbers as well the unlocked one is 002Z570 where as the locked ones are both 002X5P9. Digging deeper the IMEI for the unlocked one is of series 359289040XXXXXX and the locked ones are of series 359289047XXXXXX. Physically on the unlocked phone the 'Windows' button has a slightly larger gap between the four parts of the flag than the other two, we are talking very small difference here but enough that I can notice it.

So for anyone looking at a store or something keep these things in mind when you try to buy one. Also this is all for the Euro 801's not the US versions. Also if anyone is interested I would like to trade one of my DLOAD Lumia's for a Rogers Lumia 900, I'll make a thread in the marketplace for that though.
My contributions:
Clean ROM for Samsung Focus v1.3, Nokia Lumia 800, and HTC HD2
Samsung Interop Unlock & Internet Sharing All-In-One for Windows Phone
Samsung Custom Theme & Accent Colors for Windows Phone
List of Windows Phone Unlocks by Type/OEM

Allstars that donated: RonV42, dark.angel

CURRENT DEVICES: HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Apple iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 920

Get a FREE 2GB Dropbox account plus we'll get a bonus 500MB!
The Following User Says Thank You to voluptuary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tan-Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
how to unlock bootloader ?

voluptuary
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan-Killer View Post
how to unlock bootloader ?
You can't. It either is or it isn't. Realy if you would have read just a little bit before you posted you would have found that out.
My contributions:
Clean ROM for Samsung Focus v1.3, Nokia Lumia 800, and HTC HD2
Samsung Interop Unlock & Internet Sharing All-In-One for Windows Phone
Samsung Custom Theme & Accent Colors for Windows Phone
List of Windows Phone Unlocks by Type/OEM

Allstars that donated: RonV42, dark.angel

CURRENT DEVICES: HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Apple iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 920

Get a FREE 2GB Dropbox account plus we'll get a bonus 500MB!

brummiesteven
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I *think* I have a unique problem, have scanned through these pages and not found anyone else post anything similar...

I have a launch Black Lumia 800 (November 2011) so I assume it has the unlocked bootloader however there doesn't seem to be a way to check.

I've tried the following

Hold VOLUP + VOLDOWN and connect the USB cable at the same time, screen goes black and Windows indicates a device plugged in with the standard sound... Nothing shows up in Device Manager however. After about 10s the device disconnects and the Lumia proceeds to boot as normal.

VOLUP + POWER Device boots as normal

VOLUP + VOLDOWN + POWER Device boots as normal.

Any ideas?
Devices: HTC Charmer (Sold), HTC Touch Diamond (Broken), HTC G1(Sold), HTC Desire (Sold), HTC HD7 (Broken), Samsung Omnia 7, Nokia Lumia 800

OS's Used: Symbain Series 60, WM6.5, iOS, Android 1.1-2.2, Windows Phone 7

Computer Science Student at the University of Birmingham.

Tags
android, bootloader, full unlock, interopunlock, nand