Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DEV ONLY - NAND access + Full Unlock for Lumia 710 & 800

Tip us?

jessenic
Old
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME

QPST works with my Samsung Omnia 7, just need to change USB mode to DIAG in the Samsung Diagnostics app. I've read that older Nokia ROMs have also USB mode change in nokia diag app, maybe worth a try if you have nokia DLOAD?
Current devices:
Samsung ATIV S GT-i8750 - Interop unlocked
Samsung Omnia 7 GT-i8700 - Full unlocked custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 - CyanogenMod
Microsoft Surface RT with Windows RT 8.1

Past devices: Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3510i > Nokia 7250 > Nokia N81

biktor_gj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenic View Post

QPST works with my Samsung Omnia 7, just need to change USB mode to DIAG in the Samsung Diagnostics app. I've read that older Nokia ROMs have also USB mode change in nokia diag app, maybe worth a try if you have nokia DLOAD?
You can do it by downgrading the firmware on the lumia to something old enough to have Diagnostics App 1.0.0. Then in Diagnostics, go to Settings, and choose serial USB mode. Reboot the phone, and QPST mode will be active. What I'm not finding is compatible drivers...

Any help out there?

revxx14
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Very awesome, sad to see it won't work for the Lumia 900, but I suppose that's just a matter of time. Since it's the flagship Windows Phone devices, people are bound to be working on it.
Phone: Nokia Lumia 920, Cyan, Windows Phone 8.0.70211.04, Developer Unlocked
Tablet: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT, 32GB (64GB MicroSD) with cyan Touch Cover

xorizont
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Try changind mode to serial. Reboot. Turn off your phone and insert usb. Let it turn on. While turning on drivers may be installed. Also let windows to search for drivers in the web.

Changing usb mode to serial may be a solution for flashing the osbl file I provided. Because I couldn't flash my lumia until change mode.

I have latest firmware in diagnostic-setting-usb mode I can change to serial and back to zune

xsacha
Old
Thanks Meter 199
I'm trying to reverse-engineer the .cert format. So far I've got a few of the variables.
I can definitely confirm that the qualcomm .cert is correct, it just doesn't like the Lumia 800s.
Trying to find out why
Nokia 2600 (2004) -> Samsung i780 (2007) -> Nokia 5800 (2008) -> Nokia N8 (2010) -> Nokia C7 (2011) -> Nokia E7 (2011) -> Nokia X7 (2011) -> Nokia E6 (2011) -> Nokia N9 + Asus TF101 (2011) -> Nokia Lumia 800 + Asus TF201 (2012) -> Nokia 808 + Blackberry Playbook (2012) -> Blackberry Q10 (2013) -> Sony Xperia Z2 Phone + Tablet (2014)
Dev blog: http://www.qtness.com/blog/

ombadboy
Old
(Last edited by ombadboy; 15th April 2012 at 01:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Going over the Nokia slides, and found something interesting here..

"Install the QSPT driver to identify the phone is in DLOAD mode. After that you can flash your phone with QPST and vdsemmctool in DLOAD mode.."

Now am not quite sure if they are talking about NOKIA DLOAD or some sort of mode in the Qualcomm bootloader, but if we get ahold of those drivers somehow, then this could be the way to flash the 'locked' bootloaders with something we want..

edit: actually ignore this post, complete bs from my part
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oVNU8.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1005028  

xorizont
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
I'm trying to reverse-engineer the .cert format. So far I've got a few of the variables.
I can definitely confirm that the qualcomm .cert is correct, it just doesn't like the Lumia 800s.
Trying to find out why

So, that means that this cert file can help to open Qualcomm mode in other lumia phones?

Giblet-dono
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
This to be honest is unlikely, Nokia DLOAD talks with NCS, which requires signed certificates with each file that is sent to the device.

I had this about an hour ago, you will either need to wait for the battery to go flat, or open the device and disconnect the battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biktor_gj View Post
Try first ten seconds power, then release, the hold volume up and power. If you flashed the file in partition 9 your bootloader is fine. Either it just got stucked or run out of battery (happened to me). If the last is the case, hold volume up, plug usb and then hold power...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
With a Lumia 800 getting to the battery proves to be hard
And it doesnt drain that fast when the screen is off 100% of the time..
So Im letting it sit till I'm sure it's empty/off..

Thanks for your responses, I'm going to try them both!
HTC One (M8)
S-OFF | ViperOneM8 1.8.0 | ElementalX 0.19 | TWRP 2.7.0.4

HTC Jetstream
S-OFF | El-Diablo 1.2 | El-Diablo | TWRP 2.4.1.0

My Other Devices
HTC One X | HTC Sensation | HTC HD2 | HTC One S | HTC One (M7)
Sony Xperia S | Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Nokia Lumia 800

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1020

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblet-dono View Post
With a Lumia 800 getting to the battery proves to be hard
And it doesnt drain that fast when the screen is off 100% of the time..
So Im letting it sit till I'm sure it's empty/off..

Thanks for your responses, I'm going to try them both!
yes, the battery is a bit more difficult to get to, but it could take days for the battery to drain

Ricehead
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'd just like to congratulate everyone who contributed to this exploit on how far you have come for the Locked bootloaders, The tension of how close you are to getting an unlocked bootloader is unbearable, I have a locked bootloader, I too used NCS, but if you need me too try and flash anything to my phone i'd be more than happy too.

but hey, Maybe someone knows someone on the inside at nokia that can tell us the secret to these certificates and the signing.

GOOD LUCK
[Nokia Lumia 800 - Black] Mango 7.5 Locked BootLoader

[HTC One X - White] Android Revolution HD

[Samsung Smart Pc Pro XE700T1C] Dual booting Android and Windows 8.1

[Sony Xperia SP] Existenz 3.3.0 - currently malfunctioning

Used to be a hardcore gamer, Now just a casual teenage tech nut.

Tags
android, bootloader, full unlock, interopunlock, nand