Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 42,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DEV ONLY - NAND access + Full Unlock for Lumia 710 & 800

Tip us?
 
emdzej
Old
#501  
emdzej's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 118
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lodz
Could anyone with qualcomm mass storage working post windows driver details (.inf name, .sys files names etc)?
MJ | Nexus 4; HTC One S; Nexus S; Lumia 820; iPhone 5
 
biktor_gj
Old
#502  
biktor_gj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 665
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdzej View Post
Could anyone with qualcomm mass storage working post windows driver details (.inf name, .sys files names etc)?
Well, there's not much to say about that, Windows simply detects it like any other pendrive you could have. It uses generic drivers, nothing particular about qualcomm...

Btw, and just to keep you informed, I already PM'd Cotulla, as suggested by Ceesheim & warriorvibhu. I suppose if he's interested, he'll come here

Now back to work!
 
ombadboy
Old
#503  
ombadboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 131
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
I was wondering, is Qualcomm Diagnostics Mode still in there or has it been removed with updating the bootloader to NOKIA DLOAD. I was trying to compare how QDM can be accessed in other phones (i.e. LG) and see if I can achieve the same on the Lumias..
 
_Madmatt
Old
#504  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 800
Join Date: Jul 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
I was wondering, is Qualcomm Diagnostics Mode still in there or has it been removed with updating the bootloader to NOKIA DLOAD. I was trying to compare how QDM can be accessed in other phones (i.e. LG) and see if I can achieve the same on the Lumias..
How do you enter Qualcomm mode on the LG's? Have you tried using the same method?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)
 
suzughia
Old
#505  
suzughia's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 62
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Madmatt View Post
How do you enter Qualcomm mode on the LG's? Have you tried using the same method?
The method used by LG phones is VOL + (or VOL - I can't rember now) plus Power, you could easilly image that on Nokia Locked bootloader this lead us to our beloved "NOKIA DLOAD", so is a no-way as the qualcomm bootloader is gone.
 
_Madmatt
Old
#506  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 800
Join Date: Jul 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
The method used by LG phones is VOL + (or VOL - I can't rember now) plus Power, you could easilly image that on Nokia Locked bootloader this lead us to our beloved "NOKIA DLOAD", so is a no-way as the qualcomm bootloader is gone.
Maybe another key combination leads to Qualcomm mode? There are only 4 buttons on the device, is there maybe a combination we didn't try? Or is Qualcomm completely gone on the locked ones?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)
 
ombadboy
Old
#507  
ombadboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 131
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
The method used by LG phones is VOL + (or VOL - I can't rember now) plus Power, you could easilly image that on Nokia Locked bootloader this lead us to our beloved "NOKIA DLOAD", so is a no-way as the qualcomm bootloader is gone.
Indeed.. But there must be a way to access the NAND somehow since Nokia Engineers will need that. Now whether this is a different key combination, or a specialized set of drivers.. I think the latter, but am looking into other combinations that could be used (i.e. other qualcomm powered devices) that might enter QDM
 
suzughia
Old
#508  
suzughia's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 62
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Madmatt View Post
Maybe another key combination leads to Qualcomm mode? There are only 4 buttons on the device, is there maybe a combination we didn't try? Or is Qualcomm completely gone on the locked ones?
all you need to know is in Nokia.WIndows.Phone.Test.Introduction: Here

and qualcomm is gone, is used NOKIA DLOAD - that is the equivalent to Qualcomm download mode but nokia one and locked -.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
Indeed.. But there must be a way to access the NAND somehow since Nokia Engineers will need that. Now whether this is a different key combination, or a specialized set of drivers.. I think the latter, but am looking into other combinations that could be used (i.e. other qualcomm powered devices) that might enter QDM
Seems to me that nokia can achieve the same results of qualcomm bootloader but with software trigger and protocol - take for example RevSkills as example of what one can do if is permitted to do so.
 
ombadboy
Old
#509  
ombadboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 131
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
Hmmm interesting.. So using QPST USB Drivers won't help at all.. Maybe a Nokia corresponding would do the trick, which of course we can't grab..
 
jessenic
Old
#510  
jessenic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 445
Join Date: Sep 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
Hmmm interesting.. So using QPST USB Drivers won't help at all.. Maybe a Nokia corresponding would do the trick, which of course we can't grab..
Are you trying in Nokia DLOAD or in the USB diag mode?
Current devices:
Samsung ATIV S GT-i8750 - Interop unlocked
Samsung Omnia 7 GT-i8700 - Full unlocked custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 - CyanogenMod
Microsoft Surface RT with Windows RT 8.1

Past devices: Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3510i > Nokia 7250 > Nokia N81

Tags
android, bootloader, full unlock, interopunlock, nand
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes