OP gaston8

7th April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hi guys,

Before I get started, I read all posts about low storage issues, none of them gave a solution to my problem. I've also read a lot of forums (either spanish or english) and many people have this problem, with indeed no solution yet

Two days ago I installed AirDroid (a friend of mine suggested me to) to check from my desktop pc my cellphone. Today, I opened it again and saw that my system memory had 1,1Gb free. I logged off and started listening to music. 30 minutes later, my internal memory dropped to only 110Mb free, and I hadn't downloaded anything. I double checked from AirDroid and my memory was low, no idea how

I'm on a Defy, CM7, Gingerbread 2.3.4

Help is much appreciated! As you may have noticed, I'm as dumb as wood regarding this, hehe

P.S. Sorry if this lacks of information, or it's even in the wrong place! Just ask and I'll give you as much details as possible
9th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

3 posts
More
Well, now to proove myself that it's a Defy error, I made the summary of Mb used by the apps in the internal memory -> they just use 120Mb! It's impossible that it has reached 1.1Gb

Can someone help me?
10th April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag CBA
Thanks Meter: 9

3 posts
Recently I had a similar problem with my defy. I installed the app DiskUsage and found out that the problem was in the folder /data/tombstones where android saves the crash logs, I had a file there that was taking over 700 MB. I removed the folder (it's safe to do so) using rootexplorer and everything went back to normal..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to staarbreaker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

3 posts
More
The Thanks button is not nearly enough to thank you. I had the same problem, a tombstone file was taking 1.1Gb!. Deleted the folder, and memory went back to normal values

Again, thank you
11th April 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 39

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by staarbreaker

Recently I had a similar problem with my defy. I installed the app DiskUsage and found out that the problem was in the folder /data/tombstones where android saves the crash logs, I had a file there that was taking over 700 MB. I removed the folder (it's safe to do so) using rootexplorer and everything went back to normal..

Thanks for sharing this wonderful App.

This is same as we have Windows .... Space Sniffer.

This what I was looking for Thanks Again!!
12th April 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 286

560 posts
More
Quote:

Did you know what 's generate this
"Huge" problem?
Because I met it on minui and cm7

Sent from my MB525 using XDA
Last edited by vaserbanix; 12th April 2012 at 08:57 AM.
12th April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag CBA
Thanks Meter: 9

3 posts
hbexpar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaserbanix

Did you know what 's generate this
"Huge" problem?
Because I met it on minui and cm7

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

I've absolutely no idea of what caused it, it happened to me just once, and the phone was running normally when it happened

I am using wiui stable btw..
The Following User Says Thank You to staarbreaker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #8  
Flag Lorient
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Same problem for me (CM7.2-Maniac builds) resolved by removing the files (~600MB) into /data/tombstones!
I was near to wipe data/factory reset

Thank you !
Last edited by rhum 1; 13th April 2012 at 10:50 AM.
25th April 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 12

66 posts
More
Hey guys. How do I delete my tombstones? The disk usage app gives me an error when I try to delete them... It reports my tombstones folder to be 850mb, but when I go to the data folder in file manager, it's empty. Do I need another app or something to get access?

thanks heaps

nvm, ES File Explorer did the job...
Last edited by lobie81; 25th April 2012 at 02:51 PM.
3rd June 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #10  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 58

126 posts
More
Thanks i also had this issue on my Defy with cm7.2rc2.
Now i have uppdated to rc3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread