BOOT MANAGER FOR RAZR, and everything you need to know about it!

Search This thread

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
It's not that complicated. Just install it and start the app. Then you will understand.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
It's not that complicated. Just install it and start the app. Then you will understand.

Sorry for the thread hijack but since your kindly helping me here. I have installed BootMenu Manager and get the message:
Code:
Not Enough Free Space
Please clean/preinstall partition

:eek: No idea how/where to do that and without borking my current setup? I'm looking in the BootMenu Manager - Menu options and find nothing. :confused:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Unfortunately it was not only real complicated, it proved impossible and dangerous in my case:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1897012

:mad:

Yes, it was because you didn't read the Faq where all important question are answered. It would have been better if you had asked someone before you did anything. The mistake was your didn't uninstall safestrap. You just had to open the safestrap app, then you would have seen the "uninstall recovery" button. ;)

twousertwo

Nov 5, 2010
Custom WP7/WP7.5/WP7.8/WP8 ROM for Droid RAZR GSM/CDMA?

Hi and thanks for your great work!

Do you know about any dev here that could be developing a windows phone rom for our beloved RAZR?

Would be great if this phone could live as long as HD2, and boot more than one OS in custom roms!

Keep up your excelent work!

Cheers,

Proud owner of HD2 running custom wp7.8 and android ICS 4.0.3 ROMS and rooted RAZR on stock ICS 4.0.4

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Fighting with all the Bootmenu limitations. Can't store enough data/apps back to 2nd ROM. Only allows for ONE 2nd ROM as far as I can figure it out. Much harder learning curve.

Oh how I wish that this original Boot Manager that work so great on my Droid X (In fact I had 7 slot Roms at once with my 32GB SD...) worked with the latest ICS on the Razr/Razr Maxx. :(

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
OnePlus 8
Hey there guys, any working way to multi ROM on an Unlocked & Rooted RazrHD (XT925 Int'l version)?

Cheers

Sent from my RazrHD, CM11, KKBL, Latest nightly, ART, F2FS /data

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The porting to RAZR was by gflam of the init2winit team. Not me. I'm just a beta tester. The XDA portal lied.
    xpr92.png

WARNING:
    YOU MUST BE ON A 2ND-INIT ROM TO RUN BOOT MANAGER. AFTERWARDS YOU CAN INSTALL NON-2ND-INIT ROMS ONTO YOUR SD.

What is Boot Manager?
    Think safestrap on crack. We now have UNLIMITED SD ROMs. We have a beautiful UI, with a nearly completely fail-safe system implemented. As long as your ROMs have the same kernel and radio...you're good! And as long as you have enough free SD space... you're good! Boot Manager can automatically sync your SMS and your call logs as well.

What's the difference between Lite and Pro?
    Lite only lets you install one extra ROM alongside your Phone ROM. Pro has unlimited as long as they all fit on your SD.

Where can I get it though?
    PRO: https://play.google....rx2.bootmanager
    LITE: https://play.google....ootmanager.lite

I need GAPPS in my ROM, but when I install them in Boot Manager it doesn't work!
    If the normal ones don't work, there's modified ones that are known to work. Try the normal ones first, though.
    For the modified ones check here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...manager-galaxy-nexus-support.html#post1991955

What if I mess up my install?
    Along with Boot Manager comes a failsafe - you have CWM on boot. If for any reason you cannot boot into your current ROM, hold down + PWR to turn your phone off, then turn it back on, and install zip from SD. Navigate to SDCARD/BootManager and there you'll find a folder for each of your ROMs, including your phone ROM. To switch to one that works, simply go into the folder and install update.zip.

What if my Safe System is a 2nd-init ROM?
    Go back to your non-safe and uninstall Safestrap. Boot Manager and Safestrap are incompatible. The app won't open while you have it. You can take a nandroid and install it in Boot Manager and get all of your apps and data back, though. You need a 2nd-init ROM on your non-safe.

Do all ROMs work?
    We tested them all and the only one that doesn't is RAZRX v1.2. Previous versions work fine, though.

I have another question...
    Post and I'll help you out!
    perhaps you are on stock rom actually, right? You have to flash a 2nd-init-Rom (like CM9, AOKP) first before you will be able to use Boot Manager. And then it is not sure that Boot Manager will run correctly on GSM Razr.

EDIT:

Boot Manager runs well on GSM-Razr!!!

If you want to use your Stock Rom beside the Custom Rom, just make a Nandroid backup first. When finished, move the backup folder from ext. SD-Card into your INTERNAL storage. Then follow the steps bellow until step 4. Now click on "Install zip" ---> "restore Nandroid" and choose your backup. Wait until it's finished, done! :D

1. Flash a 2nd-init-Rom like CM9, AOKP, AXIOM, Gummy, Black Widow
    2. Install Boot Manager
    3. Go to "Phone Rom" --> "Setup Phone"
    4. Click on "Tab Rom 1" ---> "Install Zip"
    5. Choose your Rom to install and wait (takes about 20 minutes)
    6. Only if needed: Click on "Install zip" again and choose "Gapps" to install it, same for the GSM-Patch!
    7. Boot into Rom, done! :)
    8. After reboot into the new Rom, you have to install Boot Manager again (from Store).
    9. Now you can switch between your installed Roms :)

P.S. If you like Boot Manager, please support the Devs and get Pro-Version!

But there is one Problem: I restored my Stock-Rom to tab "Rom 1". But the data is gone and I cannot download anything from store, it says that there is no available memory, but there are 2GB free space on storage. And after every reboot into this Rom all Data is deleted, that means when I set up my Google-account, for example, after next reboot I have to set it up again.
    The option resize img's doesn't help. So how can I get my full nandroid backup with all data to this slot? And how to get some free memory on it?

This Problem as regards to Stock Rom! With any Custom Rom there will be NO problem!

Another question: Why I cannot install zips from external SD?
    conap I believe is looking into the GSM issues right now. So sit tight.
    Just give a five star on g..p.

Great app

This would probably became huge if implemented kholk's bootload bypass in a near future. Do you consider this idea TSON?

Plus five stars for this in!

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Edit: why this is in general section?

(because nobody reads the apps section)
    & yeah im sure once [mbm] & kholk release kexec conap&gflam will update it for it.
    Those are basically the same steps im taking.
    Is there any difference in steps or installation files?

The files you used are for CDMA-Razr. This won't work on GMS-Razr. The steps to install are the same.