More

Sent from a phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #1932  
Thanks Meter: 52

1,243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

I think you are not setting system to r/w. That is what happens when the talk is not deleted. Delete talk, talk2 and the lib. Reboot. Confirm they are gone then flash the gtalk file.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

i did this with es file explorer, then then rebooted and the phone wouldn't go past the kernel splash, just went blank. i reflashed the rom, and gtalk now works. i reflashed the bloat apps too to get swype back, i tested it quickly and its getting to the calling part on wifi or 3g. couldn't bother my friend now to fully test it, but at least its getting much further than it did.
11th May 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #1933  
OP RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,977

28,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45

i did this with es file explorer, then then rebooted and the phone wouldn't go past the kernel splash, just went blank. i reflashed the rom, and gtalk now works. i reflashed the bloat apps too to get swype back, i tested it quickly and its getting to the calling part on wifi or 3g. couldn't bother my friend now to fully test it, but at least its getting much further than it did.

Yeah I think someone else had trouble with ES File explorer and this. It is like sometimes it does not truly delete something. Hope it works for you now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #1934  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
For those having lockup problems, I will add my experiences so far.

I installed TPR 2.2 BML essentially from scratch. I did Nandroid and Titanium backups first, but after installing the ROM (with the requisite wipes), I reinstalled all my apps from Google Play, from scratch - nothing restored from a backup. And I don't really have a lot installed on my phone.

I had battery-pull lockups right away with the stock Samurai kernel, mainly with Dolphin and Opera Mini browsers, but with other apps as well, even in screen transitions. And we're not talking 1 or 2, it was pretty aggravating. So I switched to the CleanGB kernel, and that was not better, possibly worse. It even locked up right after a phone call! All along, I was using Voltage Control with the recommended settings mentioned here for the kernels.

I just switched to the No-LED Samurai kernel to see how that will do. I am running Voltage Control with sio/intellidemand, 100MHz enabled, no overclocking. Battery life has been decent on WiFi, not too swell with non-WiFi, which has been the case all along with this phone, no matter what ROM I'm running.

I really like this ROM and want it to work, but I can't put up with too many more lockups. I sometimes wonder if it's too fast and the phone's hardware/circuitry simply can't keep up - if that's possible.

I think Kenny and Earthbound have created a fantastic ROM/kernel for our venerable Epic 4G, but perhaps my phone is simply not up to running it smoothly, for whatever reason. And that's a damn shame, in my opinion .
11th May 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #1935  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag S. FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 4,480

5,471 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondo77

I installed TPR 2.2 BML essentially from scratch. I did Nandroid and Titanium backups first, but after installing the ROM (with the requisite wipes), I reinstalled all my apps from Google Play, from scratch - nothing restored from a backup. And I don't really have a lot installed on my phone.

I had battery-pull lockups right away with the stock Samurai kernel, mainly with Dolphin and Opera Mini browsers, but with other apps as well, even in screen transitions. And we're not talking 1 or 2, it was pretty aggravating. So I switched to the CleanGB kernel, and that was not better, possibly worse. It even locked up right after a phone call! All along, I was using Voltage Control with the recommended settings mentioned here for the kernels.

I just switched to the No-LED Samurai kernel to see how that will do. I am running Voltage Control with sio/intellidemand, 100MHz enabled, no overclocking. Battery life has been decent on WiFi, not too swell with non-WiFi, which has been the case all along with this phone, no matter what ROM I'm running.

I really like this ROM and want it to work, but I can't put up with too many more lockups. I sometimes wonder if it's too fast and the phone's hardware/circuitry simply can't keep up - if that's possible.

I think Kenny and Earthbound have created a fantastic ROM/kernel for our venerable Epic 4G, but perhaps my phone is simply not up to running it smoothly, for whatever reason. And that's a damn shame, in my opinion .

This is another perfect example that all Epics or phones for that matter are different. 98% of the people are having incredible success with TPR but there's those 2% of devices which apparently do not like the changes. It really is a shame because this is by far the best TW product to grace my Epic.

Sent from a phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #1936  
Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 295

904 posts
My phone is the poste child for being thief one that doesn't like change. TPR 2.0 works 2.2 works but 2.1 I get very laggy video. BML it MTD
That's why I am running. 2.2
sent from my phone, cause I can
11th May 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #1937  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,811

8,467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086

My phone is the poste child for being thief one that doesn't like change. TPR 2.0 works 2.2 works but 2.1 I get very laggy video. BML it MTD
That's why I am running. 2.2
sent from my phone, cause I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfunkycold

This is another perfect example that all Epics or phones for that matter are different. 98% of the people are having incredible success with TPR but there's those 2% of devices which apparently do not like the changes. It really is a shame because this is by far the best TW product to grace my Epic.

Sent from a phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondo77

Everyone,

it is not about the ROM...you need to theme it man, like, really theme it ...NEON Style
11th May 2012, 01:07 PM   |  #1938  
Flag The Nati
Thanks Meter: 301

652 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict

Everyone,

it is not about the ROM...you need to theme it man, like, really theme it ...NEON Style

Quit teasing me dammit!

I climbed the 90!!
11th May 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #1939  
OP RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,977

28,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Those few having lockups, are you on BML? Have you in the past run the V6 Supercharger script? When you say you have tried a clean install, does that involve Odin in FC09 full tar with PIT file which will enable repartition, then odin in CWM 5.027 with reboot unchecked, remove cable, pop battery out and in, 3 finger to cwm and flash the ROM? Not restoring ANY data. Set up your account and download a few apps and try it? It is theoried that old data is causing the BML ROM to run out of memory. Perhaps you can check this with Memory Booster Lite. Some have had better success with V2.1 because it is FC19. I believe that files used by the Sprint Connections Optimizer interfere with V6 and also that BML wipes are not clearing out old V6 data.
11th May 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #1940  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,811

8,467 posts
More
Kenny...Flast....others...all concerned...

I am bored...rom rocks..happy with my theme...what next?

What happens when sprint pulls the plug on the network where this phone won't work anymore? (Galaxy S4 by then?)

Sent using FTL technology from the resurrection ship.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bml, fc09, mtd, rom, the people's bacon, the people's rom
Previous Thread Next Thread