I tried to flash the Gauge % Battery choosing the EQS no trasparent regular clock.
But each time I reboot the phone at start I got a notification saying: "System UI has crashed" (or stopped working or something similar) and I did have the EQS but not the MIUI battery bar.
I also had to wait 5-10 secs to have the notification bar loaded.
I reflashed Gauge% pure and it works fine!
However I'm afraid I'm getting FCs on SystemUI.apk as well. It happens every time an app pushes a message to the notification area. I've done a little bit of troubleshooting so thought I would share it, in case it's helpful.
1) Both the Honeycomb and HoolmHD mods, they both exhibit the same behaviour.
2) "Battery pure" and "battery with EQS" versions - only the versions with EQS cause any FC so far.
3) Transparent version with EQS and standard version with EQS - both cause FC.
I backed up my current setup and tried this on a clean install, still get the FCs. Steps to reproduce (at least on my phone):
1) Install ARHD 6.1.0 with superwipe and no mods. Boot once.
2) Install Battery/EQS mod (I tried the Honey version for testing after superwipe) and no other mods.
3) Boot again.
4) Disable backup/restore via Google account in Settings/Privacy so I could be sure nothing extra would get installed.
5) Signed in to Play Store and downloaded Adaway.
6) Downloaded hosts and applied - SystemUI FC'ed then restarted.
The MIUI battery bar isn't turned on. When I tried on my normal setup (i.e. non-wiped), I tried turning the battery bar on and off, it didn't seem to make any difference. Also cleared cache and dalvik-cache.
Note it's not just Adaway, a lot of apps that push messages to the notification bar also cause FC, including the Play Store, TB, etc. It only seems to be these messages that cause the FC - apps that keep Ongoing entries in the notification area (JD, Screebl) don't cause problems. Adaway is just the easiest way to trigger it, but it also happens when installing apps via Play Store.
Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can do any more testing or can provide any extra info. I'll repeat the superwipe test again later with some other versions of the mod, in case it's only a problem in some of the downloads. It's certainly weird that only some of us are having this problem.