Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] [Discontinued] Battery%-Mods, centered clock, MIUI-bar - Updated 6.1.13

Tip us?

preacher65
Old
Thanks Meter 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcal View Post
I tried to flash the Gauge % Battery choosing the EQS no trasparent regular clock.
But each time I reboot the phone at start I got a notification saying: "System UI has crashed" (or stopped working or something similar) and I did have the EQS but not the MIUI battery bar.
I also had to wait 5-10 secs to have the notification bar loaded.

I reflashed Gauge% pure and it works fine!
Hi Jotha, firstly I have only just started using these mods and wanted to say thanks for creating them (and thanks to j4n87 for EQS).

However I'm afraid I'm getting FCs on SystemUI.apk as well. It happens every time an app pushes a message to the notification area. I've done a little bit of troubleshooting so thought I would share it, in case it's helpful.

I've tried:
1) Both the Honeycomb and HoolmHD mods, they both exhibit the same behaviour.
2) "Battery pure" and "battery with EQS" versions - only the versions with EQS cause any FC so far.
3) Transparent version with EQS and standard version with EQS - both cause FC.

I backed up my current setup and tried this on a clean install, still get the FCs. Steps to reproduce (at least on my phone):
1) Install ARHD 6.1.0 with superwipe and no mods. Boot once.
2) Install Battery/EQS mod (I tried the Honey version for testing after superwipe) and no other mods.
3) Boot again.
4) Disable backup/restore via Google account in Settings/Privacy so I could be sure nothing extra would get installed.
5) Signed in to Play Store and downloaded Adaway.
6) Downloaded hosts and applied - SystemUI FC'ed then restarted.

The MIUI battery bar isn't turned on. When I tried on my normal setup (i.e. non-wiped), I tried turning the battery bar on and off, it didn't seem to make any difference. Also cleared cache and dalvik-cache.

Note it's not just Adaway, a lot of apps that push messages to the notification bar also cause FC, including the Play Store, TB, etc. It only seems to be these messages that cause the FC - apps that keep Ongoing entries in the notification area (JD, Screebl) don't cause problems. Adaway is just the easiest way to trigger it, but it also happens when installing apps via Play Store.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can do any more testing or can provide any extra info. I'll repeat the superwipe test again later with some other versions of the mod, in case it's only a problem in some of the downloads. It's certainly weird that only some of us are having this problem.
LG Nexus 4: SlimKat (latest weekly) (4.4.2) with hells-Core b46t4 kernel

Asus Nexus 7 (2012): Stock (4.4.2)

Samsung Nexus 10: SlimKat (latest weekly) (4.4.2) with KTManta 04-06-2014 kernel

HTC Desire HD: Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies (4.4.2)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preacher65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jotha
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7725
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacher65 View Post
Hi Jotha, firstly I have only just started using these mods and wanted to say thanks for creating them (and thanks to j4n87 for EQS).

However I'm afraid I'm getting FCs on SystemUI.apk as well. It happens every time an app pushes a message to the notification area. I've done a little bit of troubleshooting so thought I would share it, in case it's helpful.

I've tried:
1) Both the Honeycomb and HoolmHD mods, they both exhibit the same behaviour.
2) "Battery pure" and "battery with EQS" versions - only the versions with EQS cause any FC so far.
3) Transparent version with EQS and standard version with EQS - both cause FC.

I backed up my current setup and tried this on a clean install, still get the FCs. Steps to reproduce (at least on my phone):
1) Install ARHD 6.1.0 with superwipe and no mods. Boot once.
2) Install Battery/EQS mod (I tried the Honey version for testing after superwipe) and no other mods.
3) Boot again.
4) Disable backup/restore via Google account in Settings/Privacy so I could be sure nothing extra would get installed.
5) Signed in to Play Store and downloaded Adaway.
6) Downloaded hosts and applied - SystemUI FC'ed then restarted.

The MIUI battery bar isn't turned on. When I tried on my normal setup (i.e. non-wiped), I tried turning the battery bar on and off, it didn't seem to make any difference. Also cleared cache and dalvik-cache.

Note it's not just Adaway, a lot of apps that push messages to the notification bar also cause FC, including the Play Store, TB, etc. It only seems to be these messages that cause the FC - apps that keep Ongoing entries in the notification area (JD, Screebl) don't cause problems. Adaway is just the easiest way to trigger it, but it also happens when installing apps via Play Store.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can do any more testing or can provide any extra info. I'll repeat the superwipe test again later with some other versions of the mod, in case it's only a problem in some of the downloads. It's certainly weird that only some of us are having this problem.
Thanks for testing all that. I acknowledge that there may be an issue. I can't reproduce it though. There is one big problem I have: I cannot decompile/recompile the systemUI from j4n87 that includes the EQS, so I can only inject files into it. If there is an issue in that file, I have no chance to repair it.
I have already started to make my own EQS on the base of j4n87's so I can control it and also port it to new bases in the future. When I succeed, maybe those problems are also gone or at least easier to adress. So I have to ask for your patience here.
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem! - Captain Jack Sparrow

Some things I made:
CirclesMod All-in-One Mod-Pack for One
APM for One X
- APM for One V - EQS for One X
Battery% Mods for One X - CirclesMod for One X
Themes for 4ext Recovery Touch -

NO support questions via PM, I will NOT answer.
PM is personal, support is for all to know.

The Following User Says Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

preacher65
Old
(Last edited by preacher65; 9th June 2012 at 11:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha View Post
There is one big problem I have: I cannot decompile/recompile the systemUI from j4n87 that includes the EQS, so I can only inject files into it. If there is an issue in that file, I have no chance to repair it.
I have already started to make my own EQS on the base of j4n87's so I can control it and also port it to new bases in the future. When I succeed, maybe those problems are also gone or at least easier to adress. So I have to ask for your patience here.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope I didn't sound demanding, I was just posting in case it helped you narrow down the problem. But I hadn't realised the difficulties in working with the file - and I have some idea how difficult it is to work on these mods even when you can decompile! Does that mean you're just injecting new battery graphics into the existing EQS then? I thought if you were re-compiling for each version, that might be where the problem was, but it sounds not. Probably not much point trying the other downloads then.

And of course we'll be patient. Like any custom ROM, mod or app, we're all just grateful for the effort put in. If you do manage to fix it, that's great, and if not, well that's fine too. Good luck with the new EQS and thanks for all your hard work.

Out of interest, do you use an EQS version of this mod yourself? If so, which version? Just curious to try it on my phone to see if it's any different. You've given so many options in the OP it'd take a while to test them all.

One more question, if you don't mind - is the MIUI bar part of the modified EQS, or is it in the app? Not sure if the app contains the mod or just changes the settings for it.

Samsung Nexus 10: SlimKat (latest weekly) (4.4.2) with KTManta 04-06-2014 kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to preacher65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jotha
Old
(Last edited by jotha; 10th June 2012 at 12:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7725
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacher65 View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I hope I didn't sound demanding, I was just posting in case it helped you narrow down the problem. But I hadn't realised the difficulties in working with the file - and I have some idea how difficult it is to work on these mods even when you can decompile! Does that mean you're just injecting new battery graphics into the existing EQS then? I thought if you were re-compiling for each version, that might be where the problem was, but it sounds not. Probably not much point trying the other downloads then.

And of course we'll be patient. Like any custom ROM, mod or app, we're all just grateful for the effort put in. If you do manage to fix it, that's great, and if not, well that's fine too. Good luck with the new EQS and thanks for all your hard work.

Out of interest, do you use an EQS version of this mod yourself? If so, which version? Just curious to try it on my phone to see if it's any different. You've given so many options in the OP it'd take a while to test them all.

One more question, if you don't mind - is the MIUI bar part of the modified EQS, or is it in the app? Not sure if the app contains the mod or just changes the settings for it.
Well you have to seperate the mods with eqs from the mods without.
The mods WITHOUT eqs are made like you thought, so: decompile systemUI, insert graphics, edit/write xml-files, edit/write smali apps, recompile.
The mods WITH eqs are much more difficult because I can't decompile/compile the systemui.apk from eqs-mod that i use as a base. So i start with just injecting the graphics, which is no problem. Next would be xml files. Now xml-files have to be compiled, so simply injecting the ones I work with would not work. So I use "drone-mods" where i include the needed xmls, compile those, then take he compiled xml and inject them into my mod. Last problem is smali that I need for batterybar. Here I am lucky that the eqs from j4n87 was also used with leedroid tweaks and thus already includes some smali files for that status bar. I only had to adapt my xml's for MIUI bar a bit for that slightly different smali-files, compile them and inject them the same way as before.
You can imagine that that whole process is difficult, a constant flow of workarounds and thus error-prone. Thats why I want a new eqs that can be compiled normally. I managed to get the base-smali-files out of the eqs mod and will make a new eqs out of that one. It will have a bit less functionality than j4n87's, but some of the functions are redundant with apm-mod anyways.
That step is absolutely necessary because the EQS mod is abandoned and we would be in trouble when we have a new rom base one day.

And: No, I don't use any of my battery mods, but one of my CircleMod Statusbar-mods with EQS and MIUI-Bar. Obviously I don't use an app that makes trouble, because I don't have FC's. But I can generate FC's with some EQS-Functions alone. That was even the case in pure EQS-Mod like downloaded.
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem! - Captain Jack Sparrow

Some things I made:
APM for One X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

preacher65
Old
Thanks Meter 1341
Thanks once again for the explanation.

I have some small experience of that, from re-working some of he_stheone64's themes. Some of his apks didn't de-compile cleanly, due to some of the shortcuts he took due to having to work on so many files across lots of themes. So I would have to do something similar, making dummy mods and then swapping out the classes.dex and so on. Not sure I can remember all of it now, but I think I can appreciate how much work you've put in! And still are putting in - but a whole lot of people will be grateful if we can still have EQS on a new base.

Anyway, thanks again for the detailed reply. One of my most favourite things about Android is learning more about how it all works, and I really appreciate it when people take the time to explain.

The Following User Says Thank You to preacher65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anthropologic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Does this battery mod work on CM9?

Send with Gameboy Color and CM9
HTC One X with CM9 & maybe Franco.Kernel.

preacher65
Old
Thanks Meter 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropologic View Post
Does this battery mod work on CM9?
No, it's a Sense mod. In fact it's a mod for ROMs based on a specific version of the official HTC firmware, see the OP:
Quote:
This mods are for deodexed roms of base 1.29. Please do NOT use with any other base or stock rom.

Anthropologic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Oh, damn.

I need somy Battery Mods for a CM9 ROM.

Greets
HTC One X with CM9 & maybe Franco.Kernel.

kami2k
Old
Thanks Meter 106
any mod for extended controls or power controlls widgets plz?

jotha
Old
Thanks Meter 7725
Quote:
Originally Posted by kami2k View Post
any mod for extended controls or power controlls widgets plz?
If you look a bit on xda, you will find a APM-Mod here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1645142
There is also an EQS mod, but it's not for this base, though it still works. I'm working on a new one atm.

Some things I made:
APM for One X

The Following User Says Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]