Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[REQ] Xperia S Bootanimation

OP tw1tterik

8th April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Roosendaal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Title says it all... Anyone?
8th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #2  
Papanik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 59
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
There you go...
You must rename this file to "bootanimation.zip" and then place it to your "system". Then change permissions to: r-w-r-r and place it to: /system/media overwriting the existing one. Reboot phone...
Attached Files
File Type: zip XperiaS-bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.33 MB, 1492 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Papanik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Roosendaal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanik

You must rename this file to "bootanimation.zip" and then place it to your "system". Then change permissions to: r-w-r-r and place it to: /system/media overwriting the existing one. Reboot phone...

MY HERO!
8th April 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Roosendaal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Simply install via CWM not possible?
8th April 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
Papanik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 59
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Yes, but I'm a little noob, I don't know how to pack the necessary files to make a .zip file to be used with CWM. Sorry... I hope someone who knows better will see this one... Otherwise, do as I described, using Root Explorer... It's very easy
8th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #6  
Pandemic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MePpEl
Thanks Meter: 12,180
 
16,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Sorry mates i installed this on my neo v exactly what you said, but i have only the text sony ericcson instead of sony and then i get xperia how can that be??

Sent from my Supercharged Neo V with a tiny keyboard and using Tapatalk Premium !!
8th April 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Roosendaal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic

Sorry mates i installed this on my neo v exactly what you said, but i have only the text sony ericcson instead of sony and then i get xperia how can that be??

Sent from my Supercharged Neo V with a tiny keyboard and using Tapatalk Premium !!

the first animation is kernel related..
8th April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #8  
Papanik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 59
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic

Sorry mates i installed this on my neo v exactly what you said, but i have only the text sony ericcson instead of sony and then i get xperia how can that be??

The first logo shown when you first boot your phone (Sony Ericsson logo if you are on stock...), depends on the kernel you have. There is a way to change it without actually changing kernel, but you have to be an experienced user. Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477845
(I personally am too noob to try this, although I will sometime...)

The file I posted, replaces only the animation shown AFTER the first logo (Sony Ericsson logo), with the Xperia animation from Xperia S.

I hope I made it clear in some way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Papanik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #9  
Pandemic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MePpEl
Thanks Meter: 12,180
 
16,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanik

The first logo shown when you first boot your phone (Sony Ericsson logo if you are on stock...), depends on the kernel you have. There is a way to change it without actually changing kernel, but you have to be an experienced user. Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477845
(I personally am too noob to try this, although I will sometime...)

The file I posted, replaces only the animation shown AFTER the first logo (Sony Ericsson logo), with the Xperia animation from Xperia S.

I hope I made it clear in some way.

Im on stock, so thats on locked bootloader, but i understand, its all about the kernel, but it doesnt matter this is nice to thanks in anyway

Sent from my Supercharged Neo V with a tiny keyboard and using Tapatalk Premium !!
10th April 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #10  
davidwar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leon
Thanks Meter: 23
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I replaced the bootanimation but I like more the SETWEAKED boot. thanks anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes