Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micro Arc Oxidation failure?

Tip us?

psych0t1c
Old
(Last edited by psych0t1c; 12th April 2012 at 10:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37
It still leaves the original question open. Unless HTC issues a press release claiming that they have found the fault in the process and that all phones made after dd/mm are just fine and can be used to oben beer bottles without damaging the surface you don't know if the phone you get is good or not, even if you can pinpoint the exact Date of Manufacturing.

Seeing as they are just about now starting to acnowledge the problem, I would say it is safe to assume that phones with a mfg. date up until the first week of April will be prone to the problem AT LEAST. Possibly even longer, until it is fixed. So SH/HT24x (where x is a number) phones should IMO still be avoided, and even if they catch up n the problem RIGHT NOW it will prolly take a month or so until those made after today /which would be HT/SH24B) make it to european stores. Or am I wrong here?

The formatting re: the S/N is an interesting note though, thanks for that. For the record, mine is HT23R (so from what i gather 2012, Month 3, Day 24)

Quote:
The new format will read similar to HT[year][month][day]. I presume that they wish to be this precise for warranty purposes.

The month format shall be between 1 - 12, but the day format will take a slightly different shape.

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.
Took the liberty to copypaste from the linked thread for esier reference.
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
HTC Sensation
HTC One S (black with no MAO defects, unlocked, rooted, self-modded mostly stock ROM)

Help populate the HTC One S IRC channel on freenode: #htc-one-s

jandari
Old
Thanks Meter 5
To those who does not have problems, what about around the USB port? I plugged in USB maybe 3 times very carefully and there is already alluminium visible. On the top after 2 day in the pocket its ok.

boojay
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famagoer View Post
I assume, the grey version won't have any such problems as the black one s - it's just anodized, which makes it have a hard and durable surface. I guess, the MAO makes a too hard surface for the edges of the phone
If it's similar to the HTC Desire/Nexus One's build, I'd be more than happy with that. It was still the best phone I'd ever owned (for its time).

ahmadfini
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Good news guys:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/sm...oating-issues/

Untouchab1e
Old
Thanks Meter 246

DONATE TO ME
As mentioned above, it would take at least a month for HTC to fix the issue and push out new improved phones. So I'm thinking if either getting the One S now, then return it for a new one. But I should probably just wait.....

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
Im here to make awesome stuff happen!

Teddy ruxpin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadfini View Post
Thats good news, that intimates to me then that there was a faulty batch? only had mine a day (loving it mind) although keeping a close eye on the bodywork, its SH23PW

onlyrider
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
As mentioned above, it would take at least a month for HTC to fix the issue and push out new improved phones. So I'm thinking if either getting the One S now, then return it for a new one. But I should probably just wait.....

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
According to HTC, you are free to return your phone for a new one directly with them (and not your local retailer) during the warranty period. So you're free to buy an One S today and ask for an exchange in 6 months if you have any trouble later

ptr_hamilton
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Lightbulb surface flaw, no scratch

Have been at a surveyor. He told me this are doubtless no scratches. And indeed I did not drop my phone. On the pictures they took you can clearly see that there are no scratches aroud the affected area, which should be there if I dropped the phone.. What I think is the my reseller will tell me I am stupid if I show those very little flaws to him
Let's hope for HTC
LG Google Nexus 5 -> AICP KitKat by LordClockan and team
, clean and a lot of modifications compined with great support / team!
If you think I helped you with this - just hit the below to let me know
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ptr_hamilton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QuintusDias
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr_hamilton View Post
Have been at a surveyor. He told me this are doubtless no scratches. And indeed I did not drop my phone. On the pictures they took you can clearly see that there are no scratches aroud the affected area, which should be there if I dropped the phone.. What I think is the my reseller will tell me I am stupid if I show those very little flaws to him
Let's hope for HTC
Was the surveyor able to deduct anything else besides confirmation these are no ordinary scratches?
Interesting pictures by the way
Current: HTC One S - CyanogenMod 10.1

Previous:
Samsung Galaxy Gio - CyanogenMod 7
HTC Touch Diamond 2 - Energy ROM

mardon85
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Here's an update on mine since Tuesday. Noticeably more marks and its literally been on my desk charging or in my work trouser pocket (with nothing else in there).

Tags
one s flaw, one s scratches