Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCONTINUED] imilka's CyanogenMod 9 v03 [IMM76D/4.0.4]

Tip us?

DJ-Tumor
Old
(Last edited by DJ-Tumor; 10th April 2012 at 06:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by matius44 View Post
I still did not try imilka's CM9 (internet problem) so take my words with a grain of salt but how is your battery when you do not use wifi?

From my personal experience, I got an amazing battery life when I was at home having wifi on and connected all the time, but when out and about with mobile data the battery got hit more than it's supposed to be, the difference was more than an hour and a half in screen on time (seeing most of my screen on time is online here or browser)

Seems like still we need better radios for optimum performance
True words man! Exactly my opinion! But what shall the devs do?
They use what they can get. Probably its the new radio, that eats too much battery. Possibly an older radio would be better if it was working with LP5 kernel ect. Just a thought. Which "KNOWN" radio could we use instead?
LC1/2 modem from the GB releases? Can we use/try these?

afilopou
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
I still did not try imilka's CM9 (internet problem) so take my words with a grain of salt but how is your battery when you do not use wifi?

From my personal experience, I got an amazing battery life when I was at home having wifi on and connected all the time, but when out and about with mobile data the battery got hit more than it's supposed to be, the difference was more than an hour and a half in screen on time (seeing most of my screen on time is online here or browser)

Seems like still we need better radios for optimum performance
Matius i know that wifi is a battery saver but wifi is always on even after leaving the house and using data.Its obvious we need better radios.In my device i have better battery with cm9 and very bad with stunner 4.3

Sent from CM9 powered device

matius44
Old
Thanks Meter 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Tumor View Post
True words man! Exactly my opinion! But what shall to devs do?
They use what they can get. Probably its the new radio, that eats too much battery. Possibly an older radio would be better if it was working with LP5 kernel ect. Just a thought. Which "KNOWN" radio could we use instead?
LC1/2 modem from the GB releases? Can we use/try these?
Yes you can try any modem you want (Gingerbread or ICS) but for me I got best reception and data speeds with LP5 so am keeping it till we have better ones

afilopou
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
Yes you can try any modem you want (Gingerbread or ICS) but for me I got best reception and data speeds with LP5 so am keeping it till we have better ones
Tried latest gb rom radio and it is worse than lp5 radio

matius44
Old
(Last edited by matius44; 10th April 2012 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by afilopou View Post
Matius i know that wifi is a battery saver but wifi is always on even after leaving the house and using data.Its obvious we need better radios.In my device i have better battery with cm9 and very bad with stunner 4.3

I also leave wifi always on even when not connected but still mobile data is very battery hog!

But if that your experience with CM9 the I might go ahead and flash it

cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by afilopou View Post
Tried latest gb rom radio and it is worse than lp5 radio

Yup exactly my experience

DJ-Tumor
Old
(Last edited by DJ-Tumor; 10th April 2012 at 06:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
In my experience its all voodoo! I ALWAYS look at the numbers, not the bars and all the "wonder radios" from the i9000 releases were CLEARLY voodoo stuff.
Often enough new radios just brought more power consumption but no better reception.

So I kindly ask you...did you check the numbers by app like this one?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WQudGVsbmV0Il0.
In my eyes that is the ONLY way to get clearance if a radio really has a better reception.

================================================== ================================================== ====================

b.t.w.: what Im seeing now is much better....3h48min 93% battery
That is the "region" I was at with stunner...maybe even better...well see.

@afilopou: read that stunner seems to have massive battery drain if usb debugging is enabled....I always disable it. only enabled when I use titanium backup!
Maybe that killed your battery too ?!

matius44
Old
Thanks Meter 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Tumor View Post
In my experience its all voodoo! I ALWAYS look at the numbers, not the bars and all the "wonder radios" from the i9000 releases were CLEARLY voodoo stuff.
Often enough new radios just brought more power consumption but no better reception.

So I kindly ask you...did you check the numbers by app like this one?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WQudGVsbmV0Il0.
In my eyes that is the ONLY way to get clearance if a radio really has a better reception.
I did not use that app, but I have my signal written in text instead of bars (see attached pic) so I think that can be taken as a measurement also

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334080292250.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	994973
Thanks a lot chasmodo, great friends are rare these days

Mr. Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickR78 View Post
Did you select internal GPS as your GPS source? I was having the same problem, the GPS would see 20+ Satellites but wouldn't lock to any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikwervo View Post
I saw the pic attached. Weird that is exactly my setting. And not only detect my position in an instant but also navigation running super smooth.

Have you try to uninstall the maps? (Using root explorer or something like that)
And go to this thread google maps ownhere and follow the instruction given. Hope it help.
Tried both your methods and still nothing. I think ill have to wipe my device and start over..

DJ-Tumor
Old
(Last edited by DJ-Tumor; 10th April 2012 at 07:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
I accept that

Finally both do the same
Im just asking because so many (stupid) people jumping for fun when they see all bars without knowing that its only 3G and other radio would have only 1 bar but "H"

btw....try that app! it free and brings nice widgets for data and wifi! I like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-10-20-01-00.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	994989  

dkotoric
Old
Thanks Meter 142
is there CRT Animation in this rom, I don't see it but its CM9 and if its based of GS2 which I also own, it has CRT animation.

Tags
cyanogenmod 9, endorsed by chasmodo, ics cm9 note
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe