Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v4.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

Tip us?

JagSem
Old
Thanks Meter 23
This is just simply an amazing bit of script you've written and made available. I've formatted cahce/system/data, run that nexus full wipe script, installed LeeDroid 5.0.0 from fresh and it's remembered my rosie, home screen widgets, wifi etc etc superb.

I think minimal text widget run some strange script because those don't seem to be remembered, I can live with that compared to everything else that is.

Thanks again Patrick

HTC ONE MaximusHD 42.0.0 with - ElementalX and ROM Cleaner v2.2
HTC DS Stock
HTC HD2 PixelDroid Carbon 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to JagSem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pRASNTH
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83 View Post
Question is did you restore your apps using titanium backup? I can be wrong now but I think it was included in Google Maps. Check /data/app...

I'm pretty sure AOSP lockscreen is in APEX launcher. Otherwise you would have android stock lockscreen. Check if there is any app to disable lock screen. I can't check all these things myself because I don't use NO-Sense version

BTW if anyone has any opinions about the NO-Sense version just let me know... Remove more or less as default etc.

Sent from my HTC One X
Hi Patrics83,

I did a TB restore for only two apps; Stardom A-List (game) & Root Explorer 2.19. I wasn't able to find anything related in the data/app folder.

Also, as for the lockscreen I'm not sure if it's actually an ICS stock lockscreen or the AOSP Apex lockscreen.
I've used SwitchPro widget for sometime, especially on my SGS2, which worked well but on the HOX, it only persist for a while until the screen goes idle for 5 mins - i then get the lockscreen reactivated.
I've attached some URLs of my lockscreen, so perhaps you could tell me which one is it.
Either way, I don't want any lockscreens, so is it possible to remove the stock ICS one as well?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ckscreen1.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ckscreen2.png/

TQ

Patrics83
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8008

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagSem View Post
This is just simply an amazing bit of script you've written and made available. I've formatted cahce/system/data, run that nexus full wipe script, installed LeeDroid 5.0.0 from fresh and it's remembered my rosie, home screen widgets, wifi etc etc superb.

I think minimal text widget run some strange script because those don't seem to be remembered, I can live with that compared to everything else that is.

Thanks again Patrick

Your welcome mate!
It saves you some serious time after full wipe thats for sure

But "nexus full wipe script" on a One X that is not a good idea IMO

Some widgets needs additional data as well, but almost everything is restored that's nice!

Sent from my HTC One X

Patrics83
Old
Thanks Meter 8008

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRASNTH View Post
Hi Patrics83,

I did a TB restore for only two apps; Stardom A-List (game) & Root Explorer 2.19. I wasn't able to find anything related in the data/app folder.

Also, as for the lockscreen I'm not sure if it's actually an ICS stock lockscreen or the AOSP Apex lockscreen.
I've used SwitchPro widget for sometime, especially on my SGS2, which worked well but on the HOX, it only persist for a while until the screen goes idle for 5 mins - i then get the lockscreen reactivated.
I've attached some URLs of my lockscreen, so perhaps you could tell me which one is it.
Either way, I don't want any lockscreens, so is it possible to remove the stock ICS one as well?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ckscreen1.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ckscreen2.png/

TQ
Hmm I know I have seen an app called traffic on my device as well but that was long time ago and I can't remember what it was.

Try to deactivate the lockscreen in regular settings app under security.

You can try and install trebuchet launcher and then uninstall APEX and see if the lockscreen changed. Just an idea.

I will have some more time at Sunday and maybe I can find something...

/Patric

Sent from my HTC One X

andreipga85
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Default user script

Thanks for this splendid script mate. i've used it on DHD too and now here i am

i just want to reflash Leedroid v4 and restore nandroid Data (same rom sam base same everithing ) but before that i just want to clean the rom
in this respect i just edited my RomCleanner_User.txt
i will be more then thankful if someone could give some feedback on the txt.

thank you very much
all the best
Attached Files
File Type: txt ROMCleaner_Andrei.txt - [Click for QR Code] (18.7 KB, 16 views)

Patrics83
Old
Thanks Meter 8008

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreipga85 View Post
Thanks for this splendid script mate. i've used it on DHD too and now here i am

i just want to reflash Leedroid v4 and restore nandroid Data (same rom sam base same everithing ) but before that i just want to clean the rom
in this respect i just edited my RomCleanner_User.txt
i will be more then thankful if someone could give some feedback on the txt.

thank you very much
all the best
Welcome mate!

Your ROMCleaner_user.txt looks good. Hard for me too know if you will be happy after the flash bit it is correctly done at least!

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andreipga85
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83 View Post
Welcome mate!

Your ROMCleaner_user.txt looks good. Hard for me too know if you will be happy after the flash bit it is correctly done at least!

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X
Happy Mate here.!

worked like a charm and cleaned exactly what i wanted to.

thanks a lot
all the best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreipga85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Patrics83
Old
(Last edited by Patrics83; 4th May 2012 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8008

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreipga85 View Post
Happy Mate here.!

worked like a charm and cleaned exactly what i wanted to.

thanks a lot
all the best
Amazing!

Yet another happy user!

Psst don't forget to rate the thread

Edit: And only * * * * *

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, I just download the backup tool..!!

I put it on the /SD folder and installed or flash via CW Recovery.. It says wifi, email, app are backed up.. OK

Now, I did a super wipe, then installed the ARHD 5.1.0, then installed the ROM cleaner and reboot.

How or when the backup tool work? Because from the setup wizzard, I have to type my wifi password again and doing all the setup and installing all the apps

[HTC One M8] --> Sexiest HTC ever..!!
[HTC One M7] --> Back Up
[HTC One X] --> sold
[Apple Iphone 4S] --> Crap..!!!
[HTC Inspire 4G] --> sold
[HTC Nexus One] --> sold
[Apple Iphone 3G] --> trashed
[HTC HD 2] --> sold
[HTC HD] --> sold
[HTC Touch Pro] --> sold

GuyAdams
Old
Thanks Meter 2228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by limx View Post
Hi, I just download the backup tool..!!

I put it on the /SD folder and installed or flash via CW Recovery.. It says wifi, email, app are backed up.. OK

Now, I did a super wipe, then installed the ARHD 5.1.0, then installed the ROM cleaner and reboot.

How or when the backup tool work? Because from the setup wizzard, I have to type my wifi password again and doing all the setup and installing all the apps
You need to flash settings_restorer.zip

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Device: HTC One (M8)
ROM: Renovate Revision (who knows) by mwilky
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

The Following User Says Thank You to GuyAdams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]