Now with CWM Touch!
This method uses NVFLASH to recreate all partitions and formats them, thereby getting rid of the file allocation pointers and hence renders data inaccessible without effort.
Note: I have never seen a file come back to life or its data affect other files without effort on the users part or a temporary glitch once the partitions and pointers have been overwritten. Please post a reply with evidence if you have seen it.
The contents of the zip file can be used to super clean G2X before a new ROM flash. This tool recreates all the partitions in the phone so wipes the pointers to all files (everything). The method it employes has existed from before. The files here will stop short of pushing a ROM, so that you can push your favorite ROM.
- G2X (Will not work on O2X due to different partition table)
- Desire to have a clean install of your favorite ROM
- Backup your data
*** WARNING ***
This tool will wipe both phone internal memory and internal SD card. External SD card content is safe.
Don't say you haven't been warned!
What to do:
- Download the attached Zip file.
- Take out the battery (assuming you have backed up your data on external SD card, computer or elsewhere), connect the device via USB while holding VOL+ and VOL- together. Don't let go of the volume buttons until the device is recognized.
(I typically leave Device Manager open to see when it shows up in the list under "USB Controllers").
- Launch flash.bat, sit back and wait until the process finishes (generally a good idea to open a command prompt, CD to the directory and then run the file).
- Unplug, put battery in, reboot into CWM recovery (pushed by this tool) by holding VOL- first, then pressing and holding POWER).
- Flash your favorite ROM.
I made this package because I could not get the bluetooth to work with G2x GB 2.3.3 (and below). The issue was a disconnect problem where both the phone and headset would still think they were connected but in audio would not be routed for a call or media. After this procedure my phone has not had an issue for almost 3 weeks now. I have tried it with two ROMs and 3 different headsets without any issues.
I guess I will not toss this phone after all .
Putting it out there in the hope that it may help others solve some of their issues as well. I suspect bad data stays in places not touched by other methods.
Your comments are most welcome.
Klathmon has made an newer version with CWM 22.214.171.124. RP by Klathmon can be found here:
I have tested the windows version but linux one is untested. Use at your own risk.
Now with CWM Touch!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread with a drive to positive change! You work/comments/suggestions are very much appreciated.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248644. This link was the inspiration for the current work.
Link to CWM Touch development thread. I took the image posted there: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/22984-rec...bled-cwm-5813/
[EDIT] The zip file should be fixed now. Darn work machine does something to the upload.