So Friggin' Irritated!

Search This thread

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Going to be down and out for a while, having problems with my replacement phone (random reboots) ARGH!
In order to trouble shoot it, Big Red wants me to leave it booted into safe mode (which means I can only use system apps) for a few days. If it happens again in safe mode (OMG this phone is worthless without any apps!) they will do a warranty swap and give me a different phone. They didn't say what phone they'll give me but put it in the notes that if I call back in with the same problem to give me a new phone.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed that it does is soon, it's going to be a pita not having Google Nav, Pandora, or WiFi Tether while at work :(

Edit: They tried to tell me that it's a known issue for the phone to reboot when switching between 3G/4G. They also tried to tell me it could be an app that's causing it or a corrupt file on my sdcard and that's why the replacement phone is having the same problem. Sounds like a load of BS to me.

Last edited:

Beamer9408

Jul 17, 2011
Haha they did that with me on a replacement I didn't even have it activated 24 hours before I called back.
Anyway sorry bout your luck Kane hope everything gets better soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Status Update: Called again this morning, they proceeded to tell me it must be my sim card .... picked up a new one at the verizon store, I'll be calling them again tomorrow :p

indyred99

Sep 19, 2011
Chicopee
Called them today they are sending me a new battery, phone, and sim. Ill give it a week and see what happens. The tech said the battery may be glitchy and te sim may be going. My issue is the phone just turns off and I have to restart it myself.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

ngrodey

Feb 13, 2009
Going through the same process, my phone still has random reboots even with V8. And they said that all of them were fixed. I'm on my 3 revo, 2nd replacement.

LaggyWizard

Mar 9, 2012
wow wierd

havent heard that one before... im still on my first revo and thought by now i would have gone through a couple of them, keep us posted. although after changing everything i would think that would solve it.

indyred99

Sep 19, 2011
Chicopee
So yea this new phone they sent me............. it sucks!!!! Tried to use it to call someone they couldn't hear me but I could hear them. No random reboots yet in 12 hours.

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
On to replacement number 3 :/

Edit: Figures I would get a tech who owns a Revo ... he said he's never had a problem with his and wasn't aware of any reboot issue with this phone (what a load of crap)
He did offer me a Charge or a TBolt ... I said no way! He then went back to sending me a replacement, didn't offer me anything else.

Last edited:

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
Apparently big red got more replacement revos , they're sending me one too.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
Hopefully they done a better job then last time lol. I'd be happy if I could keep a data connection in a full service 3g area

ch4d

Apr 22, 2012
FG
I have had random reboots to i just went back to factory settings and im fine now nothing has happened like that.... But it could possibly be a app...

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
I get random reboots with the stock zv8 , screen freezes are quite often as well as losing data connection in a full 3g service area . My replacement was supposed to be here friday but it hasn't made it yet

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Alright, so Revo number 3 is F'd up too :mad:

Just got off the phone with big red and they are sending me a bionic to try
... lets see how that goes.

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
Sometimes they won't budge all depends on the rep you get.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
True. I have a feeling that I'll run into the same situation as Kane did since I have the same problems and I have a feeling if they give me another Revo it'll just do the same thing.

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
I tried to get something a little newer, but the rep wouldn't budge ... I'm ok with getting a bionic, it's what I wanted to begin with but it wasn't out at the time.

My third phone didn't have the random reboots, it would become unresponsive and the only way to get it to work would be to either press the power button on and off or pull the battery.

Top Liked Posts