Rooted Kernel for Blaze 4G
Sponsored by k0nane.info. Have you tipped your devs today?
DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Why the big red warning? Far too many people have broken their devices by not following these instructions! Search the forums, or drop by IRC - you'll see plenty of examples.
So, you wanted root? You got root! Samsung devices come with an unlocked bootloader. Thanks to pointers from other members that the T-Mo SGS2 CWM boots (badly), we were able to get some dumps, and prep this easily little package for you. This kernel includes a fully-linked copy of BusyBox 1.19.3, init.d (busybox run-parts) support, and various other niceties. Devs, see here for what the script essentially looks like.
- Download Odin 1.85 - see section below.
- Download the rooted kernel TAR - see section below.
- Extract the contents of odin-185.zip.
- Run Odin 1.85.exe, and prepare Odin:
- Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
- Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Click PIT and select the PIT your downloaded.
- Put your device into Download Mode:
- Connect the USB cable to your PC, but NOT your device.
- Remove the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
- You should now be at Download Mode.
- Click Start in Odin.
That's it! Your device will autoreboot, and your phone should be working properly again.
- DrTaru: stock device, remote access, lots of testing, screenshots, patience
- Shabbypenguin: Shabbypenguin (do I need to say more?)
- JFigure/Watcher64: initial testing and pointers/proof of concept
- UberPinguin: notes on building kernels for celox, which also apply to this device