Odin: Return to Stock, fix soft brick
Sponsored by k0nane.info. Have you tipped your devs today?
DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Why the big red warning? Far too many people have broken their devices by not following these instructions! Search the forums, or drop by IRC - you'll see plenty of examples.
These instructions should fix your soft-bricked or broken phone as long as you can get it into download mode. Make sure you have drivers already installed on your Windows computer before starting. Please read them all the way through and then begin.
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h> /* * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Download Odin 1.85 - see section below.
- Download the stock TAR for your device - see section below.
- Extract the contents of odin-185.zip and the 7zip archive.
- Run Odin 1.85.exe, and prepare Odin:
- Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
- Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Click PIT and select the PIT your downloaded.
- Put your device into Download Mode:
- Connect the USB cable to your PC, but NOT your device.
- Remove the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
- You should now be at Download Mode. Make sure Odin looks similar to the following:
- Click Start in Odin.
- Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:
That's it! Your device will autoreboot, and your phone should be working properly again. Be sure to wipe data in recovery after completing this process if you have further issues.
- DrTaru: stock device, remote access, lots of testing, screenshots, patience
- Shabbypenguin: Shabbypenguin (do I need to say more?)