Ok, yes this is my first post and yes, the "don't check Re-Partition!" is in red everywhere... and I am a relatively experienced at rooting devices (this is the second Blaze I was doing, first one rooted with zero problems... That being said: What are the recovery options if one does open a new tar using oden and forgets to un-check re-partition (like I did earlier today)?
I have since flashed both the recovery rom and CWM, however the phone still prompts me for a password and after I input the correct password it goes into a boot loop.
1. Flashed the k0nane root kernel and forgot to uncheck re-partition. ( Yes I know... laugh it up... )
2. Dropped the F-bomb in front of the kids about 1 second after pressing "Start" once I realized what I had done...
3. Followed the "THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock instructions, fix soft brick"
4. At the hard reset part where you go into recovery mode I received the green/red dot screen response
5. Successfully flashed the CWM, therefore fixing the green/red dot recovery mode issue
6. Performed a hard reset using CWM, however...
After all this I still am getting the prompt for password (I would have expected a factory reset would make this go away) and subsequent boot loop upon entering the correct password.
Would saving a CWM recovery rom to my sd card of my "good' Blaze and transferring/flashing it to my broken blaze fix the issue?
- I tried it (flashing my other blaze's recovery rom) and no it does not fix the password prompt to boot loop issue... (It didn't make anything worse either... how is it I can flash a rom and still have a password prompt (my working droid is not password protected...)?