Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOWTO][TAR][BLAZE 4G] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock, fix soft brick :: 4/9/12

OP k0nane

10th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3,768

3,981 posts
More
k0nane presents...
Odin: Return to Stock, fix soft brick
Sponsored by k0nane.info. Have you tipped your devs today?

DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Why the big red warning? Far too many people have broken their devices by not following these instructions! Search the forums, or drop by IRC - you'll see plenty of examples.

These instructions should fix your soft-bricked or broken phone as long as you can get it into download mode. Make sure you have drivers already installed on your Windows computer before starting. Please read them all the way through and then begin.

Code:
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Instructions

1. Download Odin 1.85 - see section below.
  2. Download the stock TAR for your device - see section below.
  3. Extract the contents of odin-185.zip and the 7zip archive.
  4. Run Odin 1.85.exe, and prepare Odin:
    • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
    • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Click PIT and select the PIT your downloaded.
  5. Put your device into Download Mode:
    • Connect the USB cable to your PC, but NOT your device.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reinsert the battery.
    • Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
  6. You should now be at Download Mode. Make sure Odin looks similar to the following:

7. Click Start in Odin.
  8. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

That's it! Your device will autoreboot, and your phone should be working properly again. Be sure to wipe data in recovery after completing this process if you have further issues.

Downloads

Credits:

• DrTaru: stock device, remote access, lots of testing, screenshots, patience
  • Shabbypenguin: Shabbypenguin (do I need to say more?)
Last edited by k0nane; 18th October 2013 at 07:28 AM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to k0nane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1

3,981 posts
More
P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k0nane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,205

4,730 posts
Donate to Me
More
boom! once again
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
No 4G or Wifi Afterwards...
I just did the Factory Recovery on my phone 'cause I messed something up and now I can't get the 4G or Wifi to work... I'm connected to the Wifi Network and 4G icon is on my phone but there's no internet connection...any help please?
15th April 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
Hi
I need 2 folder app and framework to build some app then send to my friend because my friend don't know how to copy it from system. Please use root explore to copy it then upload for me .
Thanks
16th April 2012, 10:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1

3,981 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertstorm00

I just did the Factory Recovery on my phone 'cause I messed something up and now I can't get the 4G or Wifi to work... I'm connected to the Wifi Network and 4G icon is on my phone but there's no internet connection...any help please?

Wipe cache and data in factory recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doantri

Hi
I need 2 folder app and framework to build some app then send to my friend because my friend don't know how to copy it from system. Please use root explore to copy it then upload for me .
Thanks

Extract them from the system image yourself.
30th April 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
stuck at param.lfs
anyone else stuck at param.lfs when trying to restore to stock??
30th April 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1

3,981 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayesmwhite

anyone else stuck at param.lfs when trying to restore to stock??

Use a non-stock USB cable, and switch ports on your PC. If you continue to have issues, redownload the TAR or use another computer.
7th May 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 15

37 posts
Ok, yes this is my first post and yes, the "don't check Re-Partition!" is in red everywhere... and I am a relatively experienced at rooting devices (this is the second Blaze I was doing, first one rooted with zero problems... That being said: What are the recovery options if one does open a new tar using oden and forgets to un-check re-partition (like I did earlier today)?

I have since flashed both the recovery rom and CWM, however the phone still prompts me for a password and after I input the correct password it goes into a boot loop.

Steps taken:
1. Flashed the k0nane root kernel and forgot to uncheck re-partition. ( Yes I know... laugh it up... )
2. Dropped the F-bomb in front of the kids about 1 second after pressing "Start" once I realized what I had done...
3. Followed the "THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock instructions, fix soft brick"
4. At the hard reset part where you go into recovery mode I received the green/red dot screen response
5. Successfully flashed the CWM, therefore fixing the green/red dot recovery mode issue
6. Performed a hard reset using CWM, however...

After all this I still am getting the prompt for password (I would have expected a factory reset would make this go away) and subsequent boot loop upon entering the correct password.

Would saving a CWM recovery rom to my sd card of my "good' Blaze and transferring/flashing it to my broken blaze fix the issue?

Edit:
- I tried it (flashing my other blaze's recovery rom) and no it does not fix the password prompt to boot loop issue... (It didn't make anything worse either... how is it I can flash a rom and still have a password prompt (my working droid is not password protected...)?
Last edited by chlor3; 7th May 2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: I answered my own question.
7th May 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #10  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlor3

Ok, yes this is my first post and yes, the "don't check Re-Partition!" is in red everywhere... and I am a relatively experienced at rooting devices (this is the second Blaze I was doing, first one rooted with zero problems... That being said: What are the recovery options if one does open a new tar using oden and forgets to un-check re-partition (like I did earlier today)?

I have since flashed both the recovery rom and CWM, however the phone still prompts me for a password and after I input the correct password it goes into a boot loop.

Steps taken:
1. Flashed the k0nane root kernel and forgot to uncheck re-partition. ( Yes I know... laugh it up... )
2. Dropped the F-bomb in front of the kids about 1 second after pressing "Start" once I realized what I had done...
3. Followed the "THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock instructions, fix soft brick"
4. At the hard reset part where you go into recovery mode I received the green/red dot screen response
5. Successfully flashed the CWM, therefore fixing the green/red dot recovery mode issue
6. Performed a hard reset using CWM, however...

After all this I still am getting the prompt for password (I would have expected a factory reset would make this go away) and subsequent boot loop upon entering the correct password.

Would saving a CWM recovery rom to my sd card of my "good' Blaze and transferring/flashing it to my broken blaze fix the issue?

Edit:
- I tried it (flashing my other blaze's recovery rom) and no it does not fix the password prompt to boot loop issue... (It didn't make anything worse either... how is it I can flash a rom and still have a password prompt (my working droid is not password protected...)?

This thread might help you out. Brick 2 Fix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBlacklisted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread