Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Uses for bricked X2...

Tip us?

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiasKnight View Post
Ok, just to check my rationale: I'm going to create a Nandroid, to the SD, but I should download CM7 to my PC and install it that way so as not to lag or cause any complications with the X2. Correct?
Flashing a rom for the first time is a process. You need to root your device, install bootstrap recovery, place the cm7 zip on your sd card and flash it in bootstrap recovery.

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiasKnight View Post
Ok, just to check my rationale: I'm going to create a Nandroid, to the SD, but I should download CM7 to my PC and install it that way so as not to lag or cause any complications with the X2. Correct?
No
Make nandroid. Save to external is usually what I do, but it doesn't matter, as long as you don't format either SD card u won't lose the file.
Then download the cm7 rom zip
Put the zip file on external SD card
Follow instructions from cm7 thread on installation.

signature: 404 error
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!

PotentChili
Old
(Last edited by PotentChili; 12th April 2012 at 07:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Okay okay wait, this post has given me more info than reading the dev forum. So let's say I root my Minestone X2 (GB 2.3.6) from ACS (some Alaska company) with this, what would be the next things I should do in order to successfully backup my device and then install a ROM from the dev forum?
Nexus 7. 32gb. PAC-Man.
Motorola Milestone X2. Eclipse 2.3.
Archos 70H 250gb (Gen 8.) RIP

MathiasKnight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Penstin that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentChili View Post
Okay okay wait, this post has given me more info than reading the dev forum. So let's say I root my Minestone X2 (GB 2.3.6) from ACS (some Alaska company) with this, what would be the next things I should do in order to successfully backup my device and then install a ROM from the dev forum?
I just did this successfully for the first time myself, thanks in full to this forum and these guys, but its all right here in this thread. Half of the fun, to me anyway, is doing the research and getting it done on my own. I'm giving you this fulfilling gift, but if you don't have it by tomorrow I'll hook it up. You can learn anything from these guys, its all here....

CadenH
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentChili View Post
There are no roms for 2.3.6 yet. Hopefully you will see one sometime soon, but there are none at this time. You can install bootstrap recovery from the stickies in the dev section. Then make a backup. I've created a 1% battery mod for 2.3.6 that you can flash using the recovery in the apps section.

sent from my TF Prime using XDA premium
~Droid X2 CM9~
~Asus TF201 Blackbean~