[Helpful][Tutorial][Caution] IMEI backup & Flash your IMEI

Search This thread
Oct 22, 2014
IMEI issue

I tried every method to recover IMEI, but still not done yet. 5IROM method also fails. Every method is fail to recover. Please do something. Sim works in every version but not in JB and KK(4.4.4). PLEASE HELP !!!

Lihis

Oct 10, 2013
lihis.net
I tried every method to recover IMEI, but still not done yet. 5IROM method also fails. Every method is fail to recover. Please do something. Sim works in every version but not in JB and KK(4.4.4). PLEASE HELP !!!

If the IMEI is ok in stock ICS then which JB/KK ROM do not have IMEI then?? I have flashed hundreds of different ROMs and I never had problem with IMEI.

Which recovery do you use?

Cubix202

Nov 27, 2014
App freeze

When I press IMEI Backup, then hit OK, the app freezes, but it creates a imei file... called 5.img ....it is ok to try to restore it?

andrus73

Oct 5, 2012
U can use huawei's tool. Called Hisuite.

Tho i have another quesion about getting IMEI fixed - appears after fiddling on S10-201L with S10-231L firmware i lost my IMEI (never try to do experiments if u not 100% sure -info was kind of "foggy" on CPU wise so i tought maybe im lucky - appeared not) , now i try to restore but the *#*#xxxxxxxx#*#* and DFS tool
I do hit the wall with Background service check - password 0 does not work.

I did as well get optional DBA device driver running up , dxetected etc , tho i had to fiddle with OEM4.inf file - had to change device PID_3653 instead of original PID_1035

Any clues what might be this hideous password be, for port opening?

Last edited:

ioannoukyriakos

Jun 30, 2014
Solution to flash your lost imei!

1) Enable debugging by USB in the settings
2) * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Usb port settings put the Manufacture mode. (Most likely it is already selected, then select Normal mode and re-manufacture mode)
3) * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Qualcomm backround open settings put the background open. Password 0
4) Install the DFS DFS_3.3.0.7.exe (1.99 MB) Number of downloads: 5
, connect your phone to your computer.
5) will be found new hardware (multiple devices). You need to install drivers DBAdapter_Reserved_Interface.zip (60.41 KB) Number of downloads: 4
on the device vid_12d1 & pid_1035 & mi_04 (Open Device Manager, right-click on the device properties -> Information -> ID equipment). The equipment is established as a COM port.
5) Run the DFS, click Ports, select the port with the signature DBAdapter Reserved Interface (double click) to close.
6) Press the SPC, the bottom will Device Unlocked.
7) In the DM to select Qualcomm.
8) Back the tab Programming, in a field to enter your IMEI IMEI, then click the Read and Write Status.
9) Check Imei, may appear after a reboot, if not try a few more times to try to set the port speed to 115200 (box to the left of DM)
As soon as the IMEI restored change:
* # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Usb port settings to put on the Manufacture mode google mode (or normal if you do not get up google)
* # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu - > Background settings -> Qualcomm backround open settings put close

If someone has 0 IMEI and havent found another way to fix it could try this and tell us if its working!!

Write your IMEI and your IMEI only!!!

I just managed to restored my nulled IMEI. The described procedure was a bit tricky, so here's how it goes.
First of all, the driver pika uploaded is for 64-bit platforms. It will not install correctly on 32-bit platforms. I solved this by plugging my phone to the pc, downloading a portable version of a driver search tool and finding a suitable driver for my device and platform. I will try to upload but I can't make any promises (my dsl up rate is terrible).
Steps 2 and 3 didn't work for me, I was using a 4.4.4 cyanogen. I couldn't load the "secret" menu. I flashed a modified stock rom and I was able to complete these steps. I am sticking with this ROM, it works like a charm.

Now, the serious part:

1. Read the instuctions and make sure you know what you are doing. Also, backup your data.
2. Do what pika suggests, it's ILLEGAL to change your IMEI to that of another device.
3. Follow steps 1-5. Check your device manager, there should be a "DBAdapter Reserved Interface" somewhere. If not, or if there's a yellow exclamation mark on it, then right-click, chose "uninstall" and check the "remove the drivers for this device". As soon as you click ok unplug your phone.
4. Re-connect your phone, wait for it to register as an "android" device and install the drivers as suggested in step 5 of the OP. Right-click on the DBAdapter Reserved Interface and change the port speed to 115200. Click ok to save the settings.
5. Open the program and click on ports. Don't screw around with this step, a simple double-click is enough. As soon as there's an "open" status at the bottom of the main window you're good to go. Click x.
6. There sould be an empty drop-down menu next to the DM option (it has an "abort" button next to it. Click on the arrow and select 115200. The status should read "setting speed" or something like that. Chose the Qualcomm DM.
7. Go to the programming tab. In the middle column you will see the IMEI read/write list. Click on READ. If your IMEI is null, it should return empty. Write your IMEI and click WRITE. As soon as it's finished, click on READ again. A bunch of other info should appear at the blank boxes. Click or WRITE and then click on STATUS. It should return the same results.
8. Reboot your phone while plugged in the USB port. When it's on again, check your device manager to see if it recognizes it. Open the program again, chose port, chose speed,chose DM, go to the programming tab and click on STATUS. If it returns some results, then it's ok. If not, repeat the procedure.
When it's all done unplug your phone and restart it. Check your IMEI, it should be OK. Remember to back it up using the suitable app.

Reactions: gkalen

jojban

Mar 21, 2013
HUAWEI G630 U20 Problem IMEI

I have the Huawei G630 U20 Qualcomm. I was missing IMEI.? Is there a solution, and what is it? Thank you...

diretouch

Nov 2, 2015
is pikachukaki way still working? Huawei p8 lite with SuperSU

I see there is a new version of that program - .17.10.2.0. is there a guide for doing imei repair with it?

thanks in advance

pollux8

Apr 22, 2018
could you simplify the 8th step , i opened the programming tap but i didn't find imei , in what section in porgramming tap should i find imei and then do what?

karaj2

Apr 13, 2008
Tehran
hi i used this way : 1)Download 5iromtoolbox: http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/fi...omV1.0.4.2.apk 2)Open the app 3)Press backup IMEI 4)Connect your phone with USB cable and go to your pc 5)Open your sd card through windows explorer or whatever you use 6)Seek the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/ 7)Copy the imeibackup folder to your pc to a folder that you will not by accident format ^_^ 8)You are ok...now you can make whatever you like... To restore your IMEI 1)Take your imeibackup folder from your pc 2)Paste it on your sd card on folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/ 3)Open the 5iromtoolbox 4)Press Restore IMEI and restart your phone!! i try to back up and restore my phone IMEI . frist, my phone is Huawei P7-L10 and the backup finished(phone's Android is 4.2.2 and rooted) and i upgraded my phone to official 5.1.1 andorid and root it then my phone's IMEI showed zero and i restored IMEI but after reboot it my phone became hard brick. please delete this way

abdel-

Dec 14, 2006
Belgium Brussels
password Qualcomm backround open settings

3) * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Qualcomm backround open settings put the background open. Password 0
the password 0 doesn't approach
u8800pro
help please

Hi Sir
do you found any other password to acces on Qualcomm backround open settings put the background open.
Please shared it thanks

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020
this DFS CDMA tool is good for windows, but very old and not for linux. And it has no official website, no github, not very open source. I didn't like it

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23412.html --
This tutorial about how to restore Imei, by flashing nvram.bin and nvdata.img with SPFlashtool works for my Redmi 9a. Just wanted to share
ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk -- is a Very old APK from 2012, i prefer to backup my own nvram.bin and nvdata.img with the recovery or adb.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After so many chinese roms testing my roms making custom roms..installing beta roms...and any kind of rom...i lost my IMEI so after i try everything i send it to service so im without phone and its easter holidays here on greece...You will find many posts here who to backup your IMEI but i will make this one so if a Admin can make it sticky so noone will have any more problems...

Caution if you havent took your IMEI backup do it and keep your backup like a treasure..you can't flash your IMEI if you loose it and you have to go to service to change your board!!

1)Download 5iromtoolbox: http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/files/ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk
    2)Open the app
    3)Press backup IMEI
    4)Connect your phone with USB cable and go to your pc
    5)Open your sd card through windows explorer or whatever you use
    6)Seek the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/
    7)Copy the imeibackup folder to your pc to a folder that you will not by accident format ^_^
    8)You are ok...now you can make whatever you like...

To restore your IMEI
    1)Take your imeibackup folder from your pc
    2)Paste it on your sd card on folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/
    3)Open the 5iromtoolbox
    4)Press Restore IMEI and restart your phone!!

Just take it..is very important so you will not have to send your phone to service!!H
    Hope i help!!

--------
    Solution to flash your lost imei!

1) Enable debugging by USB in the settings
    2) * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Usb port settings put the Manufacture mode. (Most likely it is already selected, then select Normal mode and re-manufacture mode)
    4) Install the DFS DFS_3.3.0.7.exe (1.99 MB) Number of downloads: 5
    , connect your phone to your computer.
    5) will be found new hardware (multiple devices). You need to install drivers DBAdapter_Reserved_Interface.zip (60.41 KB) Number of downloads: 4
    on the device vid_12d1 & pid_1035 & mi_04 (Open Device Manager, right-click on the device properties -> Information -> ID equipment). The equipment is established as a COM port.
    5) Run the DFS, click Ports, select the port with the signature DBAdapter Reserved Interface (double click) to close.
    6) Press the SPC, the bottom will Device Unlocked.
    7) In the DM to select Qualcomm.
    8) Back the tab Programming, in a field to enter your IMEI IMEI, then click the Read and Write Status.
    9) Check Imei, may appear after a reboot, if not try a few more times to try to set the port speed to 115200 (box to the left of DM)
    As soon as the IMEI restored change:
    * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu -> Background settings -> Usb port settings to put on the Manufacture mode google mode (or normal if you do not get up google)
    * # * # 2846579 # * # * -> ProjectMenu - > Background settings -> Qualcomm backround open settings put close

If someone has 0 IMEI and havent found another way to fix it could try this and tell us if its working!!

Write your IMEI and your IMEI only!!!
    Is there any custom rom which have the project menu settings? Or stock rom which is flashable via recovery?
    I modified CM7.2 some time ago to include ProjectMenuAct: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q6dexnojdxhguz/CM7.2.0-u8800Pro-120923-GaDaNa_FINAL+ProjectMenu.zip
    The code is different to access the menu: *#*#2846579159#*#*
    A lot of the stuff isn't working in that menu. Also, no keyboard, and stock browser app isn't working.
    CM7.2 was my daily driver and I had USB issues. To fix them I needed to access ProjectMenu, change the USB mode to Google mode, and then USB mounting would work properly. I added ProjectMenu to that CM7.2 ROM and I was able to do the mentioned.
    hi
    i used this tool on my Mi410 which is a variant of U9000 and i have the folder called
    the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/ totally 4 files assuming this means i have sucessfully backup my imie :confused::D
    hi
    i used this tool on my Mi410 which is a variant of U9000 and i have the folder called
    the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/ totally 4 files assuming this means i have sucessfully backup my imie :confused::D

Me too, i think it's all ok, but I have only 3 files with Aurora ROM: 10.img 11.img 5.img. I upload that files to my DropBox too.
    I have the Huawei G630 U20 Qualcomm. I was missing IMEI.? Is there a solution, and what is it? Thank you...

This is U8800Pro forum. You should go to forum of that device.