5,606,151 Members 34,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Siyah - JELLYBEAN - ICS [v4.3.3] "One kernel to rule them all!"

Tip us?
 
KevinChaos
Old
#241  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 242
Join Date: May 2011
CM9. Capacitive button back lights won't stay on. Didn't have this problem with my previous kernel.
It really doesn't bother me too much. Just letting you know

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app
 
Jonnyredcorn
Old
#242  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 1,899
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southgate
Damn...I just had a random reboot, not even 1 hour since I flashed. My phone was on the charger. I'm running AOKP 4/9. Gonna go back to cm9 kernel till the random reboots get resolved.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
 
LiLChris06
Old
#243  
LiLChris06's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1280
Posts: 2,381
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: XDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn View Post
Damn...I just had a random reboot, not even 1 hour since I flashed. My phone was on the charger. I'm running AOKP 4/9. Gonna go back to cm9 kernel till the random reboots get resolved.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

You seriously think anything will get resolved if you get 1 random reboot and automatically switch to another kernel and expect it to be fixed without leaving any information?
 
vladm7
Old
#244  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 337
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn View Post
Damn...I just had a random reboot, not even 1 hour since I flashed. My phone was on the charger. I'm running AOKP 4/9. Gonna go back to cm9 kernel till the random reboots get resolved.
I did too have a random reboot while on USB charger (fast charging on). No reboots while off charger. Perhaps, somehow connected to charging.
vlad
 
Shammyh
Old
#245  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 458
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
There appear to be some problems with the OC code...

While setting governor to "Performance" with the max clock to 1600 MHz, and pushing the CPU hard (as in Antutu benchmarks or repeated Linpack) the clock speed drops back down to 800 MHz. Also, before anyone asks, my device was completely stable at 1600 MHz on Siyah-GB and Entropy's DD-GB.

Seems very odd, but it's very reproducible on my device. This is with no undervolting and other Siyah settings at stock.

Anyone else notice this?
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-i337) -- Custom i9505 build | KT's latest i337 kernel | Primary Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-I777) -- CM 10.1 | Kernel Varies | Backup Phone
 
KevinChaos
Old
#246  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 242
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammyh View Post
There appear to be some problems with the OC code...

While setting governor to "Performance" with the max clock to 1600 MHz, and pushing the CPU hard (as in Antutu benchmarks or repeated Linpack) the clock speed drops back down to 800 MHz. Also, before anyone asks, my device was completely stable at 1600 MHz on Siyah-GB and Entropy's DD-GB.

Seems very odd, but it's very reproducible on my device. This is with no undervolting and other Siyah settings at stock.

Anyone else notice this?
What rom are you running, and what are you using to change the governor and clock speed?

I'm on CM9 using the "performance" menu in settings. Everything seems good on my end.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app
 
mzaur
Old
#247  
mzaur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 511
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ
Had a bunch of random reboots while charging through USB. Running latest AOKP. let me know if you need more info
 
ktoonsez
Old
#248  
ktoonsez's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 35082
Posts: 12,955
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tempe

 
DONATE TO ME
Did any of you guys that are having random reboot use the Jivy kernel cleaner script from the OP?

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945
_____________________________
Do NOT flash my kernels if you are allergic to AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_____________________________
 
SETdown
Old
(Last edited by SETdown; 11th April 2012 at 06:52 AM.)
#249  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 162
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Medellín
I flashed the version “WITHOUT mic swap” now to prove it.

With the version “WITH mic swap” the duration of the battery has been very short, I do not know if that influences.

Nevertheless the other options work correctly.

Edit: 1st reboot in call

Maybe a battery issues?



PS: Sorry for the spanish capture.

Thanks again for this great work
 
Andrew149
Old
#250  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 1,381
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Modesto CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
Did any of you guys that are having random reboot use the Jivy kernel cleaner script from the OP?
nope just got on it using aokp seems to be working flawless

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Can anyone comfirm if BLN is working? on aokp
Droid 1,Apple Iphone 4,Samsung Captivate,Motorola Atrix,Samsung Galaxy s2,Apple Iphone 4s,Samsung Galaxy s3,HTC One X+, Asus Nexus 7 2012,Samsung Galaxy Note 2,Samsung Galaxy S4,Nexus 5

Current Devices-Nexus 7 2013, Note 3.

Tags
i tagged dis bitch, siyah i777, siyah kernel, so smooth i almost came, stable
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes