FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Sweet Chiid Of Mine Q&A Thread

2,660 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,414
 
By hechoen, Account currently disabled on 10th April 2012, 05:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
In an effort to keep SCOMs dev thread clean and streamlined please post all of your questions here.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
10th April 2012, 05:17 PM |#2  
No luck with your suggestion hechoen. Running GR again (even though I did that before this flash) and will reflash. Checked the MD5 and that's good.
10th April 2012, 05:19 PM |#3  
nativesmiley's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
im still experiencing lagging with scrolling. i did gremlin remover then flashed ROM and it was smooth, but when i rebooted the phone, it started lagging with scroling again. if i do a factory reset from CWM, do i have to reflash the ROM or just reboot after the do the factory reset?
10th April 2012, 05:23 PM |#4  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,414
 
More
native

Just reboot. I'm running into some issues as well. It seems to only happen after I power down and reboot. Very odd. So factory resest from CWM, reboot and play with the phone. Don't restore any apps yet. If it seems smooth reboot the phone. Let me know whether the lag reappears after the second reboot.
10th April 2012, 05:25 PM |#5  
nativesmiley's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

native

Just reboot. I'm running into some issues as well. It seems to only happen after I power down and reboot. Very odd. So factory resest from CWM, reboot and play with the phone. Don't restore any apps yet. If it seems smooth reboot the phone. Let me know whether the lag reappears after the second reboot.

i already restored the apps at the beginning with TB and it was smooth, but after the reboot, it started lagging with scrolling again.
10th April 2012, 05:26 PM |#6  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,414
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig66

No luck with your suggestion hechoen. Running GR again (even though I did that before this flash) and will reflash. Checked the MD5 and that's good.

That's what worked for me. One other thing that I think has worked for some on other ROMs with this issue is to turn on bluetooth and while it's doing it's thing reboot the phone. If that doesn't work get a log to erikmm and he'll let you know what else to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 05:33 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

That's what worked for me. One other thing that I think has worked for some on other ROMs with this issue is to turn on bluetooth and while it's doing it's thing reboot the phone. If that doesn't work get a log to erikmm and he'll let you know what else to try.

Tried that before posting my Q in the SCOM thread. Tried a myriad of combinations also. It used to be a problem for a lot of people at one time. It never occurred with vb final fixed or unnamed. If this next go doesn't work, I'll get a log.
10th April 2012, 05:53 PM |#8  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,414
 
More
native

I'm having the same thing happen. After second reboot laggy and super unresponsive. If someone else running this wants to reboot and see if they pick up lag as well it would be appreciated. If no one else is having this issue it has to be one of the apps that we are restoring causing it. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
10th April 2012, 05:54 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 767
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

Where do you get this stuff? I've reset from inside the OS on plenty of occasions and never had anything bad happen. My next suggestion to native if this doesn't work was gonna be to factory reset it from inside the phone.

Every phone I have had the devs state to never do a factory reset from the setting menu. My last phone there was many people with broken phones because they used the privacy menu reset. I dunno I just prefer not to waste 300bucks wiping data improperly. I also would hate to see somebody post doing it broke their phone.

If you can safely wipe data from the privacy menu then I stand corrected.
10th April 2012, 07:17 PM |#10  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,414
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig66

Tried that before posting my Q in the SCOM thread. Tried a myriad of combinations also. It used to be a problem for a lot of people at one time. It never occurred with vb final fixed or unnamed. If this next go doesn't work, I'll get a log.

I just tried bluetooth with wifi on and it hung on turning on. Rebooted and it worked. Both wifi and bluetooth. Now if I can figure out why restoring and rebooting is causing lag I'll be really happy.
10th April 2012, 07:31 PM |#11  
nativesmiley's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
just had my first reboot and its lagging again. the reboot happened by itself

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes