Thread Closed

[FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.2 UPDATED 06/26/12

OP dwitherell

11th April 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #181  
Flag San Diego,Ca.
Thanks Meter: 2,172

3,425 posts
More
Piizzadude... adw ex launcher with York's black theme ...

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo6801 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 58

364 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piizzadude

That wasnt him, that was Samsung that did that. Somewhere along the line someone might figure out how to do it, but it wasn't something that DW did

I know DW didn't do it. I'm just asking if it's possible to get it back.
12th April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #183  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,930

4,041 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted A

Nice rom, fast and smooth.

But it didn't come without penalty on the battery life. Looking at the plot produced by Battery Monitor Widget, this rom consumes at an 18%-21% averaged peak of percent battery usage per hour (%/h). As compared to the plot I got running your Ep4D Deodexed Rooted Stock rom, which was around 12%-18% averaged peak. Just an FYI.

2 things:
1) The kernel drives the lions share of battery consumption variability, not the rom. Battery consumption rates are already hard to generalize, but a lack of reference to the kernel makes it even more difficult.

2) Did you get these values soon after flashing? There's likely a lot of syncing/restoring that goes on in those first hours, which is the only reason I bring it up.
12th April 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #184  
Flag Harrisburg

450 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JihadSquad

Yes I did. I always clear data when changing stuff. Since nobody else but me has this problem I think I will use the nuke and pave approach to problem solving.

That is sorta what I was referring to when I say from scratch. Ep4d to ep1 to tweak. I know it is a pain, but it save pain later on.

Charged up post!

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

2 things:
1) The kernel drives the lions share of battery consumption variability, not the rom. Battery consumption rates are already hard to generalize, but a lack of reference to the kernel makes it even more difficult.

2) Did you get these values soon after flashing? There's likely a lot of syncing/restoring that goes on in those first hours, which is the only reason I bring it up.

I was gonna say that it is way too small of a sample size to accurately judge battery life at this point. I am going to wait a week or so before I judge that...
12th April 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 1,620

5,434 posts
Quote:

2 things:

You must do a full charge from less than 10% straight to 100% at least 3 times without interruption before you can judge the battery. Just Rebooting your phone couple times will take a lot of juice out of the battery. I'm going to flash this rom and report back what I found.
12th April 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #186  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 244

1,586 posts
More
Dwith is the included keyboard the ICS keyboard or a themed GB keyboard?
12th April 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #187  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,930

4,041 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JihadSquad

Dwith is the included keyboard the ICS keyboard or a themed GB keyboard?

It's the same keyboard from 1.4, which I believe is actually a themed gb variant from Infinity.
12th April 2012, 12:16 AM   |  #188  
Flag Harrisburg

450 posts
More
Quote:

It's the same keyboard from 1.4, which I believe is actually a themed gb variant from Infinity.

I knew I forgot to do something, I use swiftkey X and I forgot to put it back on....

DW did you see my glitch about 5 pages back?
12th April 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #189  
Thanks Meter: 27

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

I guess it is my turn to ask a stupid question. If this ROM is based on FP1 I don't understand why multiple posts direct us back to EP4D stock apps as needed/desired. Why would you not use the FP1 stock apps? Please remember I did start off by saying it was a stupid question and I've been reading all I can about this process. Can't install until the weekend...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

I did not know if he wanted FP1 browser or ep4d. I assume the browser on tweaktools is FP1, then if he wanted Ep4d browser he would need the zip file from ep4d stock apk's ....
obs: I don't know if there is any difference on the browser apk between the ep4 stock rom or fp1 stock ... I just assumed and made my suggestion ..
12th April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #190  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 244

1,586 posts
More
OK nuke and pave leads to hotboots every 5 minutes or so.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread