OP dwitherell

30th April 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #711  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
FWIW, the only hotboots I've had one this ROM (save for one), I definitely caused, and I can't rule out me causing the other one either. This is in stark contrast to Infinity or Gummy, where I had sometimes multiple hotboots per day.

I do, however, get hotboots sometimes when I start messing with things. I managed to get myself into a rapid-fire hotboot loop Friday while I was doing some governor tuning. Things that I've found that will cause hotboots for me are things like too aggressive overclocking or undervolting, the governor jumping too high too quickly when overclocked (interactive is bad about that), and certain types of kernel tweaks. In particular, when you start messing with governor settings and kernel tweaks through init.d scripts, you need to either be comfortable with adb or have a nandroid ready.

My advice for those having multiple hotboots per day who aren't running a lockscreen with the music control widget is to back out any tweaks, overclocking, or undervolting you've done, one at a time, and let it run for a while on the new settings to see if you can track down anything on your end that could be causing issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #712  
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
Sorry if its already been covered but there's 70 pages now in this topic.... I keep getting force closes when trying to access my contacts. i've reloaded the rom with different apps 3 times now and i think its the facebook app that may be doing it. I even tried not syncing my contacts with facebook and i still got the error. Any fixes for this besides just not using the facebook app?
30th April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #713  
Flag Fincastle, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,905

2,716 posts
Donate to Me
More
Still no hotboots here, actually don't think I have had any since the first time I installed 2.0 (although I have reflashed 3 times. I have has to odin back to ep4d, ota, then reflash 3 times after attempting to edit the build prop...don't know why...i suspect it has something to do with editing the build prop with es file explorer, but I have not tried again with root explorer cuz I don't wanna redo everything again lol

Droid Charge running Tweaked 2.0 by TSM w/ Dirty PBJ
30th April 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #714  
Flag Fincastle, VA

2,716 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzle11

Sorry if its already been covered but there's 70 pages now in this topic.... I keep getting force closes when trying to access my contacts. i've reloaded the rom with different apps 3 times now and i think its the facebook app that may be doing it. I even tried not syncing my contacts with facebook and i still got the error. Any fixes for this besides just not using the facebook app?

I've had no problems with the facebook app but I don't sync contacts using the facebook app, I use the built in sync feature

30th April 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #715  
Flag Fincastle, VA

2,716 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

Technically both, as that is where tweaktools pulls it from

Huh. Well that is interesting. Not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting that such things happen occasionally on stock (<-- assumption on my part of course).

Hmm. Must be an issue w/ google/play music? To be honest I'm not sure how to force such a thing to occur... I'll have to look into that at some point I suppose.

Used tweaktools and it fixed the problem, thanks

30th April 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #716  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 53

396 posts
More
Never had a hotboot on this ROM, fixed the jitters by removing the GoTaskmanager widget and uninstalling Words and Scramble with friends, both of which always seemed to be running. Slicker than snot in glass ever since.

Sent from my Tweaked Droid Charge by TSM, ext4, OC 1200
30th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #717  
Thanks Meter: 470

1,657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzle11

might need to restore your contacts app again. could also be that it wants to sync with your VZW backup assistant. make sure to only contacts from your google account.
30th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #718  
Thanks Meter: 71

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0BlacknesS0o

Still no hotboots here, actually don't think I have had any since the first time I installed 2.0 (although I have reflashed 3 times. I have has to odin back to ep4d, ota, then reflash 3 times after attempting to edit the build prop...don't know why...i suspect it has something to do with editing the build prop with es file explorer, but I have not tried again with root explorer cuz I don't wanna redo everything again lol

Its es file explorer bc the same thing happened to me on Tweaked and Eclipse. I used the built in explorer in rom toolbox and it was fine. You can also do the edits in the cwm file before you ever install it
30th April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #719  
Thanks Meter: 59

851 posts
Hmm. Must be an issue w/ google/play music? To be honest I'm not sure how to force such a thing to occur... I'll have to look into that at some point I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Well I replaced Google music with the stock music player, idk if that's the issue or not

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
1st May 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #720  
Thanks Meter: 11

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thac23

I'm pretty sure I lost my contacts app somehow. It isn't in my app drawer and when I click on a contact under favorites in Phone, it FCs. How do I get that back, and how on earth would it have gone missing?

This happened again. I'm honestly not sure what causes it. I'll flash a theme to get it back but am I the only person this is happening to? Last time it also deleted Settings from app drawer too, this time it didn't.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread