Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some Answers. Rooting + AIO tool (Condi's)

Tip us?

DaDDy ICEPOC
Old
(Last edited by DaDDy ICEPOC; 23rd April 2012 at 08:20 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Post Some Answers. Rooting + AIO tool (Condi's)

Hi All,

i have been trying to root mine for a while and found the answers to all the questions are all over the place so i thought i would put them into one place for the less experienced people such as my self. All info is valid as of todays date that i am aware of (10/4/2012)

1. Is the tablet rootable?
The sony tablet S is rootable if your build is below #10. AKA kernel 10 issue

2. Can you change back your kernel/build once on #10 to get root
No, although there are some reports of random build/kernel changes after a reboot. if you notice this i suggest rooting WITHOUT rebooting.

3. Will a factory or any other "reset" turn back my kernel/build to below #10
No, see number 2

4. Are there dates for when a workaround on build/kernel #10 will be available.
No, bare in mind the guys here at XDA dont get anything but donations and do the work FREE and in their OWN time. I would love to make someone just as much as the next guy, but they have jobs. so unless you are going to pay their bills and wages for a while, best to let them do it in their own time.

5. is there a more "for dummies" type tutorial on how to use Condi's AIO tool
Not that i have seen, and to be honest i think we could use one. but do note i am sure Condi has mentioned before his tool is designed to be used by experienced users. Condi may be able to confirm this if he reads my thread. please dont go hassling his if he doesnt.

6. When is ICS coming out.
Pick a date in your calendar and check back then. no one has any dates yet that i am aware of and i have googled my backside off trying to find it. Note though, there was some sort of release although the file wasnt there for ICS in the mexico region. read into that what you will.

7. Can you Root the Tablet from an application on the Tablet (like Gingerbreak for Xperia play) if you don't have access to a Computer.
For the time being NO. Thanks to lloytizzle for that one.

8. Will the new version of the AIO tool (2.6) from Condi root my kernel #10 tablet .
No.

No need to post replies here unless you are confirming or correcting my current finds.

The intention of this post is to save you some time reading through mass amounts of posts and google searches to find nothing YET is possible to deal with the #10 issue.

i will update this post if i find anything and will of course take note of any updates from people such as condi etc.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaDDy ICEPOC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lloytizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Q: Can you Root the Tablet from an application on the Tablet (like Gingerbreak for Xperia play) if you don't have access to a Computer.

A: For the time being NO.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lloytizzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apurdhl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Q. My STS is unrooted ICS with built #6. How can I root it? pls show me the way. I'm seeking it desparately.

yt92
Old
Thanks Meter 2
same question. my tablet s is unrooted with ICS kernel#9. Is it possible to root it?

im_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by yt92 View Post
same question. my tablet s is unrooted with ICS kernel#9. Is it possible to root it?
Not for the moment - NO...
Are you a silly Billy???

Previous Phones - Samsung Tocco; SE Xperia X10; Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro; SE Xperia arc -Bootloader UNLOCKED

Current Phone- Sony Xperia T - Stock.. for once!

Tablet- Sony Tablet S - SGPT111GB/S - looking to upgrade to something decent!

mikajo
Old
(Last edited by mikajo; 9th July 2012 at 09:36 AM.) Reason: And another question regards the German ICS: Do i directly use the version 2 or do I have first to upgrade to version 1?
Thanks Meter 18
Default JAVA

Hi!
My Question regards to the rooting process point 7 which is:

Choose YES for sign new custom update
"JAVA required - if you dont have, then install it, and manually run 'Sign' function)"

What does it mean "JAVA required", is it this: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

And what does it mean "manually run 'Sign' function" and what will happen if I just restart the rooting process after I have installed JAVA instead of manually run sign function?

Thank you for your answer!

Sentinel196
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3775

DONATE TO ME
I was on Android 3.2 With Kernel #10 on my Tablet S and was able to flash back to Kernel #5 with OTA via recovery, root with AIO, and install prerooted ICS.

Australian region.

Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?

stifilz
Old
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196 View Post
I was on Android 3.2 With Kernel #10 on my Tablet S and was able to flash back to Kernel #5 with OTA via recovery, root with AIO, and install prerooted ICS.

Australian region.
Correction. You were 3.2 k10 and flashed 3.2.1k5 from my thread. That is a upgrade not flashing back

Chur
Stifilz
SONY Tablet S HC 3.2, almost BRICK
HTC One M7 -> US Dev Ed 4.4.2 KitKat

....Please Click The Thanks Button....
[ALL SONY TAB UPDATE LINKS]
[CLICK HERE FOR OLDER OTA'S]
[SONY TABLET FAQ]
....Please DONATE, Keep Files Online....

Acryllium
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196 View Post

Australian region.
Hey Sentinel196,

The same over here, I've got the stock 3.2 with build 10 kernel, can you please tell me how to flash with OTA in recovery is done?

Many thanks in advance,

Greetz..

Acryllium

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifilz View Post
Correction. You were 3.2 k10 and flashed 3.2.1k5 from my thread. That is a upgrade not flashing back

Chur
Stifilz
Hey Stifilz,

I'm a noob when it comes to kernels and flashing stuff, so can you please tell me if this is correct ?

I'm also on 3.2k10, so if I upgrade to 3.2.1k5 , I will regain the possibility to root the tablet with AiO ?

Many thanks in advance for sorting things out.

Greetz...

CoolApps
Old
Thanks Meter 600

DONATE TO ME
It says Kernel 9 but I'm running ICS has stated in the screenshot:

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium