Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

BlueStacks Beta - editing the "boot" animation

OP Wetzel402

10th April 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

246 posts
More
Hi everyone,

I decided to create a quick guide and place to share your custom BlueStacks boot animations.

Quick Guide:

The boot or loading screen is made up of two different files. One is a static PNG image the other is a GIF animation. Both files are found in C:/ > Program Files (x86) > BlueStacks and can be replaced.

Step one: Quit BlueStacks and use task manager to ensure there are no BlueStacks processes running.

Step two: Go to the directory above and copy and paste the files "ProductLogo" and "loading" to a convenient location to back them up.

Step three: Search the internet for fun new replacement files and edit as needed (or create your own).

Step four: Rename the files to reflect the original file's name and place them in the BlueStacks folder.

*restart BlueStacks and enjoy*

The animation (Dysgenic (Modified by aph)) and image (tenet421 ) I am using currently:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...179&parid=root

Edit: Thanks to rocketero,

We have a new home button image.

Go to C:>Program Files (x86)>BlueStacks and use the same process as above. The image will be called "HomeButton".

If you have another cool button post it here.
Last edited by Wetzel402; 16th April 2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Added extra information
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wetzel402 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
More
Here is my version: in the flavor of xda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	995247  
11th April 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

246 posts
More
Is the XDA an animation? I would be interested to see it in action
11th April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

246 posts
More
This isn't an animation I created for BlueStacks but I wanted to share anyway just to get opinions

It was created with some editing and splicing of other users boot animations.

12th April 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402

Is the XDA an animation? I would be interested to see it in action

No, I didnt know how, or wanted to bother

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402

This isn't an animation I created for BlueStacks but I wanted to share anyway just to get opinions

It was created with some editing and splicing of other users boot animations.

Its alright, but to busy, I went for an easy look, that won't waste resources running, and it wouldnt look right in that small area since its a full screen (phone) animation

Also there is glitch mostly cause you didnt remove the files after the android explodes
12th April 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J94w

Its alright, but to busy, I went for an easy look, that won't waste resources running, and it wouldnt look right in that small area since its a full screen (phone) animation

Also there is glitch mostly cause you didnt remove the files after the android explodes

I created it for my wife's phone specifically. There is actually supposed to be flashing between the android exploding and the particle ring effect but it does look odd.

I'm working on a new one now
13th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

246 posts
More
New one's up if anyone cares to have a look

Edit: I resized the image to fit in BlueStacks, removed the "Droid" logo, and made the end loop longer so it plays until BlueStacks boots

Last edited by Wetzel402; 13th April 2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added edited image
14th April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 364

2,440 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,

Sorry to derail your thread, but I just wanted to let ya know that this thread and another thread got an article on the XDA Portal. Here's the link:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...in-bluestacks/

It's actually a featured article, so it goes in the "featured articles" box at the top of the page. Congrats!

Also, I used this mod personally and it worked great for me. Fantastic work and thank you!
14th April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeGuy

Hello,

Sorry to derail your thread, but I just wanted to let ya know that this thread and another thread got an article on the XDA Portal. Here's the link:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...in-bluestacks/

It's actually a featured article, so it goes in the "featured articles" box at the top of the page. Congrats!

Also, I used this mod personally and it worked great for me. Fantastic work and thank you!

Yes, I saw your article. Thanks and great work!

Such a simple little mod but still fun

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, beta, bluestacks, boot image, loading
Previous Thread Next Thread