Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 46,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do You Want Beats Audio or Sony Bravia Engine or Both
Beats Audio 20 12.12%
Sony Bravia Engine 14 8.48%
Both 131 79.39%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][PORTED] MIUI Buzz Beta 6 [DOWNLOADS FOR BETA 7 Live, Discontinued 4 Now] [WIP]

Tip us?

hacktrix2006
Old
(Last edited by hacktrix2006; 15th April 2012 at 10:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Not sure why this is happing will check but please can please post logcats it makes things easier to debug.

Use QtADB and then copy the logcat output to pastebin then link here.

When using QtADB in logcat only select Error Warning Debug and Verbose. Information is not required!!
Retired Mobiles: HTC Wildfire (S-Off'd) HTC Desire HD (x2) (S-Off'd)

New Device:

Moto G 4G
Rom: Stock 4.4.4
Recovery: Stock for now
Bootloader: Locked (Really temped to unlock but i will wait for now!)

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked

Scratch0805
Old
(Last edited by Scratch0805; 15th April 2012 at 10:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,193
Ive just spent the last few hours trying to resize the folders, i don't think its just a case of resizing the image, something isn't scaled right in the .xml's. Nothing i tried would work though so I'll try again tomorrow.

Hack can you just try this for me, thinking about it logically this might work if not i'll send you my launcher that gets themed tomorrow. Rename the Launcher2.apk to Launcher.apk reboot and apply a different home theme from theme manager then reboot again. Edit: thats for the dock and page indicators not folders btw....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
2 x Samsung Galaxy Ace 5380i's
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

hacktrix2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Thanks scratch, still trying to sort those errors out thats coming in logcat there seems to be tons of them.

Does anyone know if there is infact opensourced sources for GB MIUI.

I will try the launcher trick for ya once i can get this rom booted again from its bootloop after changing some files.

You know me change change change change. LOL

New Device:

Moto G 4G

mr.hami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006 View Post
Not sure why this is happing will check but please can please post logcats it makes things easier to debug.

Use QtADB and then copy the logcat output to pastebin then link here.

When using QtADB in logcat only select Error Warning Debug and Verbose. Information is not required!!
Hopefully I did it right!
http://pastebin.com/WfFVTZYy
I mate JAM - ROM version 2.03.TX WWE - Radio verion 1.12.10 - Protocol version 1337.42

hacktrix2006
Old
(Last edited by hacktrix2006; 16th April 2012 at 12:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
You did that right my friend, scratch the Lock screen for pin and the circle one needs resizing by looks of it too LOL. The theme still didn't apply either. but i have sorted the lag issue now.

Also sorted most of the errors as well to do with java.

mr.hami your logcat shows quite a few errors what did you do during the logcat to help pin point the issue.

Also the Black on Black issue is defo framework so will decompile the .apk's for framework.

Edit: Good news java i/o erros on boot have now been fixed so performance should now be great at stock CPU speeds.

I am also asking kssood's permission to take a look at his rom which is now out of beta for fixes for this version.

This is what look cat looks now this is a boot to shutdown which used to have a load of Java issues about i/o now i only get java errors on FC's.

http://pastebin.com/L2RfwpQD

New Device:

Moto G 4G

mr.hami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You did that right my friend, scratch the Lock screen for pin and the circle one needs resizing by looks of it too LOL. The theme still didn't apply either. but i have sorted the lag issue now.

mr.hami your logcat shows quite a few errors what did you do during the logcat to help pin point the issue.

Also the Black on Black issue is defo framework so will decompile the .apk's for framework.

Edit: Good news java i/o erros on boot have now been fixed so performance should now be great at stock CPU speeds.

I am also asking kssood's permission to take a look at his rom which is now out of beta for fixes for this version.

This is what look cat looks now this is a boot to shutdown which used to have a load of Java issues about i/o now i only get java errors on FC's.

I did 2 logcats, there were too many permissions warning, so in the last time I fixed the permissions from recovery and the logcat is right after boot..
While taking the log I didn't understand some of the errors either cause phone was booting normally..
Some of the errors are right after each unlock, which Process system is not responding iss displayed..
then there is music player that if you play music from it's library not only it won't work but it doesn't show any errors or FC.. That's when I close it manually.. When opening a music from file manager music player FCs after couple of seconds.. (Have to say, it just stops playing then jumps out of the app)..
That's as far as I remember, I was so sleepy then.. haha.. But I did what ever procedure I know that cause an error while logging..
I mate JAM - ROM version 2.03.TX WWE - Radio verion 1.12.10 - Protocol version 1337.42

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:

Hmmmm..... it worked for me just now, just done a fresh install with the old launcher, created the /data/system/theme folder then renamed the old miuiLauncher.apk in /system/app to Launcher.apk applied the theme (just the home part) rebooted and i had a new dock and page indicators.

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

hacktrix2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Oh you have to reboot. We good news is the fix for Black text on black background is theme fixable.

New Device:

Moto G 4G

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
It seems there is 2 problems with the folders, the first is they need to be bigger images in the icon pack than the rest of the icons and the second which will be trickier, they seem to scale from the top down so i need to lower the top of the folder a little to line it up with the other icons.

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

hacktrix2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
That does sound tricky mate. Well i have kssoods permission to rip his rom to bits and look at his fixes so i will be starting on that in a bit. Also the Music issue is down to beats audio so that my friend is going and DSP manager is returning. Sorry people but the rom doesn't like it which means i will end up rebuilding the rom again For Beta 3.

Now if you want any other apps installed let me know before i complete the building.

New Device:

Moto G 4G