5,604,367 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Just for kicks I tried again and documented my steps:

I called the main customer care number: 1-800-331-0500. I had to verify my phone number and some personal info to continue.

I was welcomed to "Enterprise Customer Care" as my personal account is actually under where I work.

I chose the support option from the menu (5 I think). The representitive who I spoke with had a very thick southern accent and asked me how he could help. I informed him I would be travelling to Europe and and wanted to use a local SIM card while there so I needed my phones unlock code.

He informed me that I would need the "International Care Dept." for unlock codes and transferred me.

I again re-itereted my need to the new representitive and he said he would be more than happy to help. He then asked for the IMEI and I gave it to him(*#06#). After a few seconds he said "This is the new lumia isnt it?" I said "Yes sir, it is". He responded that his system does not have an unlock code for that phone at this time. I asked him if he had any idea when that might be available. He said Oct. I asked "I can request it in oct and you will email it to me?" and he said "The date is when our database will be populated by Nokia with unlock codes for IMEI's we have sold so we can give them to our customers." He was also extremely apologetic.

Understand that I am a LONG TIME AT&T customer, going on 14 years through Houston Cellular, Cingular etc... names. I am also an enterprise customer with an account under a company with over 30 thousand employees. As I stated before I have NEVER not gotten an unlock code until now. AT&T customer service reps arent gaming you or screwing you over and just not giving them up. They DON'T have them to give.

I am sure there are developer phones and test phones and AT&T employee phones that are floating around that are unlocked but for those of us who bought them through channels... guess what.

Oh and Slaydemon... that is how you document your efforts for fellow board members to follow in your footsteps.

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Now in my daughtes hands

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700

awagner
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Fantastic hx4700 Killer, too bad it didn't work! Wouldn't that be nice? I just want network settings back in the friggen marketplace. That would make this easier to swallow
HD2 WM 6.5/Andriod-WP7- Sold on CL ---- HD7- Custom Roms then I small bricked it- gave to a friend still in use -- HTC Radar- smashed screen at the gym- sold replacement on eBay--- Lumia 900-- Smashed screen at home (2012 I had some phone bad luck) fixed screen unocked and gave to wife--- Lumia 900 sold on eBay (did not sell at all on CL-- offers were $100 less than what sold for on eBay) Lumia 920!! This is the phone I have been waiting for, a real camera and a damn good phone!.

sitizenx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Lightbulb Get a refund or unlock code

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyopicWorm View Post
Got three reply emails from AT&T with different times they could give us unlock code (mid Oct, at the end of Oct and at the end of Dec)

WTF, just one services but has different answers. It's too funny.
Lulz. I hear you brother.

Yeah inspite of that you will have people on here telling you, "I'm a big important person because my mommy says so and at&t told me such and such so it must be true and you are all wrong."

Then you read stuff like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumsmcgillicuty View Post
So, I received an unlock code from AT&T and just back from Bell after getting a micro sim card to fit into the Lumia and everything seems to be working OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydemon View Post
i got an unlock code from at&t.

Truth is none of us really know. And I am not so arrogant as to believe that just because I make a phone call to some BS nameless customer service agent on a 1-800 that somehow my golden ears will force the agent to tell me the 100% god honest truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenII View Post
I've called numerous times, opened 3 cases, played the pitty card (just married, bought for my wife as a present), played dumb (oh, you mean I can't use these even though I paid FULL REATIL?)...asked for supervisors, went the stern route with the good ol'..."Ok, so YOU tell me what to do with the $1100 worth of phones I have sitting here, now that I'm beyond my 30 day return policy?!"....and came up withhhhh.....drum roll please!.....

Bupkis, nill, nothing, zero, nada, ****, goose egg...-insert other semi-witty term for nothing here-
If you want your money back here in the US we have a structured system to address disputes between two parties when significant sums of money are involved. I don't know if you read the whole thread but I outlined the process in a series of lengthy posts here. Ignore the cross talk. If you need clarification PM me. This is a time sensitive process and it requires multiple steps. So get started ASAP for the maximum chance of success. And whether it fails or works come back and let us know. Good Luck.
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.

zoom2d
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Received an email today from AT&T saying that they can't provide my..... iphone with unlock code. I called them with the test case number and a very nice girl told me that for some reason they had an iphone in the case, but the imei was from lumia...
I told her my story about the phone being purchased for a full price and here is what she told me:
- Why didn't you fax your receipt to us?
I said that nobody asked me for it.
And she said that they just automatically close the cases which don't receive the proof of a full price purchase. Then she just reopened the case and asked me to fax them the receipt.
She stated that my phone is eligible for unlock according to company policy.
The terms are:
If the phone is purchased for a full price you have to:
1. fax the receipt to AT&T(pm me if you have a case and you need a fax number to fax your receipt)
2. The IMEI of the phone must be "clean"

Those terms are only for non-subsidized phones, so those who got it under contract can't try to use this method. Resolution date for the case is May, 18th. So will be waiting...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoom2d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx View Post
Lulz. I hear you brother.

Yeah inspite of that you will have people on here telling you, "I'm a big important person because my mommy says so and at&t told me such and such so it must be true and you are all wrong."

Then you read stuff like this...

Truth is none of us really know. And I am not so arrogant as to believe that just because I make a phone call to some BS nameless customer service agent on a 1-800 that somehow my golden ears will force the agent to tell me the 100% god honest truth.

If you want your money back here in the US we have a structured system to address disputes between two parties when significant sums of money are involved. I don't know if you read the whole thread but I outlined the process in a series of lengthy posts here. Ignore the cross talk. If you need clarification PM me. This is a time sensitive process and it requires multiple steps. So get started ASAP for the maximum chance of success. And whether it fails or works come back and let us know. Good Luck.
Yeah, because the vast majority of AT&T customer service reps are all laying in wait for us to call so they can deny us what we need and then have a great laugh with their co-workers when they get off the phone. If I were to start believing that CS reps were pranking people then the more likely scenario is that perhaps the two guys got bogus numbers from the people they talked to and THEY were the ones that were pranked rather than the 99% that were told sorry.

Maybe we should put up a poll... of those who tried who got an actual code that works?

I don't doubt for a minute that there is a way to get an unlock code for the phone but I am also not so cynical to believe that AT&T employees are snickering at us all in their cubicals right now as they say "Sorry sir.. Oct. is the date I can get that to you." In fact it must all be well rehearsed since the majority of us are hearing the same date.....

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700

Chinese281
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2d View Post
Received an email today from AT&T saying that they can't provide my..... iphone with unlock code. I called them with the test case number and a very nice girl told me that for some reason they had an iphone in the case, but the imei was from lumia...
I told her my story about the phone being purchased for a full price and here is what she told me:
And she said that they just automatically close the cases which don't receive the proof of a full price purchase. Then she just reopened the case and asked me to fax them the receipt.
The terms are:
1. fax the receipt to AT&T(pm me if you have a case and you need a fax number to fax your receipt)

Those terms are only for non-subsidized phones, so those who got it under contract can't try to use this method. Resolution date for the case is May, 18th. So will be waiting...
Are you an ATT member? or another carrier?
Because I told my CS i bought it for full price, but their excuse was exclusitvity reasons on not releasing the code.

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2d View Post
The terms are:

Sweet, I hope this does work out for all you Canucks and those off contract.

Plumsmcgillicuty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Unlocked Lumia 900 AT&T

Here`s a picture of my unlocked AT&T Lumia 900, unlocked by AT&T. You can see it`s being used on Bell Mobility.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unlocked AT&T.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1053166  
The Following User Says Thank You to Plumsmcgillicuty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumsmcgillicuty View Post
Here`s a picture of my unlocked AT&T Lumia 900, unlocked by AT&T. You can see it`s being used on Bell Mobility.
Any details on HOW you did that?

Plumsmcgillicuty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx4700 Killer View Post
Any details on HOW you did that?
Unfortunately there was no magic phone number or email, just lots of calls and emails to customer service.