Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?
 
dougwallace
Old
#571  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Default Advanced Turbo Flasher

On the main atf site their is an add for their nitro product on top of a Lumia 900 Cyan. Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?
 
zoom2d
Old
(Last edited by zoom2d; 14th May 2012 at 08:59 PM.)
#572  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMal View Post
P.S. I don't know where in Ukraine you're located but I will be in Kiev last week of July and first week of August. If unlocked Lumia 900 are available by then I'll be happy to bring an extra phone along.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------
Thanx for the offer, but I am located in Chicago. I purchased the phone for my relative from Odessa and I really did ask in the store if it will work on another networks. If it would be an IPhone it will be cracked much faster, but since it has only 1.7 or 2% of market share i assume it will take a while to get it working ourselves.

Fact is that I am not that dumb to buy something which for sure doesn't work. I did ask before doing that. I never used AT&T and never will so I didn't have a chance to know that they are blocking phones at full price too. My problem is that they told me they will not lock it and it was very normal way to do business from my point of view too. ANd a week later i figured that it actually doesn't work. Misinforming me to make a sale is a legal basis for me to sue them. Problem is that even in small claim court with all the fees and expenses it's not really price efficient to do that. Probably i will just have to wait for it to be cracked.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwallace View Post
Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?
I think it's a good idea to find somebody who flash unlocks. Do we know who came up with HTC Titan 2 unlock software? It can be pretty similar with Lumia. Maybe the best thing to do is to get those guys involved and support them with whatever needed for this.

oops. Found the software for TItan. It says Olipro from xda. Maybe we should ask him for help I PMd him. Let see if he could help somehow
 
sitizenx
Old
#573  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
As to you being an AT&T customer and not knowing about their unlocking policies is indeed rather unfortunate.
Why? I never bought an at&t phone to use overseas. I've bought cell phones overseas and used them in America with no problem. Why should I assume with no additional knowledge at&t are total a-holes?!

What is unfortunate is two people from the same company stating completely contradictory policies. I submit to you and the rest of the forum we truly don't know what at&t's policy is... if they even have one. Multiple people have come on this forum and said after contacting at&t they were told different things. That's the problem!
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.
 
zoom2d
Old
#574  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx View Post
Why? I never bought an at&t phone to use overseas. I've bought cell phones overseas and used them in America with no problem. Why should I assume with no additional knowledge at&t are total a-holes?!

What is unfortunate is two people from the same company stating completely contradictory policies. I submit to you and the rest of the forum we truly don't know what at&t's policy is... if they even have one. Multiple people have come on this forum and said after contacting at&t they were told different things. That's the problem!
I agree on it. If they told me that the phone will not work anywhere else do you think I'll buy it? I was not told about any policies etc. So I can't know about it.
 
tyrell07
Old
(Last edited by tyrell07; 14th May 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
#575  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwallace View Post
On the main atf site their is an add for their nitro product on top of a Lumia 900 Cyan. Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?
Has any one seen this thread?

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/atf-first-world-lumia-900-rm-808-t-full-flash-1465220/
I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but they appear to be using an "Advance Flash Turbo" to flash the Lumia 900 with new firmware... Maybe they can unlock it too.
 
AnyMal
Old
(Last edited by AnyMal; 14th May 2012 at 11:40 PM.)
#576  
AnyMal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 1,940
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2d View Post
Thanx for the offer, but I am located in Chicago. I purchased the phone for my relative from Odessa and I really did ask in the store if it will work on another networks. If it would be an IPhone it will be cracked much faster, but since it has only 1.7 or 2% of market share i assume it will take a while to get it working ourselves.

Fact is that I am not that dumb to buy something which for sure doesn't work. I did ask before doing that. I never used AT&T and never will so I didn't have a chance to know that they are blocking phones at full price too. My problem is that they told me they will not lock it and it was very normal way to do business from my point of view too. ANd a week later i figured that it actually doesn't work. Misinforming me to make a sale is a legal basis for me to sue them. Problem is that even in small claim court with all the fees and expenses it's not really price efficient to do that. Probably i will just have to wait for it to be cracked.[COLOR="Silver"]
Slightly off-topic. Which Ukrainian operators have micro SIM's? I usually use life but last I checked their micro SIM's only work in iPads and iPhones.
~Flavor of the day: Lumia 900~
~Couch Potato: iPad 2 3G 64GB~
~Road Warrior: 2012 13" Macbook Air~
 
sitizenx
Old
#577  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell07 View Post
Has any one seen this thread?

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/atf-first-world-lumia-900-rm-808-t-full-flash-1465220/
I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but they appear to be using an "Advance Flash Turbo" to flash the Lumia 900 with new firmware... Maybe they can unlock it too.
Welcome to the party. Did you see THIS?
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.
 
hx4700 Killer
Old
(Last edited by hx4700 Killer; 15th May 2012 at 01:14 AM.)
#578  
hx4700 Killer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,218
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell07 View Post
Has any one seen this thread?

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/atf-first-world-lumia-900-rm-808-t-full-flash-1465220/
I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but they appear to be using an "Advance Flash Turbo" to flash the Lumia 900 with new firmware... Maybe they can unlock it too.
Since they are using the noka ROMS my guess would be they are using the DLL's that come with the nokia care suite. Just a guess, not bashing.

Edit:
I believe I stand corrected. These guys look like the real deal. They also appear to have a hardware component to the flasher/unlocker that is for sale overseas.
___________________________________________
HTC One X + 64GB AT&T

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Now in my daughtes hands

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700
 
dougwallace
Old
#579  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Now we are cooking with GAS. We just need a developer with an ATF and I think we can get this done without AT&T

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to dougwallace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
_Madmatt
Old
#580  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 800
Join Date: Jul 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMal View Post
Slightly off-topic. Which Ukrainian operators have micro SIM's? I usually use life but last I checked their micro SIM's only work in iPads and iPhones.
Don't worry, operator who claim their MicroSIM only works with iThings are bull****ting They will work in Lumia and any other MicroSIM phone as well. Those phones just don't habe the name...
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes