[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

OP pistol44

14th May 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #571  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Advanced Turbo Flasher
On the main atf site their is an add for their nitro product on top of a Lumia 900 Cyan. Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?
14th May 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #572  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMal

P.S. I don't know where in Ukraine you're located but I will be in Kiev last week of July and first week of August. If unlocked Lumia 900 are available by then I'll be happy to bring an extra phone along.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Thanx for the offer, but I am located in Chicago. I purchased the phone for my relative from Odessa and I really did ask in the store if it will work on another networks. If it would be an IPhone it will be cracked much faster, but since it has only 1.7 or 2% of market share i assume it will take a while to get it working ourselves.

Fact is that I am not that dumb to buy something which for sure doesn't work. I did ask before doing that. I never used AT&T and never will so I didn't have a chance to know that they are blocking phones at full price too. My problem is that they told me they will not lock it and it was very normal way to do business from my point of view too. ANd a week later i figured that it actually doesn't work. Misinforming me to make a sale is a legal basis for me to sue them. Problem is that even in small claim court with all the fees and expenses it's not really price efficient to do that. Probably i will just have to wait for it to be cracked.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwallace

Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?

I think it's a good idea to find somebody who flash unlocks. Do we know who came up with HTC Titan 2 unlock software? It can be pretty similar with Lumia. Maybe the best thing to do is to get those guys involved and support them with whatever needed for this.

oops. Found the software for TItan. It says Olipro from xda. Maybe we should ask him for help I PMd him. Let see if he could help somehow
Last edited by zoom2d; 14th May 2012 at 09:59 PM.
14th May 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #573  
Thanks Meter: 47

322 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee

As to you being an AT&T customer and not knowing about their unlocking policies is indeed rather unfortunate.

Why? I never bought an at&t phone to use overseas. I've bought cell phones overseas and used them in America with no problem. Why should I assume with no additional knowledge at&t are total a-holes?!

What is unfortunate is two people from the same company stating completely contradictory policies. I submit to you and the rest of the forum we truly don't know what at&t's policy is... if they even have one. Multiple people have come on this forum and said after contacting at&t they were told different things. That's the problem!
14th May 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #574  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx

Why? I never bought an at&t phone to use overseas. I've bought cell phones overseas and used them in America with no problem. Why should I assume with no additional knowledge at&t are total a-holes?!

What is unfortunate is two people from the same company stating completely contradictory policies. I submit to you and the rest of the forum we truly don't know what at&t's policy is... if they even have one. Multiple people have come on this forum and said after contacting at&t they were told different things. That's the problem!

I agree on it. If they told me that the phone will not work anywhere else do you think I'll buy it? I was not told about any policies etc. So I can't know about it.
14th May 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #575  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwallace

On the main atf site their is an add for their nitro product on top of a Lumia 900 Cyan. Should we be looking at the groups that Flash unlock phones more than the ones that just get the codes from the carriers?

Has any one seen this thread?

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/atf-first-world-lumia-900-rm-808-t-full-flash-1465220/
I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but they appear to be using an "Advance Flash Turbo" to flash the Lumia 900 with new firmware... Maybe they can unlock it too.
Last edited by tyrell07; 14th May 2012 at 11:56 PM.
15th May 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #576  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 163

1,940 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2d

Thanx for the offer, but I am located in Chicago. I purchased the phone for my relative from Odessa and I really did ask in the store if it will work on another networks. If it would be an IPhone it will be cracked much faster, but since it has only 1.7 or 2% of market share i assume it will take a while to get it working ourselves.

Fact is that I am not that dumb to buy something which for sure doesn't work. I did ask before doing that. I never used AT&T and never will so I didn't have a chance to know that they are blocking phones at full price too. My problem is that they told me they will not lock it and it was very normal way to do business from my point of view too. ANd a week later i figured that it actually doesn't work. Misinforming me to make a sale is a legal basis for me to sue them. Problem is that even in small claim court with all the fees and expenses it's not really price efficient to do that. Probably i will just have to wait for it to be cracked.[COLOR="Silver"]

Slightly off-topic. Which Ukrainian operators have micro SIM's? I usually use life but last I checked their micro SIM's only work in iPads and iPhones.
Last edited by AnyMal; 15th May 2012 at 12:40 AM.
15th May 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #577  
Thanks Meter: 47

322 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell07

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/atf-first-world-lumia-900-rm-808-t-full-flash-1465220/
I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but they appear to be using an "Advance Flash Turbo" to flash the Lumia 900 with new firmware... Maybe they can unlock it too.

Welcome to the party. Did you see THIS?
15th May 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #578  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 256

1,218 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell07

Code:

Since they are using the noka ROMS my guess would be they are using the DLL's that come with the nokia care suite. Just a guess, not bashing.

Edit:
I believe I stand corrected. These guys look like the real deal. They also appear to have a hardware component to the flasher/unlocker that is for sale overseas.
Last edited by hx4700 Killer; 15th May 2012 at 02:14 AM.
15th May 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #579  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Now we are cooking with GAS. We just need a developer with an ATF and I think we can get this done without AT&T

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to dougwallace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #580  
Thanks Meter: 114

800 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMal

Slightly off-topic. Which Ukrainian operators have micro SIM's? I usually use life but last I checked their micro SIM's only work in iPads and iPhones.

Don't worry, operator who claim their MicroSIM only works with iThings are bull****ting They will work in Lumia and any other MicroSIM phone as well. Those phones just don't habe the name...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread