Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

AT&T One XL Prototype - Information

OP voteccow

20th April 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
477 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinks

Hows the battery life doing on the phone now that you have had it awhile? Keep seeing lots of battery life complaints from the One X.

yeah, I'd second this Q. curious about the S4 units. We already know the battery life with the Tegra3 units.

*edit* i say the stats you've posted and was impressed. any changes to speak of?
Last edited by JoeM01; 20th April 2012 at 04:57 PM.
20th April 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #92  
voteccow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Northern Jersey
Thanks Meter: 67
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM01

yeah, I'd second this Q. curious about the S4 units. We already know the battery life with the Tegra3 units.

*edit* i say the stats you've posted and was impressed. any changes to speak of?

It's gotten slightly better, I'll post stats tonight before I throw it on the charger.
20th April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #93  
Senior Member
Flag Eastern Iowa
Thanks Meter: 29
 
371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Please take a look at the screen on time when you post the battery stats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
20th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #94  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
How are you doing on media storage?? Thats my last hurdle to get over to grabbing one of these. I keep some kids tv shows on my phone and I have audiobooks and generally have almost 7 to 10gb on my sdcard most of the time. Are you using the dropbox how is that working out? Have you tried the streaming option from dropbox?
21st April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #95  
chaosjh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bentonville home of Wally world
Thanks Meter: 40
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinks

How are you doing on media storage?? Thats my last hurdle to get over to grabbing one of these. I keep some kids tv shows on my phone and I have audiobooks and generally have almost 7 to 10gb on my sdcard most of the time. Are you using the dropbox how is that working out? Have you tried the streaming option from dropbox?

i have seen you post this a couple times, i was gonna just let you know, bropbox is free, why not try its services yourself?
25th April 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #96  
voteccow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Northern Jersey
Thanks Meter: 67
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
More Battery Stats
I've got more battery stats for you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.23-22.10.20.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1023362   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.23-22.10.02.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1023363   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.23-22.09.55.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1023364   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.23-22.09.48.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1023365   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.23-22.09.38.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1023366  
25th April 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #97  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400
 
8,972 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by voteccow

I've got more battery stats for you all.

That's not terribly impressive and looks more like an international phone than an XL. A Rogers phone did 5 hours screen on and 16 hours total. The international phone is running 3ish screen on with 12-14 hours total. What s/w version are you running? Someone with a shipped AT&T phone should post theirs so you can compare.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #98  
chaosjh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bentonville home of Wally world
Thanks Meter: 40
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

That's not terribly impressive and looks more like an international phone than an XL. A Rogers phone did 5 hours screen on and 16 hours total. The international phone is running 3ish screen on with 12-14 hours total. What s/w version are you running? Someone with a shipped AT&T phone should post theirs so you can compare.

yes but phone calls take more battery right? that's a lot of talk time matched with that screen time.
25th April 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #99  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400
 
8,972 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosjh

yes but phone calls take more battery right? that's a lot of talk time matched with that screen time.

If the display was off when you were on calls and you were in decent signal range I'd expect the display would kill the battery a lot faster than voice calls. But you're right, no one's posted results (X or XL) with that much talk time so it's hard to do a direct comparison.
25th April 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #100  
chaosjh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bentonville home of Wally world
Thanks Meter: 40
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

If the display was off when you were on calls and you were in decent signal range I'd expect the display would kill the battery a lot faster than voice calls. But you're right, no one's posted results (X or XL) with that much talk time so it's hard to do a direct comparison.

what would i google to compare energy usage? i can't seem to find anything. but i do see what your saying, i was thinking like an older phone in which the screen doesn't pull much, but talk time is bad. but with the ips, the screen will probably pull similar power as talking. combine the two above and we have about 3 hours, which is ok but not outstanding like i was thinking.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
16gb, at&t, htc one xl, lte, snapdragon s4
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes