[KANG/UNOFFICIAL][NIGHTLY] iNFINITYCM [Updated: 12.04.2012]
ABOUT THIS ROM:
This is a KANG/UNOFFICIAL CM9 version built from CM9 sources. It has some cherry-picks from Gerrit, that I find interesting and enhance the rom to be better feature wise.
I will be doing builds on daily basis (mostly on morning EU time), atleast until CM starts to rollout nightlies on normal schedule.
As I said in the beginning, this is purely been a learning experience to work with Android source and building it from the scratch.
I might be doing something completely different (own rom based on something) when I have gained more experience. If you are interested to start something, pm and let's see if we can get something out of it
I know there are many many many CM9 roms/kangs floating around, so why did I post this? For a simple reason: It has been a learning experience for me to work with source and building android. This is my first complete android build
, and I find CM9 to be a good starting point.
INCLUDED IN THIS ROM (Basic features):
- Synced to cm9 repo today 12.4.2012
- Includes all the CM9 features that have been merged until now
- Includes few cherry picks from Gerrit (see list below)
- Default CM based kernel
- The default CM9 bells and whistles
CHERRY-PICKS from CM Gerrit
- AudioManager: Handle KEYCODE_VOLUME_MUTE
- Settings: Notification light(LED) settings
- NavigationBar : Customization
- Make the flash off indicator visible
- Makes network mode toggle work. Port from CM7.
- camera: allow setting parameter "video-size" before recording starts
- MMS: Make notifications consistent with the Gapps'.
- Phone: Disable accelerometer sensor while in-call and screen UI is off
- Fix don't interrupt ongoing PIN/PUK verification
Install instructions (first install):
1) Download zip to your phone
2) Also download GAPPS from http://goo.im/gapps
3) Boot to CWM
4) DO A FULL WIPE IN RECOVERY
(a must if you are coming from another rom)
5) Flash the ROM .zip
6) Flash GAPPS .zip
It should be safe to do "dirty flashes" between builds, unless I say otherwise. But ofcourse if you run to problems between builds, do a wipe first (use f.ex TiBu to backup apps) and try again. It's always possible that some feature gets broken or some cherry-pick ****s up things....but hey these are nightlies right?
It would be nice if you could test this, and if you have some features found on Gerrit what you would like to see implemented, just post here and I'll check it out and maybe include it in the next build
I honour all feedback from you guys..the more the better so I can learn more.
Credits and thanks
- CyanogenMOD developers + team (for offering us the source and lot of features)
- swordrune10 for answering my n00b questions and for all the help
- Everybody else i forgot xD