[ROM][S4][WIP] CM9 on HTC One S [20120813]

Search This thread

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
OK, thank you for the info.

But it is still possible, right?

I just love the stock camera app and its features and would not like to leave them. I won't be using CM9 before a stable and feature-rich release, though, so it's not a problem yet.

:)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

No it's not too possible. The sense camera needs a huge part of the HTC framework to be ported as well.

MIUI for the One S is using CM9 as a base so many things that are fixed carry over. Linds6630 has done a lot of work herself though so please give her some credit.

What linds does is perfectly fine. She uses our rom as a base and therefore device related fixes usually come from here. But it's not as straightforward as it may sound, don't underestimate smali.

In general, all cm/aosp/aokp roms use this base.

Flash the latest version of twrp and you will be fine. Boot.img flashing wasn't working before 2.1.8 I believe

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

I'm having difficulties flashing boot in recovery as well. Will try to get a hold of the twrp guys and get it fixed.

For now I would recommend flashing boot in fastboot.

does this new boot img not have the dirty ril startup? i had to reboot a few times before my phone decided "oh there is a radio present on this device!" :p

It should be in there. But it's still just a workaround, not a fix for the real issue.

The 192Mhz setting is running really unstable for me. I'm getting some bugs when lowering it too 192Mhz, like "system UI stop" when changing wallpaper, notification bar not showing,... When returning to 384Mhz everything runs fine. The stange thing is that I didn't had any problems using it with mdj's kernel. Any ideas on this?

It's possible that we left something out accidently. Will double check on that again.

Sent from my HTC One S

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
Just wondering... I read somewhere that CM10 is coming out soon.. will you stop working on this and jump straight to that when released?

as said many times before, we build with our device tree from the official cm sources. whenever jb is released and they merge it, we will have it as well...

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
I'm just curious as to how long it will be until the one series phones are merged into their repos as official devices..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

fipsib

Jan 16, 2011
Munich
I'm just curious as to how long it will be until the one series phones are merged into their repos as official devices..

Afaik this will be done when xkonni and the others decide that the builds are ready for everyday use (for me they definitely are) and don't have any big bugs anymore (ATM there are just work arounds for e.g. the rild startup problem and the problems with the touchscreen, they are not fixed completely). Hope this is right & I'm not telling nonsense ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Last edited:

qwerty warrior

Jan 21, 2011

when they FEEL LIKE IT

NO+ETA.jpg

Reactions: archie53

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin

We'll merge them soon, but it will be a little longer until they get nightly builds.

Afaik this will be done when xkonni and the others decide that the builds are ready for everyday use (for me they definitely are) and don't have any big bugs anymore (ATM there are just work arounds for e.g. the rild startup problem and the problems with the touchscreen, they are not fixed completely). Hope this is right & I'm not telling nonsense ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Touchscreen is done now, but ril is not.

Sent from my HTC One S

Reactions: fipsib

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Touch Screen/Buttons issue doesn't look to be fixed with the new boot image.

Dragging down the notifications over the home button registers the home button press as a unique action still. I guess it was unrelated to the other touch screen issues.

maverick_hunter

Aug 19, 2011
Los Angeles
strange .. sending mms by WiFi
never heard of that before

Let me rephrase that; I didn't mean that I couldn't send MMS over WiFi. I meant that my mobile data would not turn on to send the message. On my current ROM, and every other ROM I've ever used, mobile data would turn on to send/receive an MMS when connected to WiFi, then turn back off once it's done.

Sent from my HTC One S.

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
Touch Screen/Buttons issue doesn't look to be fixed with the new boot image.

Dragging down the notifications over the home button registers the home button press as a unique action still. I guess it was unrelated to the other touch screen issues.

You know you don't have to drag the notification curtain all the way to the bottom don't you?

Normally about half way down the screen is sufficient...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
Let me rephrase that; I didn't mean that I couldn't send MMS over WiFi. I meant that my mobile data would not turn on to send the message. On my current ROM, and every other ROM I've ever used, mobile data would turn on to send/receive an MMS when connected to WiFi, then turn back off once it's done.

Sent from my HTC One S.

I don't have a mms plan and never use them. Hard to test... Post a logcat to pastebin and share the link.

Sent from my HTC One S

madstitz

Feb 13, 2010
I have a problem with alpha14+touchscreen fix boot.img:
Sometimes when I jump into an app through a notification (like gtalk, gmail), android crashes and restarts (not a full reboot, radio seems to stay connected, so no PIN prompt etc.).
Could this be related to the extra 47mb of RAM given with alpha14?

I know I should provide a logcat, but it's hard to reproduce...

pyrocide

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Having an issue.

Started with trebuchet crashing, some apps crashing, the notification drawer crashing, phone rebooting blah blah so i decided to completely wipe the phone and start from scratch.

Reset to factory, wiped dalvik, reflashed the boot.img. Phone reboots into CWM so i can reflash the alpha14 and SD card cannot be mounted.

Rebooted the phone, got into CM9 and the i get a notification that says "SD Card is Safe to Remove." Go into storage and try mounting the SD card and every time i click the button it says the same thing, "SD card is safe to remove".

Anyone got any suggestions?

hansthegeek

Nov 28, 2011
Cologne
Having an issue.

Started with trebuchet crashing, some apps crashing, the notification drawer crashing, phone rebooting blah blah so i decided to completely wipe the phone and start from scratch.

Reset to factory, wiped dalvik, reflashed the boot.img. Phone reboots into CWM so i can reflash the alpha14 and SD card cannot be mounted.

Rebooted the phone, got into CM9 and the i get a notification that says "SD Card is Safe to Remove." Go into storage and try mounting the SD card and every time i click the button it says the same thing, "SD card is safe to remove".

Anyone got any suggestions?

Have you tried to format the sd card?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630459

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
Is it possible to get the stock camera features into CM9? Like the continous shooting for a series of pictures to choose the best one.

Keep up the good work!!!

this was merged today, will be in the next release...
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/18546/

I have a problem with alpha14+touchscreen fix boot.img:
Sometimes when I jump into an app through a notification (like gtalk, gmail), android crashes and restarts (not a full reboot, radio seems to stay connected, so no PIN prompt etc.).
Could this be related to the extra 47mb of RAM given with alpha14?

I know I should provide a logcat, but it's hard to reproduce...

Ram hack reverted...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About this ROM
    Community effort to bring CyanogenMod to the HTC One S aka Ville.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    This is no finished rom!
    It has bugs and issues that still need to be fixed.

CM10
    See this thread for CM10 development

IMPORTANT
    Please make sure that boot.img is flashed correctly.
    If in doubt, check kernel version in settings. Build date should always match rom date.

Description
    This release contains the latest cm fixes and some backported CM10 changes like new GPS libs which are a lot more power efficient.

Changes
    • New GPS libs
    • Backported Jellybean changes
    • Latest CM changes

• New kernel, make sure you flash boot.img
    • Latest CM changes

• Configurable button layout

• Changed button layout
    • Merged latest cm changes

• Fixed Touchscreen
    • Reverted Kernel Memory Hack
    • Merged latest cm changes

alpha 14
    • Fixed LPA Volume
    • Kernel tweaks (lower sleep frequency, more memory)

Working
    • Configurable hardware buttons [20120716]
    • Touchscreen [20120708]
    • LPA Volume [alpha14]
    • Low Power Audio (LPA) [alpha13]
    • RILD should start properly [alpha12]
    • Wifi-Tethering [alpha11]
    • Camcorder, mostly (720p, 480p, no 1080p) [alpha10]
    • USB Tethering [alpha9]
    • Fixed data loss on reboot [alpha8]
    • Notification LED (we just have red OR green) [alpha7]
    • Audio routing [alpha6]
    • Front Camera [alpha5]
    • Torch [alpha5]
    • In-Call Echo gone [alpha4]
    • Bluetooth [alpha3]
    • Camera [alpha2]
    • Radio
    • Sound
    • Wifi

Known issues
    • Camcorder is unstable, videos may be corrupted
    • Panorama mode crashes the camera
    • Wifi calling not available

Instructions
    • Download or build from source
    • Download gapps
      Recommended
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • wipe unless you're upgrading from an earlier release
    • flash rom in recovery
    • flash gapps in recovery

Downloads
    • intervigil on [github]
    • xkonni on [github]
    • All versions & Changelog [here]
    • Also available on GooManager & RomManager
    • Latest gapps (ics-20120429) on [goo-inside.me]

Contact
    irc-channel #cyanogenmod-ville on irc.freenode.net

Credits & Thanks (in no particular order)
    • The whole cyanogenmod team
    • intervigil
    • #cyanogenmod irc channel
    • #virtuousrom irc channel
    • everybody in #cyanogenmod-ville irc channel

Additional Information
    Hello everyone!

Today I have create an article with a full review about the CM9!

Here it is:

http://flow-wolf-one.blogspot.fr/2012/07/one-s-cyanogenmod-9-full-review.html

You can also see the video recorded for this rom:

http://youtu.be/dHrYeJrYW5U

Enjoy :D

and thanks the dev for his job :D

Something more recent than Alpha 5

DevliegereM made some pretty nice banners:

cid-user.png

cid-user2.png

cid-user3.png
    Please do NOT post Thanks..... Instead, press the Thanks button
    Found the issue with sound and building alpha14 with some more kernel changes.

Early fix is in the attachment.
    Code:
    unzip audio-fix.zip
    adb remount
    adb push audio.primary.msm8960.so /system/lib/hw
    adb reboot

Sorry for the troubles!
    Touchscreen fix available as a boot.img

-> http://ville.giev.de/
    The "unlock with menu-button" function doesnt work since the latest update.

Greets

Love your port ;)

That's because the button is now APP_SWITCH.

Uploaded a new version with configurable button layout.

As the changed button layout in last update apparently wasn't taken so well, I merged two patches from gerrit to make it configurable.
    The configuration is in Settings -> System -> Hardware keys. "Show action overflow" checkbox enables the menu key in ICS-Apps, if you mapped a key to menu or not.

Hope you like this better and thanks a lot to Phil for this patch!