Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Update Caused Unrooting, Cannot Reroot, Please Help

OP hoopsgators

12th April 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So my droid razr updated today and it appears to have unrooted itself. I have tried running doomlord's unroot program followed by his root program to re-root my phone and it has failed. Additionally, some of the apps that come stock are not located in the apps menu anymore. Prior to the update, I used Titanium to freeze (not remove) these apps and neglected to unfreeze them before the update. These same apps cannot be unfrozen now because I don't have access to titanium because my phone has become unrooted. Please help. If you require more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

-Hoops
12th April 2012, 08:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 53

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsgators

So my droid razr updated today and it appears to have unrooted itself. I have tried running doomlord's unroot program followed by his root program to re-root my phone and it has failed. Additionally, some of the apps that come stock are not located in the apps menu anymore. Prior to the update, I used Titanium to freeze (not remove) these apps and neglected to unfreeze them before the update. These same apps cannot be unfrozen now because I don't have access to titanium because my phone has become unrooted. Please help. If you require more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

-Hoops

What software version are you on now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
12th April 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
system version: 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US
android version: 2.3.6
12th April 2012, 09:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

75 posts
Did you try this? Worked like a charm for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread