Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update Caused Unrooting, Cannot Reroot, Please Help

Tip us?

hoopsgators
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update Caused Unrooting, Cannot Reroot, Please Help

So my droid razr updated today and it appears to have unrooted itself. I have tried running doomlord's unroot program followed by his root program to re-root my phone and it has failed. Additionally, some of the apps that come stock are not located in the apps menu anymore. Prior to the update, I used Titanium to freeze (not remove) these apps and neglected to unfreeze them before the update. These same apps cannot be unfrozen now because I don't have access to titanium because my phone has become unrooted. Please help. If you require more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

-Hoops

speedy0339
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsgators View Post
So my droid razr updated today and it appears to have unrooted itself. I have tried running doomlord's unroot program followed by his root program to re-root my phone and it has failed. Additionally, some of the apps that come stock are not located in the apps menu anymore. Prior to the update, I used Titanium to freeze (not remove) these apps and neglected to unfreeze them before the update. These same apps cannot be unfrozen now because I don't have access to titanium because my phone has become unrooted. Please help. If you require more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

-Hoops
What software version are you on now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
HTC Hero > HTC Evo > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Apple iPhone 4s > Droid Razr MAXX > Samsung Galaxy S3

Gaming Rig:
Processor: Core i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX 570 SC
HDD: 128GB Vertex 4 SSD with windows on it, 60gb Vertex 2 for games, 500gb 7200rpm for everything else
PSU: Thermaltake 850 watt
Case: Thermaltake Element T
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

hoopsgators
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
system version: 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US
android version: 2.3.6

Mataraty
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Did you try this? Worked like a charm for me.