[Q] Screen flickering during boot.

Search This thread

tristan202

Nov 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
If there already are threads about this, please direct me to them instead of flaming. I have searched through the forums without finding anything.

I got my 10.1 WiFi about a month ago, and can't figure out why this is happening, and if it is happening to anyone else. Every ICS rom I install makes the screen flicker during boot, and it will continue to flicker until I turn off the screen, and then back on. After that there are no problems at all. I had the same issue when I install CWM recovery. I had to try 3-4 different ones, before I found one that didn't flicker.

It seems to me, that it might be kernel related, but I am not sure.

Any input is welcome.

hylde

Feb 13, 2010
Auckland
If there already are threads about this, please direct me to them instead of flaming. I have searched through the forums without finding anything.

I got my 10.1 WiFi about a month ago, and can't figure out why this is happening, and if it is happening to anyone else. Every ICS rom I install makes the screen flicker during boot, and it will continue to flicker until I turn off the screen, and then back on. After that there are no problems at all. I had the same issue when I install CWM recovery. I had to try 3-4 different ones, before I found one that didn't flicker.

Any input is welcome.

Same here, even 3.2 ROMs flickering for me :(. The only one that doesn't flick is Task ROM

hylde

Feb 13, 2010
Auckland

Any input is welcome.

Hey man, just got this sorted out :)

Try to follow this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1555984
Key part is that we need to unroot our tabs with North America stock. I think our "Non-NA" stock ROMs weren't really "unlocked" that's why custom kernel won't work well on them.

Super happy now with CM9 + latest pershoot kernel + latest CWM, smooth no flickering :D

Happy unrooting !

BiNuDroid

Apr 29, 2012
Make nand backup (if recovery flickers use rommanager)
Save it to PC
Wipe everything
Flash P7510UEKMP_P7510XABKMP_XAB.tar.md5 with odin
Reboot
Wipe everything again
Flash recovery.tar.md5 with odin
Reboot
Put this http://www.shabbypenguin.com/users/s0ckm0nk3y/android/acs/galaxytab10.1/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip to storage
Put nand backup to storage
flash the zip
Reboot
Restore nand

Finisch! You can now flash another recovery and any other rom without flicker
In fact there is no way to get the flickering back^^

Files you can get here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1555984

Last edited:

cobrax2

Aug 17, 2007
ive had the same rolling screen during boot, but recovered with those instructions.
now i have another kind of problem:
roms flash ok, cwm is ok, boot is ok. but when i get to the desktop, if the device goes into standby, ot if i put it in standby withthe power button, when i wake it up, again a rolling screen, but much faster this time!
anyone had this problem before?
only happens on 3.2 custom roms. on the official one its ok, on cm9 from droidbasement its ok
any ideeas?
thanks

cobrax2

Aug 17, 2007
here it is a pic of what it looks like
s27aya.jpg

any ideeas?
thank you

Galanthein

May 20, 2012
Hello all.

I have the exact same problem as tristan202 which is

Every ICS rom I install makes the screen flicker during boot, and it will continue to flicker until I turn off the screen, and then back on. After that there are no problems at all.

I am sorry but i think that solutions bringed by "hylde" is not related to this problem but to another problem, through very similar, in clockwork recovery tool : same flickering screen.
I used the link, 2 weeks ago to solve this problem, using 5.5.0.4 version.

But the original thread problem is still unsolved. I tried other ICS roms but with same problem. I'd also like to keep root access.

Thanks to all

Panos_dm

Jan 26, 2011
here it is a pic of what it looks like
s27aya.jpg

any ideeas?
thank you

Well, I have almost the same problem. I am on overcome's rom, and I have a screen similar to yours. It is static, not rolling and it happens only once after reboot for two-three seconds before the lockscreen. After that it is ok, even when I lock the screen. Flashed again but nothing. I haven't found anything about that. Oh well. It may be weird but I can live with it. Has anyone encountered something like that before?

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
I posted this in Task 14 Thread!

Edit//// In response to cobrax2's waking up from screen off!\\\\Edit

I had the same problem I fixed it like this!

The default kernel does not work for some of us, you are now one of us!
Mwahahahahahahahaha!

sorry!

Download

HC 3.2:
10.1-Wifi, Touchwiz UX (OTA, GT-P7510):
boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip:
Download: boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip

From

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2479

Put it at the Root of your tab and reboot into recovery, then flash that zip file!

You should be good to go!

If not then you will have to flash back to stock kernel listed at the bottom of the second post or just re flash the Rom your choice, this will be nessesary if you flashed another kernel, Then go back and flash boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip then you will be GTG!

Oh ya it took me 3 hours to figure this out for my self Your welcome! ------------------------------------------>

Last edited:
Reactions: itsmix

cobrax2

Aug 17, 2007

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

sorry!

Download

HC 3.2:

From

Put it at the Root of your tab and reboot into recovery, then flash that zip file!

If not then you will have to flash back to stock kernel listed at the bottom of the second post or just re flash the Rom your choice, this will be nessesary if you flashed another kernel, Then go back and flash boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip then you will be GTG!

Oh ya it took me 3 hours to figure this out for my self Your welcome! ------------------------------------------>

thanks for the reply, ill try this as soon as i find a bit of free time :)

Reactions: bugs9477

Galanthein

May 20, 2012
Regarding tristan202 and mine problem (flickering boot screen which stops when we press two times the power button), i tried the nightly builds 19/05 and 22/05 of Cyanogen Mod without solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I posted this in Task 14 Thread!

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

sorry!

Download

HC 3.2:

From

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

sorry!

Download

HC 3.2:

From

thanks for the reply, ill try this as soon as i find a bit of free time :)