Post Reply

{Recovery} FreeXperia - Xperia S [12.04.2012]

OP Bin4ry

19th September 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #51  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
@binary

Is it possible or easy to create a system bootable recovery only?

As you managed to root the phone without flashing a custom kernel, it would be very useful for those who want recovery in a rooted phone with latest stock kernel.
19th September 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #52  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,217
 
4,705 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakwhite

@binary

Is it possible or easy to create a system bootable recovery only?

As you managed to root the phone without flashing a custom kernel, it would be very useful for those who want recovery in a rooted phone with latest stock kernel.

There is a version of CWM for locked bootloaders already.
9th October 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Exclamation Stuck at CWM
I installed this CWM and now I'm stuck at it. I didn't know that I have to put the ROM to the SD BEFORE I flash this CWM. So I cannot boot my Xperia to Android, only to CWM. And my Windows 7 wont recognize this phone anymore (it shows MTP USB device but it is unable to install the drivers).

What to do?
9th October 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #54  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran-ton

I installed this CWM and now I'm stuck at it. I didn't know that I have to put the ROM to the SD BEFORE I flash this CWM. So I cannot boot my Xperia to Android, only to CWM. And my Windows 7 wont recognize this phone anymore (it shows MTP USB device but it is unable to install the drivers).

What to do?

Mount storage in cwm and you might copy a flashable zip rom to the sd and flash it.
6th November 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Recovery X tool or Binary recovery
Hi guys

I want to flash Erachter ROM v5 , but in the instruction say to install binary recovery.

I have already installed CMW using Recovery X tool by LEDdelete.

Do i need to install binary recovery to flash Erachter ROM or use the existing CMW recovery to flash the rom.

Need help here.

Thanks
13th November 2012, 12:35 PM   |  #56  
geek_seeds's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
after flashing this recovery my XS die
can't boot, can't enter fasboot
any solution ?
unlocked bootloader condition
23rd November 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #57  
huzz's Avatar
Senior Member
AlAin
Thanks Meter: 65
 
408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
Is it possible to get a CWM flashable version of this recovery, for those of us who want to get back to this recovery since it usually fixes all issues and don't have access to a pc at the time?
26th November 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #58  
mirhl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 630
 
1,762 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
is this the recovery used in the CM10/CM9 ?
30th November 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #59  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzz

Is it possible to get a CWM flashable version of this recovery, for those of us who want to get back to this recovery since it usually fixes all issues and don't have access to a pc at the time?

I also, would love to see that (for the same reasons) if it is possible
9th December 2012, 10:57 AM   |  #60  
Junior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Stuck in CWM, unable to Mount storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakwhite

Mount storage in cwm and you might copy a flashable zip rom to the sd and flash it.

Hi,

I flashed this recovery using fastboot, but did not follow that with the kernel.sin

Now my device is stuck in recovery.

I cannot mount my storage (Error: Unable to open ums lunfile)

Is there a way to switch off the mobile now? Or should I wait till battery dies and then boot into fastboot?

Edit:
[SOLVED]:

Found that you cannot enable USB Storage from this recovery if stuck in this kind of situation (no system image flashed)

Only solution is to try and get into Fastboot. Before you try the key combos, keep a command line ready with "fastboot flash boot kernel.sin"

When you get the <Waiting for device> message, do the following:

1. Remove USB cable
2. from CWM menu, go to one line below the Reboot option, press and hold volume UP button (after pressing vol up, "reboot" option should now be highlighted)
3. Press power button and simultaneously insert USB cable
4. Blue led should glow and flashing should start in your CMD line

Repeat if unsuccessful. You can also try using FlashTool for this.

Phew. Cheers.
Last edited by ArvoTroN; 9th December 2012 at 11:57 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArvoTroN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia S Android Development by ThreadRank