Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Evo 3D] Android 4.0 Update Discussion Thread [News/Rumors/Info] [WORKING LEAK]

Tip us?

Drug_Store
Old
Thanks Meter 47
This is sad.... ICS might come... No one knows when

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using xda premium
Drug_Store GSM - Portugal
www.drugstore.gsmhosting.net

Pranja
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
My friend works in T-Mobile,and he asked few people about ICS for EVO 3D and he got information it will be in July.

But,it is not clear if that is launch date of ICS for EVO 3D, launch date for T-Mobile ICS or just the time when T-Mobile will get ICS to brand it.

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
My friend works in T-Mobile,and he asked few people about ICS for EVO 3D and he got information it will be in July.

But,it is not clear if that is launch date of ICS for EVO 3D, launch date for T-Mobile ICS or just the time when T-Mobile will get ICS to brand it.
Yeah probably will be that time when the gsm ICS will be released.

troyboytn
Old
Thanks Meter 584
I have had 4 HTC phones in a row now. I'm content with the great 2.17 GB roms we have now but if the 3d doesn't get ICS until July, I will never purchase another HTC no matter what the specs may be.

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
Meh I honestly think part of the problem with us getting it so late is this is probably the hardest phone to program for with such a HUGE change from gb to ics I mean they have two cameras and 3d display to make work those two items have to be a pita to code for even with resources on hand

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10
The Following User Says Thank You to ckoadiyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

retnuh730
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoadiyn View Post
Meh I honestly think part of the problem with us getting it so late is this is probably the hardest phone to program for with such a HUGE change from gb to ics I mean they have two cameras and 3d display to make work those two items have to be a pita to code for even with resources on hand

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
But us and the Sensation are the same phone except we have 1GB ram and an extra camera. There shouldn't be THAT much to handle as opposed to the Sensation. THe only reason it's taking this long is the One X coming out. We're the same hardware as the Sensation, which has ICS.

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh730 View Post
But us and the Sensation are the same phone except we have 1GB ram and an extra camera. There shouldn't be THAT much to handle as opposed to the Sensation. THe only reason it's taking this long is the One X coming out. We're the same hardware as the Sensation, which has ICS.
how would you feel if you owned the Rezound which came out after the 3D and didn't get your ICS update till after it?...they have too many devices to support thats the problem. it takes a TON of time to do to their liking and make sure its all good to go...

retnuh730
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
how would you feel if you owned the Rezound which came out after the 3D and didn't get your ICS update till after it?...they have too many devices to support thats the problem. it takes a TON of time to do to their liking and make sure its all good to go...
Or its the politics of updating the EVO in a Sprint environment that wants everyone to move to the next big phone as opposed to waiting for their own phone to get the update? The 3D is just a line of code HTC has to add but yet they make us wait. It's all a game to sell more phones of HTC and Sprint, believe that.

notsointeresting
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
My problem is not the length of the update, my problem is that they are not , along with most other oems, keeping us up to date on the progress. All they say is "coming soon" or "later this year". If they would at least make a half assed effort to communicate then it'd put a lot of people a little more at ease

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Follow me on Google+
Follow me on Twitter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to notsointeresting For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh730 View Post
Or its the politics of updating the EVO in a Sprint environment that wants everyone to move to the next big phone as opposed to waiting for their own phone to get the update? The 3D is just a line of code HTC has to add but yet they make us wait. It's all a game to sell more phones of HTC and Sprint, believe that.
has NOTHING to do with that...people that bought the 3D can't buy the LTE device unless they pay full price or are using their last premier gold upgrade...the # included in that last group are likely slim too...With yearly upgrades to everyone I can see the logic in doing it that way. But with that gone it makes no sense...Esp since you can't go buy a 3D anymore at dirt cheap since its EOL so as a new customer its either buy the new LTE or get some totally different phone, which doesn't matter b/c your a new customer and it makes no difference what you purchase long as you sign the contract for 2yrs...thats all they care about.

So really 3D owners are meaningless to them now if they have ICS or not b/c them having ICS isn't going to stop them from upgrading and re-signing a new contract b/c for the most part they can't....less they are premier gold and using their last yearly upgrade...

The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evo 3d, ice cream sandwich, leak, official, ruu