[Evo 3D] Android 4.0 Update Discussion Thread [News/Rumors/Info] [WORKING LEAK]

Search This thread

antiword

Nov 17, 2010
Also comfirmed on operationandroid.com/content/htc-releases-ice-cream-sandwich-roadmap/31312701 :D

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using XDA

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
I hope you were on Virgin Mobile, because if you just flashed the VM firmware linked in the OP to your Sprint evo3d, you now have what was known as the Virgin Mobile virus...ie VM banner and other radio/mms issues. Very difficult to fix too.

Its always better to run the appropriate ruu or official ota update if available (they are). The links in the open should be removed/updated to prevent someone from flashing to the wrong phone version.

Sent from my "Up all night, sleep all day" HP CM9 Touchpad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At least a leak or a "We are hoping to have it out by **/**/** but we're not sure.

I see that you've never held a job in a software company before. Doing this would be suicide unless they already have it finished.

Do you people really think there is some sort of conspiracy and they are just holding it back to piss us off? Are you that ignorant? They will release it when its done, and they want it to be finished just as much as we do.
    From Australia Optus website, ICS for EVO 3D in June

http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/102
    Lol typical yanks think they are the only ones on the planet although we have been here 1000% times longer.. Who gives a **** about American networks....
    News flash: there will be far more unbranded evo 3d's in the wild! Like mine......

Int
    Sent via smoke signals

We "yanks" give a **** about our networks and some of us do care about about those other than Americans....me included. Also, I'll bet if the numbers can be found, you would see there are twice as many CDMA 3ds than GSM......

And seriously? What purpose did this remark even serve! Just goes to show that Americans are not the only ones that can be asses.....
    The one thing that is for certain is the same people that keep making these ridiculous threads are going to be the same people that make threads complaining about ICS when it comes out!
    After this phone, i'll never buy an htc again. The stock rom is smooth like the one i had on my Legend (2 years ago).
    Dual core processor lagging with two widget and a static background means that they didn't work on optimization at all.

I agree, i'm so let down by this phone. I'm really considering going to a nexus s to get me by until i have an upgrade again. Thats what i was gonna buy anyway but the sprint store guy talked me into my evo3d

Agreed. I might just go for SGSIII when its out since HTC made ICS take this long.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

These posts amuse me.

"Meh, I don't like HTC anymore because they don't give me an update! Meh!"

"Herp Derp, I'll never buy another HTC phone, because everyone else gets updates first!"

Do you take the time to understand that the EVO 3D isn't exactly like EVERY OTHER PHONE out there? First of all, it's on Sprint. Sprint will get the update months in advance, and will sit on it to add their stuff to it and/or release it when they feel it needs to be released. Second, it's a 3D phone. It requires just a little more work than your every day smartphone with only a single rear-facing camera. You don't see the LG Thrill (the other 3D smartphone competitor) with Ice Cream Sandwich, do ya?

I'm just as unhappy with the turn around of getting the update as the next person, but do you really think that buying another phone, or going with another brand all together, is really going to hurt HTC? There are people out there right now that bought the EVO 3D, and have absolutely no idea what ICS is, or could even care. Business still goes on as usual.

</rant>