Complete Kindle fire app for nook and other android devices

Search This thread

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey
This will work on any android tablet or phone.
Do this from your device.
1) If you dont already have it download es file explorer.
2Here is the dropbox link to the zip with the apks: Kindle fire app apks
3)Extract the folder or unzip it. Inside the zip you will find system apks and the amazon app store,amazon mp3 store,amzon kindle, and amazon instant video. Install all of the apks.
5) Install "com.amazon.kindle.otter-20075-2.75-65666d03259704bd-CDZvVy-164.apk" if you do it using your tablet it will just say launcher.
6) Now download the nook color app manager and install it in order to add it to your nooks homescreen.(normal android devices are
skip this step.The silk browser is below.

If you would like amazon silk you need to be rooted (I dont recomend this because it will require you to root your tablet which will disable amazon instant video)
Download and install these two apps
root explorer and vodoo ota root keeper.
download this zip silk.
step 1) Go to root explorer and go to where you downloaded your zip to. This may be on your nook tablet /mnt/media/my files/my downloads and find the zip. unzip it or extract it to the same my downloads folder.
step 2) Then you will need to go to the apps folder in the extracted silk folder and long press one of the apks. a popup menu will apear. click copy. The click the back button or the ... (it may varie) and work your way back to the mnt directory. Click on the system folder now instead of media. Now select the app folder.( Be very careful not to alter your system files it will be permanent. However there is a fix. just pm or email me if something goes wrong.) On the top right of the screen there should be a white or greyish button. It should say Mount R/W. Click that and you will see it change to Mount R/O. On the bottom of the screen click paste.
step 3) Do this to each apk inside the silk/system/apps folder. (There are only three of them)
step 4) Go back to the extracted silk folder folder and instead of the app folder click the lib folder. Do the same process for each of the four libs. However instead of pasting them inside of the system/appfolder paste them into the system/lib folder.
step 5)When your done exit out of root explorer and go back to es file explorer. In there you go back to the silk folder and in the app folder install the three apks. Next, reboot your device.
step 6) You arent done go to the launcher apk and silk should be working and there is a noticable speed difference from the stock nt browser.
FINAL STEP) Since you have a rooted device amazon instant video will not allow you to playback vdeo.Thats where vodoo ota root keeper come in to help. You can easily unroot your device and restore the root quickly. unroot it when you want to watch a video and restore the root when you do need it which should not be very often. Now you are completely done. Go to each of the shortcuts on your kindlefire homescreen and sign into your amazon account.

I f you need help contact me and I will walk you through it Email or pm me anytime.

The kindle fire is basically a launcher and then amazon kindle apk, amazon app store apk, framework, amazon mp3, amazon INSTANT VIDEO apk, and the silk browser anlso known as com.cloud.9.apk, and the silk browser's libs.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE TRYING TO HAVE THE SILK BROWSER AND AMAZON INSANT VIDEO RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME?
To place the libs in the system/lib folder you will need to root your tablet and use root explorer and install the com.cloud.9.apk(silk browser).
This contridicts the amazon prime instant video because you will need to be unrooted in order playback video otherwise you will get an error message "your device is no longer configured properly..bla.bla.blaa"
However the fix for this would be to either someone make a signed zip with the silk browsers libs and apk that you could install using cwm (boot from sd card) or us voodo ota root keeper. That is suppose to let you backup your root on the sd card and temporarily unroot your device. I HAVE TRIED TO UNROOT AND THE AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO STILL DIDNT WORK, SO I HAD TO DO THE ACCLAIM UPDATE ZIP TO RESTORE BACK TO STOCK(THE ULTIMATE UNROOT). Some people got theirs to unroot so it may varie. I CHOSE Amazon Instant video over the silk browser bexause I had found someones kindle fire setup apk(or whatever its called find it) and it said welcome to kindle fire and when I made my amazon account I still got the one month free of prime. Its more valuable than silk untill the trial ends and i could just do the regristration apk again. I will post a list of all the apks you will need and a download link for the folder including all of the apks and files.
Note- Do not install the amazon silk com.cloud.9.apk until you use the rootexplorer to move the four libs to the system/lib folder and the 3 apks to the system/apps directory. Make sure you mount and then unmount when finished. Delete those files if you will do a system reset or something goes wrong.
Also for those who really could care less about amazon instant video you could still use the setup/regristation app (please post the name or apk) to get the free month of prime and use the nooks web browser to go to amazon.com and go to instant video for streaming through the web browser. Then you could still have your root. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT WITH THE AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO APP YOU WILL NEED TO UNROOT HOWEVER IF YOU KEEP THE ROOT YOU CAN STILL STREAM IN THE BROWSER BY SIGNING IN?

If you dont have problems with the unrooting then after you move silks libs ana apks to the system/lib and system/app directory then just unroot and you can install the instant video apk and have the whole kindle fire interface.

THE REASON WHY I SAID ITS A KINDLE FIRE APP WAS THAT THE LAUNCHER APK IS THE HOME SCREEN OF THE KINDLE FIRE AND FROM THERE THE NEWSTAND! BOOKS! MUSIC! VIDEO! APPS! AND WEB ARE ALL SHORTCUTS TO THE APKS. THATS IT AND IF YOU USE THE NOOK COLOR APP MANAGER YOU COULD ADD THE APP CALLED LAUNCHER TO THE HOMESCREEN.JUST PRESS THE LAUNCHER APP(THE ICON IS A PICTURE OF A KINDLE FIRE WITH THE ORANGE KINDLE LOGO ACROSS IT)And youll have a kindle fire on your nook tablet no dual booting or flashing needed.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS POST OR EMAIL ME @tyriekgo1@aol.com or pm.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium

Last edited:

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334273895929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334273895929.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3,087

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334276405293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334276405293.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,026
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334276417098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334276417098.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,892
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334276437614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334276437614.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,983
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334276448362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334276448362.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,516

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334320560248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334320560248.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,447
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334320572304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334320572304.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,258
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334320582125.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334320582125.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,241

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey
Its the launcher apk in the kindle fires system os. It will only be a woden bookshelf if you dont get the amazon apps then the shortcuts will work and the carosel will work. Also it doesnt just look like a kindle fire it basicaly is one without the kindle fire kindle app. I will post the dropbox link for a folder with all of the apks. Then I will post the silk browsers apks and libs and root explorer apk so you could have silk browser also. And I will post the kindle fire setup apk or whatever its called so you could get the first month of amazon prime for free.
The final apk would be the nook color app manager so you could add the launcher apk to your homescreen.
Also you will need vodoo ota root keeper if you root your tablet. If you are not rooted then you cant get the silk browser.

Can anyone post a signed zip with the silk browser or com.amazon.cloud.9 apks and libs files so you could use cwm to push it to the tablet without root. I will edit the main post with a simple setup for rooted and unrooted nook tablets.
I will post the dropbox links later on.

tyriekgo

Apr 12, 2012
NewJersey
They wont let me upload the full screenshots from my nt. It actually looks very sharp. The nook app icons will be pixilated but anything you get from amazon will look sharp on the carosel.uploadfromtaptalk1334429367267.jpg

todd3835

Feb 13, 2008
I opened this thread just to check it out. I really had no plans to get the Fire apps on my Nook, but wanted to peek. I'm really glad I did. I'm new to the Nook Tablet, and was unhappy that when I rooted, my sideloaded apps couldn't be added to the nook screen. I'm a longtime Android user, and consider myself a power user. That said, I want to say THANK YOU for posting the Nook Color App Manager. It is such a awesome little app! Can't believe I'd never seen it mentioned on the root threads. It's a shame that they include a seperate launcher and not that as well. I'm all for choice, but not including it seems like a HUGE oversight!

rachelm920

Apr 12, 2011
Hartford, CT
I am actually going to try this with my Kindle Fire... I have CM9 on it currently and would love to have the carousel and bookshelf back, as well as the Amazon videos since I'm a prime member!!

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Does this have kindle owners lending library

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

if you find something I posted helpful please thank me

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
I just stumbled on to this thread. I dont use my nook tablet much because my girlfriend is always on it. I am interested in doing this mod because my nt has some major motion lag. I am currently running 1.4.2 rooted with dual home screen, nook/adw launcher android. Would i have to go back to stock setup?

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
i just tried this on my galaxy nexus and it didnt seem to work

anyone else have luck getting the kindle owners lending library (koll) to work?

Don't know much about koll but shouldn't it work through the kindle app? Why would you have to create a virtual kf to share?

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

ltredbeard

Apr 7, 2011
Don't know much about koll but shouldn't it work through the kindle app? Why would you have to create a virtual kf to share?

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

it only works on kindle devices but i thought that if i was running these apps (including the launcher) it would trick amazon lol

maybe it does and i did it wrong.....

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
Well I just did this to my nook and its kind of cool. I dont currently have any amazon accts so got to get that set. It was a pretty easy process and thanks to OP for great detailed instructions. My only question is when I press the home button I get four option nook, adw launcher, kindle launcher and another kindle provision? It fc's on me

Reactions: megaghostgamer

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
Same thing happens to me.. i think its what nook does with a launcher, it blocks the other one and keeps it own launcher. Thats why devs createdhome catcher.. so i guess thats what it is.. i love these apps! Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will work on any android tablet or phone.
    Do this from your device.
    1) If you dont already have it download es file explorer.
    2Here is the dropbox link to the zip with the apks: Kindle fire app apks
    3)Extract the folder or unzip it. Inside the zip you will find system apks and the amazon app store,amazon mp3 store,amzon kindle, and amazon instant video. Install all of the apks.
    5) Install "com.amazon.kindle.otter-20075-2.75-65666d03259704bd-CDZvVy-164.apk" if you do it using your tablet it will just say launcher.
    6) Now download the nook color app manager and install it in order to add it to your nooks homescreen.(normal android devices are
    skip this step.The silk browser is below.

If you would like amazon silk you need to be rooted (I dont recomend this because it will require you to root your tablet which will disable amazon instant video)
    Download and install these two apps
    root explorer and vodoo ota root keeper.
    download this zip silk.
    step 1) Go to root explorer and go to where you downloaded your zip to. This may be on your nook tablet /mnt/media/my files/my downloads and find the zip. unzip it or extract it to the same my downloads folder.
    step 2) Then you will need to go to the apps folder in the extracted silk folder and long press one of the apks. a popup menu will apear. click copy. The click the back button or the ... (it may varie) and work your way back to the mnt directory. Click on the system folder now instead of media. Now select the app folder.( Be very careful not to alter your system files it will be permanent. However there is a fix. just pm or email me if something goes wrong.) On the top right of the screen there should be a white or greyish button. It should say Mount R/W. Click that and you will see it change to Mount R/O. On the bottom of the screen click paste.
    step 3) Do this to each apk inside the silk/system/apps folder. (There are only three of them)
    step 4) Go back to the extracted silk folder folder and instead of the app folder click the lib folder. Do the same process for each of the four libs. However instead of pasting them inside of the system/appfolder paste them into the system/lib folder.
    step 5)When your done exit out of root explorer and go back to es file explorer. In there you go back to the silk folder and in the app folder install the three apks. Next, reboot your device.
    step 6) You arent done go to the launcher apk and silk should be working and there is a noticable speed difference from the stock nt browser.
    FINAL STEP) Since you have a rooted device amazon instant video will not allow you to playback vdeo.Thats where vodoo ota root keeper come in to help. You can easily unroot your device and restore the root quickly. unroot it when you want to watch a video and restore the root when you do need it which should not be very often. Now you are completely done. Go to each of the shortcuts on your kindlefire homescreen and sign into your amazon account.

I f you need help contact me and I will walk you through it Email or pm me anytime.

The kindle fire is basically a launcher and then amazon kindle apk, amazon app store apk, framework, amazon mp3, amazon INSTANT VIDEO apk, and the silk browser anlso known as com.cloud.9.apk, and the silk browser's libs.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE TRYING TO HAVE THE SILK BROWSER AND AMAZON INSANT VIDEO RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME?
    To place the libs in the system/lib folder you will need to root your tablet and use root explorer and install the com.cloud.9.apk(silk browser).
    This contridicts the amazon prime instant video because you will need to be unrooted in order playback video otherwise you will get an error message "your device is no longer configured properly..bla.bla.blaa"
    However the fix for this would be to either someone make a signed zip with the silk browsers libs and apk that you could install using cwm (boot from sd card) or us voodo ota root keeper. That is suppose to let you backup your root on the sd card and temporarily unroot your device. I HAVE TRIED TO UNROOT AND THE AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO STILL DIDNT WORK, SO I HAD TO DO THE ACCLAIM UPDATE ZIP TO RESTORE BACK TO STOCK(THE ULTIMATE UNROOT). Some people got theirs to unroot so it may varie. I CHOSE Amazon Instant video over the silk browser bexause I had found someones kindle fire setup apk(or whatever its called find it) and it said welcome to kindle fire and when I made my amazon account I still got the one month free of prime. Its more valuable than silk untill the trial ends and i could just do the regristration apk again. I will post a list of all the apks you will need and a download link for the folder including all of the apks and files.
    Note- Do not install the amazon silk com.cloud.9.apk until you use the rootexplorer to move the four libs to the system/lib folder and the 3 apks to the system/apps directory. Make sure you mount and then unmount when finished. Delete those files if you will do a system reset or something goes wrong.
    Also for those who really could care less about amazon instant video you could still use the setup/regristation app (please post the name or apk) to get the free month of prime and use the nooks web browser to go to amazon.com and go to instant video for streaming through the web browser. Then you could still have your root. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT WITH THE AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO APP YOU WILL NEED TO UNROOT HOWEVER IF YOU KEEP THE ROOT YOU CAN STILL STREAM IN THE BROWSER BY SIGNING IN?

If you dont have problems with the unrooting then after you move silks libs ana apks to the system/lib and system/app directory then just unroot and you can install the instant video apk and have the whole kindle fire interface.

THE REASON WHY I SAID ITS A KINDLE FIRE APP WAS THAT THE LAUNCHER APK IS THE HOME SCREEN OF THE KINDLE FIRE AND FROM THERE THE NEWSTAND! BOOKS! MUSIC! VIDEO! APPS! AND WEB ARE ALL SHORTCUTS TO THE APKS. THATS IT AND IF YOU USE THE NOOK COLOR APP MANAGER YOU COULD ADD THE APP CALLED LAUNCHER TO THE HOMESCREEN.JUST PRESS THE LAUNCHER APP(THE ICON IS A PICTURE OF A KINDLE FIRE WITH THE ORANGE KINDLE LOGO ACROSS IT)And youll have a kindle fire on your nook tablet no dual booting or flashing needed.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS POST OR EMAIL ME @tyriekgo1@aol.com or pm.

Where is the link for this app that makes the nt look like a fire. Just curious.
    Well I just did this to my nook and its kind of cool. I dont currently have any amazon accts so got to get that set. It was a pretty easy process and thanks to OP for great detailed instructions. My only question is when I press the home button I get four option nook, adw launcher, kindle launcher and another kindle provision? It fc's on me

When I Googled with "Nook Color" in my query, this thread came up. I didn't realize it was a Nook Tablet forum. I got too excited in the prospect of it working. Is a device considered rooted if it's bootable from an SD card running a ROM? In the meantime, I'll continue watching in Dolphin Browser, I suppose.

Yes, while running the ROM your are rooted. Like I said though there are apps that can make the device appear unrooted, I just don't know the name since I haven't used one.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium