5,599,478 Members 39,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any chance to convert Android into Windows Mobile?

Tip us?

SAILOR-HB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Any chance to convert Android into Windows Mobile?

in my opinion, Windows Mobile is more powerful than Android. I like WM more than Android because in Android the task management was not so reasonable(it always close applications running at background).

For example, sometimes, i opened some web pages, then received a call, after the call i had to reopen all pages because the browser was closed. if some page was using "post" method, then i had to do the "post" job from the begining; if some page had some text area, such as an email web ui, when the call was coming, all of the text in the textbox was gone.

But in WM, this will never happen.

In fact, I chose XPERIA PLAY only because of its game pad, not Android. If its a WM phone, it must be very very powerful with its hardware configuration.

So, was anybody working for a WM firmware for Xperia Play?

Logseman
Old
Thanks Meter 618

DONATE TO ME
Firstly this falls surely into the Q&A section.

Secondly, there's no Windows Mobile source from which you can build a ROM. While you can flash stuff which originally contained WM with Android (and that is an amazing and extraordinary feat if it is done) the contrary is nigh impossible as there is no source.

XPlay-Swype

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Firstly this falls surely into the Q&A section.

Secondly, there's no Windows Mobile source from which you can build a ROM. While you can flash stuff which originally contained WM with Android (and that is an amazing and extraordinary feat if it is done) the contrary is nigh impossible as there is no source.

XPlay-Swype
You forgot thirdly. Thirdly, why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good device by sticking a Microsoft product on it?

Sent from my R800x using XDA
NetizenMT - Rocking the 'Net since 1986 and STILL a N00b!

Motorola Droid Razr M
Stock Build, latest OTA
(Vastly Debloated and Tweaked... for her pleasure!)
Unlocked Bootloader
Rooted
TWRP 2.6.3
Smooth as Butter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netizenmt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rmriggin
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Nobody feed the troll. I have an HTC titan and a focus s and yet I use the xperia play because I can't get enough Android

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

eksasol
Old
(Last edited by eksasol; 13th April 2012 at 10:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 665
In before the lock.

I think the best solution for you is to get a windows phone and may be a bluetooth controller or with slide out keyboard.

I think there is as much chance of running it on Android as with iOS.

Wait for the official ICS release maybe.

crono141
Old
Thanks Meter 32
4th of all, none of his problems actually exist. Browser doesn't close, post data is not lost, text data is not lost. He's being a fanboy, in the vein of Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis.
R800X with GBTweaked/DooMKernel v02 and 1.5 gb Link2SD

Drakenfall
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by crono141 View Post
4th of all, none of his problems actually exist. Browser doesn't close, post data is not lost, text data is not lost. He's being a fanboy, in the vein of Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis.
Exactly, none of that happens.

And WM more powerful? sure sure..

diohellfire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
however it depends on your opinion, I think to say that Windows Mobile is better than android is because you have not used WM for long, android is almost unlimited, while others seem Mobile OS prison

TLRtheory
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702

DONATE TO ME
Hmm... install the worst UI app you can find, find some way to drastically decrease the performance of everything, and find an app that makes the OS gradually function worse as you install more.

I jest, I jest... I loved my HTC P4550 back in the day, but lets be real

My Technology Web-Blog: http://verytechnical.wordpress.com - Very Technical
My Xperia Play Website: http://xperiaplaygamer.net - Xperia Play Gamer
The Following User Says Thank You to TLRtheory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyrusalmighty
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory View Post
Hmm... install the worst UI app you can find, find some way to drastically decrease the performance of everything, and find an app that makes the OS gradually function worse as you install more.

I jest, I jest... I loved my HTC P4550 back in the day, but lets be real
Ha, ha. Too funny but too true! My last WM phone was the HTC Tilt. I still have it in case anyone ever tried to break-in my house I can throw it at them in self defense. This thing was like a cellphone from the 90's & it weighs a ton when I hold it now. Now It was good for its time but I agree with others that android outperforms WM in everything(and Ios). That problem where you lose something in a textfield that you were typing when a call comes in happens once in a while for me, but I'm doing many things at once. If you are backing out of app, I would copy my text then back out. Google technology syncing (email,calendar,maps,etc) is enough to not even consider WM again. The only thing remotely attractive from WM at this time is the homescreen tiles that they have already ported into some launchers bought at market/play store.

Sent from my ICS KA twizz-elve

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Devices: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4(Root)4.4 SS-Chaos 2.3.0
Minix Neo X7 4.2.2(Root)-Android TV Box
AT&T Sony Xperia Play(Root)4.1 Super JB

You know you wanna Root it, Cmonnn.

Tags
windows mobile, xperia play