Search This thread

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Our renowned dev mike1986 found out that Tegra 3 power management controls are broken in firmware 1.26 and he fixed it in his latest ROM (v1.2.2)

from what i could gather on his thread, Nvidia power control app was placed in a wrong folder

those who have tried this ROM, can you please report your situation now, Heat, battery, performance, flicker and glitches?

Instructions thanks to mike1986
You don't miss NvCPLSvc.odex because NvCPLSvc.apk is not odexed.

1. Download resigned NvCPLSvc - http://xda3.androidrevolution.nl/db_mirror/Others/NvCPLSvc.apk

2. adb push NvCPLSvc.apk /system/app

3. reboot into recovery

4. Clear dalvik-cache

5. Boot system and check if system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex is in data/dalvik-cache

Last edited:

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
Our renowned dev mike1986 found out that Tegra 3 power management controls are broken in firmware 1.26 and he fixed it in his latest ROM (v1.2.2)

from what i could gather on his thread, Nvidia power control app was placed in a wrong folder

those who have tried this ROM, can you please report your situation now, Heat, battery, performance and glitches?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562603

Fixed the power management on my own and it improved my battery life for about 10%-20%. It lasts a little bit more now but still have that battery drain.

Not sure but my old hd2 used less in standby (1-3mah) and my one x around 130mah according to battery monitor widget.
I know it's quadcore and no singelcore but I thought the companion core would save a lot.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Fixed the power management on my own and it improved my battery life for about 10%-20%. It lasts a little bit more now but still have that battery drain.

Not sure but my old hd2 used less in standby (1-3mah) and my one x around 130mah according to battery monitor widget.
I know it's quadcore and no singelcore but I thought the companion core would save a lot.

can you explain how you fixed it on your own? placing the apk in the system/app folder?

jermx

Oct 10, 2009

battery widgets not updated for HOX yet.

Reactions: jonas2295

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Yes exactly.
That's what mike did to fix it. Hope some devs will be able to port some powermanager options etc from the transformer prime

Ymmv but I also had to change permissions to match other files in directory before I noticed effect

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
guys lots of newbies around here so please can someone make a list of what's needed to get this done?

also the effect is only battery so far?

Here you go + permission fix!

Lee!!!!

Ive found out where the missing power management options has gone wrong

For some reason HTC misplaced the .apk and put it in /system/bin instead of system/app

You will find it /system/bin/NvCPLSvc.apk and it needs moving to system/app.

For users who already have LeeDroiD installed, use a file manager with root access and move NvCPLSvc.apk from/system/bin to system/app and reboot.

Reactions: stout0_0 and hamdir

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
lol im the number One X defender on this board if you haven't noticed yet, still this mistake feels so stupid

so no answer yet? do we get power controls in the power menu?

doesn't look like it/ i using leeroids rom, have added the apk and nothing extra appears

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

those who have tried this ROM, can you please report your situation now, Heat, battery, performance, flicker and glitches?

Instructions thanks to mike1986
    You don't miss NvCPLSvc.odex because NvCPLSvc.apk is not odexed.

1. Download resigned NvCPLSvc - http://xda3.androidrevolution.nl/db_mirror/Others/NvCPLSvc.apk

2. adb push NvCPLSvc.apk /system/app

3. reboot into recovery

4. Clear dalvik-cache

5. Boot system and check if system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex is in data/dalvik-cache
    guys lots of newbies around here so please can someone make a list of what's needed to get this done?

Here you go + permission fix!

Lee!!!!

Ive found out where the missing power management options has gone wrong

For some reason HTC misplaced the .apk and put it in /system/bin instead of system/app

You will find it /system/bin/NvCPLSvc.apk and it needs moving to system/app.

For users who already have LeeDroiD installed, use a file manager with root access and move NvCPLSvc.apk from/system/bin to system/app and reboot.

battery widgets not updated for HOX yet.
    can you explain how you fixed it on your own? placing the apk in the system/app folder?
    Just check in the battery monitor app, In the graph you can see a white line which seems as it has a battery drain of 0ma in standby. I see this in every rom I use, even on stock.