Credit To :
* colossus moderator of xperia x8 thanks for permissions
* puppeth13th thanks for xperia x8 toolbox
* Androxyde thanks for flashtool
Rules in this thread :
* do not ask the same question (use the "search this thread" button)
* do not flame in this thread
* if you like this thread click the thanks button
* if you break it, I will announce your name in post #1
General Tools Download For Xperia X8 :
1. PC Companion
3. Xperia X8 Tool Box
4. Stock Rom
- Donut 1.6
- Eclair 2.1
A. How to root xperia x8 donut & eclair :
1. Download Xperia X8 Tool Box from link and extract it to your local disk on your pc.
2. Check USB Debugging & Unknown Sources (Settings >> Applications)
3. Connect your phone to your PC using a data cable (if you have a notification on your phone press back buttons or ignore it)
4. Open x8toolbox.cmd and choose number 1 and then choose "Root"
5. Wait until the x8toolbox work is completed
B. How to install xrecovery or cwm recovery :
1. Connect your phone to your PC using a data cable (if you have a notification on your phone press back buttons or ignore it)
2. Open x8toolbox.cmd and choose number 2 and then choose as you like (eg. free xperia x8 recovery, cwm recovery or dual recovery).
3. Wait until the x8toolbox work is completed
C. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Xperia X8 Donut To Eclair!
1. You need to download Flashtool software from link.
2. You need to download Eclair ROM or Donut ROM from link.
3. After install flashtool make sure you have install gordon gate of the directory that you install flashtool /flashtool/drivers/
4. Extract Eclair ROM or Donut ROM to /flashtool/firmwares/ directory.
Notes: If the file is *.sin you need to create bundle creation before! (see on post #2 for how to create bundle creation) If the file is *.ftf you just have to flash the file directly with the mode flashmode!
6. Wait until preparing for flashing finished and show the notif by flashtool.
7. Turn Off your phone, connect your phone to pc while you press the back button until the LED light turns green and until notice of the flash tool disappears
8. Wait until progress finished!
9. After that turn on your phone! The first boot will take a long time 10-15 minutes! please be patient guys!
10. Enjoy on your new phone!
D. How to Upgrade Xperia X8 with Custom ROM and Stock Kernel
1. You need to download Custom ROM for xperia x8 from Xperia X8 Development section.
2. Choose which you prefer.
3. Copy the CustomROM.zip to your sdcard
4. Reboot phone to your recovery xrecovery or CWM (follow the instructions from the thread that you choose a custom rom)
5. Full Wipe and Wipe Cache Partition
6. Install zip from sdcard
7. Choose a custom zip and choose your CustomROM.zip
8. Wait until installation finished
9. Full wipe again (optional)
if you'll install a custom rom, you must be sure to have :
1. Latest 2.1.1.A.0.6/2.1.1.C.0.0 SE firmware / Baseband: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
2. Unlocked Bootloader for flash custom kernel (optional).