Post Reply

Screen Flicker - Response from HTC

OP jsmith_00

13th April 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
I have had my One X since last week on O2, I have noticed the screen flicker on full brightness. So I decided to contact HTC about this and they told me that there must be a problem with my device and to send it back to O2 and get a new one.

If that true then the new 1.28 OTA will not fix the problems that we myte have and itís a hardware fault 
13th April 2012, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
fletchem's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
What do you class as a flicker? I notice my screen dimming and brightening fairly regularly under artificial light. Is your flickering more regularly?
13th April 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchem

What do you class as a flicker? I notice my screen dimming and brightening fairly regularly under artificial light. Is your flickering more regularly?

Its more like a light strobe effect
13th April 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
You are right. Go and return it for a new one... HTC told me the same!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
13th April 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I'm the same.

Had an undranded One X from phones for you with terrible screen flicker.

I phoned HTC and they said it was def not normal or something that could be fixed with a software update.

I'm just back from exchanging it for a new one and this one is flicker free.
13th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
zerozoneice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168
 
1,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
seems there are different types of screen flickers...

i experienced once something like a bad analog tv reception on a very small rectangular portion in the upper left corner when using the browser. you couldn't figure out what was "underneath" it.

it disappeared the same way it appeared...out of the blue
13th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hi, guys. What do you mean by screen flicker? Im finding that with mine on full brightness it appears as if the backlight part is flickering. Is this what you guys have had? thanks
13th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 44
 
491 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith_00

I have had my One X since last week on O2, I have noticed the screen flicker on full brightness. So I decided to contact HTC about this and they told me that there must be a problem with my device and to send it back to O2 and get a new one.

If that true then the new 1.28 OTA will not fix the problems that we myte have and it’s a hardware fault 

When you say screen flicker is this happening all the time? I mean are you talking on the home screen and in apps or just when things are loading etc...?
Last edited by DazNoonan; 13th April 2012 at 03:44 PM.
13th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #9  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 13,946
 
21,444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozoneice

seems there are different types of screen flickers...

i experienced once something like a bad analog tv reception on a very small rectangular portion in the upper left corner when using the browser. you couldn't figure out what was "underneath" it.

it disappeared the same way it appeared...out of the blue

this is not a flicker this one is the browser glitch

silly game HTC is making us play really....more n more i realize i was stupid not to keep the grey that was running perfectly
Last edited by hamdir; 13th April 2012 at 03:44 PM.
13th April 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 44
 
491 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
I just can't see how it can be hardware...

Mine is flickering at times too.It seems like just about every device that is out there is doing it. I still think its software based, and probably a setting to do with the LCD display. If its hardware then HTC are going to run out of phones...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DazNoonan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes