5,600,292 Members 35,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Flicker - Response from HTC

Tip us?

janne303
Old
Thanks Meter 8
"HTC (Facebook) Hi, Jeff. We've heard of this from only a limited number of users, and we've handled those incidents. Rest assured there's no need to be afraid. We will gladly give you a replacement if you encounter any issues."

oxfordmark
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne303 View Post
"HTC (Facebook) Hi, Jeff. We've heard of this from only a limited number of users, and we've handled those incidents. Rest assured there's no need to be afraid. We will gladly give you a replacement if you encounter any issues."
Fobbed off

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

oxfordmark
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Over on the other threadthe statement is in. Not helpful. Basically sayingtake it back.

I guess we just all do that until fixed?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne303 View Post
You guys have got to stop taking the comments from drones on the back end of social sites, e-mail, and on the phone at call centers as gospel. This has been covered in Taiwan and HTC's CEO has commented on it. Whatever formal communication is issued the people you're quoting will be far down the food chain in receiving it. Same thing applies regionally. HTC Taiwan will control the message, not HTC UK who is reliant on them for what is and isnít acceptable to communicate. Silence sucks but Iíd bet you my phone this isnít an unknown issue to HTC Taiwan and that theyíre scrambling for a fix.

As to not being aware of the problem, HTC contacted the XDA member that claimed a file was in the wrong folder causing battery issues to explain why he was incorrect. So they're obviously on the forum and it's not like this 75+ page thread or the petition for a response are easy to miss.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lawrence750
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
You guys have got to stop taking the comments from drones on the back end of social sites, e-mail, and on the phone at call centers as gospel. This has been covered in Taiwan and HTC's CEO has commented on it. Whatever formal communication is issued the people you're quoting will be far down the food chain in receiving it. Same thing applies regionally. HTC Taiwan will control the message, not HTC UK who is reliant on them for what is and isnít acceptable to communicate. Silence sucks but Iíd bet you my phone this isnít an unknown issue to HTC Taiwan and that theyíre scrambling for a fix.

As to not being aware of the problem, HTC contacted the XDA member that claimed a file was in the wrong folder causing battery issues to explain why he was incorrect. So they're obviously on the forum and it's not like this 75+ page thread or the petition for a response are easy to miss.
Bloody hope they're on here, might make em scramble faster!

I still don't understand how they missed this problem though. I could understand if only one of my 4 devices had had the problem, so far for me, its 100% of the devices that have flickered

0kk0
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Hi,

i was willing to get a HOX but im waiting till there is a fix or something like that...

but i was wondering... i think(or hope?) this is software issue. could it be that its related to lightsensor and in relation with battery? and the drivers are programmed with to small steps(more or less light in lightsensor) between the ammount of light received by the sensors related with battery lifetime?

ps: glitches were solved? in latest update?

bye

Sent from my HD2 using XDA

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kk0 View Post
Hi,

i was willing to get a HOX but im waiting till there is a fix or something like that...

but i was wondering... i think(or hope?) this is software issue. could it be that its related to lightsensor and in relation with battery? and the drivers are programmed with to small steps(more or less light in lightsensor) between the ammount of light received by the sensors related with battery lifetime?

ps: glitches were solved? in latest update?

bye

Sent from my HD2 using XDA
Glitches were software and have been solved.

This strobe like effect on light grey colors is still unknown whether hardware or software. HTC seems to be treating it like hardware for a few people and getting exchanges. But I don't know how much that helps, as a lot of them have this problem and people that are getting exchanges still turn up with the problem sometimes.

I'm holding onto mine until more is known and if HTC releases any statements or anything. I e-mailed them to ask if I would even be able to get a replacement since i'm in the US.
The Following User Says Thank You to pewpewbangbang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

myself11
Old
Thanks Meter 239
I'm going tomorrow to a HTC Repair Center because of gap an flex on my screen.

Do your One X's flicker all the time or just sometimes? Mine only flickers on white/grey backgrounds for a few seconds after I change, for instance, from Home to Settings. Is this flicker?
HTC Hero - HTC HD2 - SG Note 1 - HTC One X - HTC One - SG Note 3 - Nexus 5

SG Tab 7 - SG Tab 10.1v - ASUS TF 101 - Ipad 4 - SG Tab Pro 8.4 - Ipad Air

HTC Media Link HD - Apple TV - Minix Neo X7

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
I'm going tomorrow to a HTC Repair Center because of gap an flex on my screen.

Do your One X's flicker all the time or just sometimes? Mine only flickers on white/grey backgrounds for a few seconds after I change, for instance, from Home to Settings. Is this flicker?
Yes?

Go into settings --> power --> battery use --> click the battery graph and see if the grey is flickering. Mine does and I have the SH23 batch which is supposed to be a lot better.

Change the brightness around too when checking it. On really low brightness, I have no flickering, but when I start increasing it, anything around the middle and above flickers.
The Following User Says Thank You to pewpewbangbang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

myself11
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Ok, now I see it. Thanks. But I have to be really close to notice it. Repair Center guys gonna laugh at me.
HTC Hero - HTC HD2 - SG Note 1 - HTC One X - HTC One - SG Note 3 - Nexus 5

SG Tab 7 - SG Tab 10.1v - ASUS TF 101 - Ipad 4 - SG Tab Pro 8.4 - Ipad Air

HTC Media Link HD - Apple TV - Minix Neo X7