Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] HQ Camera For ONE X - |1080p@20Mbps| - BETA

Tip us?

Rageypeep
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Er... I just flashed this... The phone just locks up after I press the shutter, no photo is taken and now I don't have a working camera... Can you make a flashable zip of the stock camera please? :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

zerohunter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is this only can be done on rooted device?

jermx
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Does this mod affect speed of shutter and takin photos?
better pic means bigger file means will take longer to process?
HTC One X
Stock S-ON

shree.cse
Old
Thanks Meter 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohunter View Post
is this only can be done on rooted device?
With out unlocking and root, how are you planning to flash the zip from recovery. The files in the zip are deodexed and cannot be even copied to the system.

Kernel: Stock
My thread: Repacked Kernels for InsertCoin Evolution
HTC HD2===>HTC DESIRE HD===>HTC ONE X===>HTC ONE 64GB
Hit on if my post helps you!

dwd3885
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageypeep View Post
Er... I just flashed this... The phone just locks up after I press the shutter, no photo is taken and now I don't have a working camera... Can you make a flashable zip of the stock camera please? :(

this happened to me the first time. but then it worked after i tried another shot

Rageypeep
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Ok I have found the bug that kills the camera, only one photo at a time can be taken with out restarting the app, the second will always crash the app. Burst mode does not work, will crash the app. Also taking a picture while taking a video will crash the app.... Was this just a port from the sensation? You know the HTC One phones have 2 shutters instead of the sensations 1... Bug being when the app swaps to use the 2nd lense shutter it will crash :(

NODO-GT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
this happened to me the first time. but then it worked after i tried another shot
Quote:
Ok I have found the bug that kills the camera, only one photo at a time can be taken with out restarting the app, the second will always crash the app. Burst mode does not work, will crash the app. Also taking a picture while taking a video will crash the app.... Was this just a port from the sensation? You know the HTC One phones have 2 shutters instead of the sensations 1... Bug being when the app swaps to use the 2nd lense shutter it will crash :(

thanks for report I'll look into it.
and this is not a port from sensation, it's based on One X stock camera

dwd3885
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:

I have found none of this to be true..

NODO-GT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
I have found none of this to be true..
hm...

Rageypeep, I would advise you to try and reflash camera.

knightrocker
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:

errr ... actually its only called dual shutter ... the shooting at the same time stuff is with one sensor ... that is why you only get 5mp pictures when you shoot during a video ... cuz true hd is 3mp and the other 5 is used for the pic ...

Tags
1080p, camera
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe