This a tutorial about how to easily downgrade your HTC Phones bootloader to install hspl and custom roms.
1) What is a GoldCard? A) It's a method to easily flash ROM files etc.
2) My phone performs an infinite reboot-loop, what to do? Answer: A couple of reboots are normal, if the phone keeps rebooting for more than 5 minutes, try this: a) Be sure to format the card to fat32 b) Try another sd-card/flashdrive or a different card reader. c) Check your cable configuration.
3) Can I fix a bricked bootloader with this method? Answer: Yes! If you're able to get into USB-Host Mode it's possible. If you're not able to get into USB Host Mode with a bricked bootloader, post a comment with you're device details, we might be able to help you out.
4) Only shows "Entering USB Mode" Answer: This means your phone can't access the file. A) Try another cable configuration B) Check if card is formatted to fat32 C) try another cable, card reader or card. Some cards/flash-drives just don't work. I highly recommend to use a SD/MicroSD card, since they're way more likely to work.
What you need
- Micro SD Card or SD Card. Some users succeeded using flashdrives (for example USB-sticks), but I highly recommend SD Cards/MicroSD Cards., since most flashdrives don't work.
- Card reader
- Y-Cable USB
- USB Gender Changer
- My custom goldcard.img
- Your device-specific .nbh image.
You need to download a nodo rom for your device and extract Ruu_signed.nbh via Winrar. Rename it to
-Sparimg.nbh for Spark (Trophy)
-Spawimg.nbh for Verizon/CDMA Spark
-SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert (HD 7)
-MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
- MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian (HTC 7 Surround)
(Feel free to add more Devices in the comment section.)
or get a pregenerated package, ready to go: Many thanks to xda-user saywa!
Im going to make tested Gold Card packages, ready to go
content is :
- tested rom fitted on your provider and language, already renamed
- gold card software and image
- Tutorial from here
after this you only have to download for downgrade only once, so your second download will be your favorite Custom rom
will edit this and put this in first posts, as previous download links are dead
Mozart_Europe_GoldCard : http://ul.to/d48qszrx
Mozart_TMO_DE GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/22uao98s
Mozart_TMO_AT_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/3kbw4zec
Mozart_Telestra_WWE_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/bvmq1wxa
Schubert_HD7_O2_DE_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/0ohiwhc1
Schubert_HD7_Europe_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/ir2rnue2
Schubert_HD7_Telestra_WWE_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/i8w0tgnu
Schubert_HD7_BellMobility_WWE_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/qcroufxt
Schubert_HD7_Asia_WWE_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/ulcjku60
Schubert_HD7_TMOUS_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/ee8is5qe
Schubert_HD7_O2_UK_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/pw4y404k
Schubert_HD7_CingularUS_GoldCard : http://ul.to/vjvq5shj
Schubert_HD7_TIM_IT_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/2gva3dua
Spark_Trophy_Europe_GoldCard Pack : http://ul.to/xowk23mg
So let's start:
- Make sure you're battery is above 50%
- Format the MicroSD Card to fat32
- Copy the .nbh Image to the MicroSD Card
- Launch Goldcard Tool
- While ignoring the cid box, choose "Load GoldCard.img" and select the goldcard.img you just downloaded
- Press "Patch MMC" and wait for confirmation
- Unplug the MicroSD Card
- Connect the Y-Cable and the USB-gender-changer like shown in the picture
- Connect the MicroSD-Card
- Connect your phone
- Connect the y-cable to an ordinary usb port
- Hold Power+Camera+VolumeDown until the USB Host Mode appears
- Wait about 30 min until the update completes. The phone may reboot a couple of times.
- After the update completed, unplug your phone and reboot
Now you can install HSPL, visit this thread for further details: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195647
After that, you can install any custom roms. You'll find those in the Development section of your Device forum in XDA. For example for Tropy here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=812
How to flash a ROM: http://www.guidingtech.com/mobiles/f...s-coming-soon/
- And uh, if you spend money to buy all those cables or got kind support, please be so kind and donate a few bucks to the guy who told you how to do it.
Certainly I do not take responsibility for any possible damage caused.
Credits for research to